What the heck are some people wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
My wife will stare even if I don’t. Then she’ll convince me to stare. We start taking pictures. If enough people are staring, it causes a distraction. This could happen during a parade or show, and that’s something Disney doesn’t want.

Shouldigo12

I
My wife will stare even if I don’t. Then she’ll convince me to stare. We start taking pictures. If enough people are staring, it causes a distraction. This could happen during a parade or show, and that’s something Disney doesn’t want.
I'm sorry, you start what? Why take pictures?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
1483188712415.jpg

geekza

I mean see through shirt with stickers as pasties, and sorry if you are letting it all hang out and putting it on display you deserve to be sexualized
I think that's going a bit far as nobody deserves to be sexualized. However, I don't think that there should be any surprise or indignation on the part of the person wearing the revealing clothing when people take notice. I can only speak for myself, but I'm a heterosexual male who isn't quite dead yet. If a female whom I would normally otherwise find attractive is displaying body parts that, again, are attractive to me, I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that I won't at least glance. I'm not going to be a total creeper and stare or take pictures, but I'm only human. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, if you don't want people to look at you, you probably shouldn't hang out a neon sign saying, "Here are my jubblies!" in a public place. If we ever reach a point whereby the unclothed human body isn't considered a factor in attraction, then, by all means, wear what you like. Such a drastic societal change isn't going to happen in the next few years, though, and those who choose to bare their bodies in public have to expect a certain amount of looks and discomfort from those around them. Again, as adults with free will, we must be accountable for our actions and nobody has a right to take any type of clothing (or lack thereof) as a license to harass or assault another human being. If there are a pair of female mammalian protuberances on display in a public place, though, I'm not going to pretend that they don't exist and talk about the weather.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I think that's going a bit far as nobody deserves to be sexualized. However, I don't think that there should be any surprise or indignation on the part of the person wearing the revealing clothing when people take notice. I can only speak for myself, but I'm a heterosexual male who isn't quite dead yet. If a female whom I would normally otherwise find attractive is displaying body parts that, again, are attractive to me, I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that I won't at least glance. I'm not going to be a total creeper and stare or take pictures, but I'm only human. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, if you don't want people to look at you, you probably shouldn't hang out a neon sign saying, "Here are my jubblies!" in a public place. If we ever reach a point whereby the unclothed human body isn't considered a factor in attraction, then, by all means, wear what you like. Such a drastic societal change isn't going to happen in the next few years, though, and those who choose to bare their bodies in public have to expect a certain amount of looks and discomfort from those around them. Again, as adults with free will, we must be accountable for our actions and nobody has a right to take any type of clothing (or lack thereof) as a license to harass or assault another human being. If there are a pair of female mammalian protuberances on display in a public place, though, I'm not going to pretend that they don't exist and talk about the weather.

This is reminiscent of the poodle lady. Dressing in a manner that you know can be distraction, yet shaming those who get distracted.

The Mom

Premium Member
Ah, this is not the Politics and Social issues forums, so please stop with the insults. And arguments.

geekza

This is reminiscent of the poodle lady. Dressing in a manner that you know can be distraction, yet shaming those who get distracted.
This is a little more nuanced for me, though. The Poodle Lady is... well, I don't know what she is but it isn't good. With this topic, I can totally understand the frustration that a lot of females feel regarding the double standard that exists for men and women when it comes to our bodies and the display, thereof. However, we also live in the present and have to accept the realities that go along with our current society and understand that, while change is desirable and should be a goal, society very rarely changes overnight and any expectation that it will or should is naive.

Maeryk

My park attire is always Duluth Trading firehose.. whether it's shorts or pants, and they are as cargo as they come outside of BDUs and a molle vest. When I want to dress up it's a utilikilt.. also with cargo pockets.

I have no idea what people's issues with cargos is.. they are neither revealing nor profane. I can only imagine it's sour grapes from someone trying to juggle a purse or satchel, water bottle, phone, sunblock, packet of tissues, bag of candy to keep the kids quiet, pen, autograph book, digital camera, etc etc. All of which (and more) fit neatly in my pockets and eliminate the need to try to stop or hold them on rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom