What Souvenirs do you wish Disney would sell?

rnese

How about a SIMS style interactive online game? A virtual world where you log on, enter the Walt Disney Resort, visit any resort, park, etc. You can experience attractions, meet and greet characters, view parades, interact with cast members, other guests, etc. Earn points/money by getting a job as a cast member, or completing tasks, in order to extend your stay. So many people play games like Minecraft, SIMS, Worldcraft, etc. Why not a Disney world?

lego606

MagicBandit
How about a SIMS style interactive online game? A virtual world where you log on, enter the Walt Disney Resort, visit any resort, park, etc. You can experience attractions, meet and greet characters, view parades, interact with cast members, other guests, etc. Earn points/money by getting a job as a cast member, or completing tasks, in order to extend your stay. So many people play games like Minecraft, SIMS, Worldcraft, etc. Why not a Disney world?

You mean, VMK? :(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Magic_Kingdom

litaljohn

how about a scale replica of the yeti from expedition Everest, exactly like the ride complete with zero points of articulation?

in all seriousness I'd love to see a true return to the resort mugs, with each resort getting a unique shape or design.

I would also Love to see a return of diney world merch. not "Disney parks" and not sold on the Disney store site, merch that you have to be at the specific park to get the item. as a kid seeing other people with Disney world things it was special, in a way both of you were both members of a special club, and having those special things was almost like showing a secret handshake.

I haven't a clue on a male counterpart but for ladies I think it would be cool to be able to purchase a special charm bracelet with theme park specific charms wih a catch, you have to register the bracelet and can only get one charm a year. essentially the true thought process is for Disney to create something that fosters tradition. again almost like unique clothes it's almost like having a trophy for all the years you go to Disney, and with all the different Charms it's sort of like a reminder and conversation point for the family. "oh remember the year we got this one, I can't believe I actually had thy haircut bak then. and hey remember this one two years ago? man I can't believe how pumped we were when Bon Jovi replaced Aerosmith, I must have rode it at least 30 times that trip!"

and finally since it seems Disney is starting to embrace the newer tech and smart phones and waves of progress are making with our capabilities I'd love to ten years or so from now see them sell a special app called jiminy quickit.
with this it would hopefully create the ability to get your own tours where you can go however you want and learn and experience things while able to skip over non interests. essentially instead of a cast member you can "let your conscience be your guide"
basicly the program would run a (hopefully improved) version of google glass, where as you guide yourself the program will bring up secrets, news, history and trivia of whatever attraction you are looking at. don't know which ride has the shorter line? the app could also provide wait times or even put a slight color tint on the attraction to instantly know if you should head for a ride or wait til lates. ( for example red for over an hour wait, green for a half hour or less)
[ as an Easter egg if the park is rather empty perhaps jiminy can drum up a virtual Brazilian tour group for you ]

and of course this almost goes without saying but lets have a cd calls "that's why I love this mouse" with Bon Jovi singing selections an songs from the parks.

disneyfan1995

There's nothing in particular that I'd like them to start selling, but I do wish that they would expand their merchandise selection. It's basically the same in almost every gift shop and it's starting to get old. I used to love bringing home souvenirs and everything and now the most I bring home is a few pins and maybe a vinylmation or two.

openendedsky

More ride specific pins WITHOUT characters in them. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to get a ride pin, but it has stitch or whomever irrelevant character in the pin as well. I don't really have a problem if it's a ride related character (like the brer characters riding splash or something like buzz on his ride vehicle sort of thing), but i really hate seeing a cool ride pin only to have the fab five or stitch on it.

jw24

Bottled packs of all the drinks in Club Cool or even 12 packs? I'd buy those in a heartbeat!! ;) But personally, I really want a Peter Pan replica hat for adults. I don't recall ever seeing them in the stores in WDW.

StarWarsGirl

You know Mittens from Bolt? I love her; she's my favorite character in that movie and is one cool cat. Yet I can't find Mittens merchandise anywhere! I would love a hand drawn picture of her for my room or a plush version of her, but I can't find her anywhere. I even checked the Disney store at one of the malls near me, and I can't find her. Sad really.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The other ones are good, especially the one from China. But the Beverly is just...gross
Not to Italians!

To be fair, the drink isn't meant to be guzzled like a soda, but rather sipped right before eating a rich meal.

The fact it is at a soda dispenser is deceiving. It is meant as a non alcoholic aperitif, in other words, a pre dinner slightly bitter / dry drink which opens the palate for the meal you are about to consume.

StarWarsGirl

Not to Italians!

To be fair, the drink isn't meant to be guzzled like a soda, but rather sipped right before eating a rich meal.

The fact it is at a soda dispenser is deceiving. It is meant as a non alcoholic aperitif, in other words, a pre dinner slightly bitter / dry drink which opens the palate for the meal you are about to consume.
True, but I can't even take the first sip!

Oh well. Good thing I'm not Italian.

openendedsky

The other ones are good, especially the one from China. But the Beverly is just...gross
Well, maybe not for the Beverly the more I think about it. But I will buy as many 12 packs or bottle packs of the Watermelon soda as I can if I had the chance! :cool:
I think the Watermelon was my favorite. I haven't had the chance to try but two aside from the Beverly because that ruined my thirst for the next couple of hours.

Edit: I do wish they had more misc. coca cola merch in that store though. My uncle (now deceased) and his partner were avid coke merchandise collectors and I want to send my uncle's partner something, but not if he already has it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom