• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

What should NOT have been replaced?

KBLovesDisney

Horizons - I will always wonder why they got rid of this one.

Great Movie Ride - nothing against a new ride with MM, but just wish they utilized another empty lot instead of destroying GMR

Driver

I remember the characters would walk around the park and interact with the kids, my boys loved it. I guess Disney saw another way to make a dollar and started character meals at various restaurants. IMO over charge for so so food. Thanks for jogging my memory I remember watching the ducks on the lawn too.
Meet and greets had a lot to do with the safety of the characters. It is a controlled environment.

Original Innoventions. Alec Tronic (Timekeeper's cousin removed?), Sum of All Thrills?, Bill Nye had a thing set up, Apple, and of course saving the best for last, Sega's huge exhibit with Sonic, all the consoles, and yeah Knuckles was featured too. (& KNUCKLES)

Mainahman

"one little spark" although by the time I got there in 2001, horizons has "been eaten by a sinkhole" and mission space was a pad of concrete, I think it still has a place in EPCOT. Even today.

Which attraction should NOT have been replaced?
The Skyway. One, a fun break and great views of the park. Two, when the park was really crowded, an easy way to get from one end to the other. Especially with a family, you didn't have to hold hands and drag your crew through the crowd.

A related thread - possibly already here - is what attraction is still there that should NOT have been allowed to descend into horribleness? The answer there is the Jungle Cruise. Should have been revamped/updated decades ago. It can still be fun, and charming, but as an attraction it's 30 years past needing a massive makeover.

The Skyway. One, a fun break and great views of the park. Two, when the park was really crowded, an easy way to get from one end to the other. Especially with a family, you didn't have to hold hands and drag your crew through the crowd.

A related thread - possibly already here - is what attraction is still there that should NOT have been allowed to descend into horribleness? The answer there is the Jungle Cruise. Should have been revamped/updated decades ago. It can still be fun, and charming, but as an attraction it's 30 years past needing a massive makeover.
I agree about Jungle Cruise. Not even sure why it's still around with the addition of AK. Go on Kilimanjaro Safari....the animals are real!!!

Even though I am not the biggest fan of movies in general, I was really sad when the Great Movie Ride closed. I understand that not many young people today are familiar with the movies that were in that ride, but I still enjoyed it. I remember wanting to be the actor that played the gangster who took over the car! It was really well done. Even though I am kind of surprised it took this long to close down. I will still miss it. I used to go on it twice sometimes, especially if the lines were not long.

Top Bottom