What should NOT have been replaced?

Sbk1234

Have to add, although not an attraction, Adventures Club. There was absolutely NO reason to remove it. It could have easily still fit in with the new Disney Springs and was still very popular.

And if I want to REALLY date myself... the mule ride at DL. (I know, LOTS of reasons to have replaced this, but I can still be nostalgic).
I'm really sorry that I can't like this twice!

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
They could honestly just decorate it or something, seriously.

Although I sort of understand WHY it's not there anymore. I had to be evacuated from it as a kid, and it was honestly a terrible experience in retrospect, even if as a kid it was fun at the time.
But Corey Burton doing an evil computer voice (you all know what part I'm referring to.) 14 years before he was Krypton.

WeAreOne

In the Parks
No
I never got to experience Horizons, but it's still one of my favorite attractions. It's very creative and it stinks they got rid of it. Also Honey I Shrunk the Audience because I love all three movies, and I actually really like Nigel Channing.

Sbk1234

I never got to experience Horizons, but it's still one of my favorite attractions. It's very creative and it stinks they got rid of it. Also Honey I Shrunk the Audience because I love all three movies, and I actually really like Nigel Channing.
Watching Horizons videos on YouTube barely gives the idea of how amazing that attraction was! I feel bad for everyone who was never able to experience it.

TomboyJanet

Oh boy where do I even begin

Journey into Imagination
It was a timeless classic that was a world of it's own that created an amazing feeling i can never replicate elsewhere no matter what. I really can't say any more that hasn't already been said, but this is number one with a bullet. It should be illegal what they did to it it was so bad. And to let it sit around unrestored like this for so long? HINT HINT Disney execs

Horizons:
I know there were some issues with the building or something but This thing was like the thesis statement of Epcot. Without it is like....well DHS without the Great Movie Ride which brings me to

The Great Movie Ride:
It had a sense of humor really got me interested in movie making. It involved cast members playing roles of heroes and villains creating comical crossovers of some of my favorite films. The Alien scene was just REALLY cool, and the show scenes were very well done. You felt like you were a part of the act. It was highly detailed and the fact that it existed was amazing enough.

Maelstrom:
It was really cool, I just really thought it was hardcore. I would have been fine with the frozen retheme if something actually HAPPENED during the ride. There's no conflict or danger and yet you still drop. How does that make sense? and why did they close that cool open part with the infinity pool effect? They coulda had tough courageous Elsa save you from crashing down on icy rocks but nooooooo "princesses are too dainty and fragile for intense rides!" (that's what I can only assume the line of thought was here).

Backlot Tour: They coulda just shortened it or rerouted it

Body Wars: Ok yes it became a dead ride, yes lots of people didn't like it, and yes I think they were all big babies. This ride was directed by Leonard Nimoy himself and was the closest I've come to entering a star trek universe. The intensity of the action was just soo cool, and the concept was unique. I would ride it like 7 times in a row when it had no line and I'd still be mad when they closed it (what!? just one more ride? WHY NOT!!?)

Mr Toad: Yes I'm still mad about that but that was just the first

The Rest of Epcot: Yeah.....that's a story for another post perhaps.

Primeval Whirl: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???? Why would I say such a thing? Well.......I never got to ride it!! A whole Ride came and went in my absence from Disney World! That's a bit disturbing to me. Ok this one was kinda more of a joke to lighten the mood but I have NO Idea what they could possibly replace it with that wouldn't annoy me.

clarabellej

This may not fall in the “replaced” category, but they probably should have left Mickey & Minnie’s country homes in Toontown Fair alone. Kids loved those. We as jaded adults were not as enthralled, but the kids were absolutely fascinated. They could have moved them, not gotten rid of them all together. I just saw that they are going to revamp Toontown at DL, so hope they don’t mess it up too much.

Imagination at Epcot was so wonderful originally. I remember we were touring not too long after it had opened and that attraction was the only one that was more age appropriate for our young daughters. They adored it. With all that is happening at Epcot & the money being spent (probably ruining it forever), they should restore it to its original form.

I have never been a fan of New Fantasyland. Maybe Be Our Guest restaurant interiors. I don’t care for Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Family friendly, but not “back-friendly.” Seems like more solid concrete walkways, less greenery.

The whole castle hub area, the same. All that concrete. Too many light fixtures. Just junky looking.

I always thought they could’ve taken Mickey’s Philharmagic & made a Tinkerbelle area to compliment Peter Pan’s Flight.

The Frozen ride was so hyped & felt so unfinished. I think all the $$ went into the animated figures.

Just praying they will not touch Living with The Land and Spaceship Earth.

I gave up on Hollywood Studios a long time ago. My daughter has always loved Tower of Terror.

Don’t get me started on Star Wars. I have nothing against it, but it does not scream Disney to me & just “doesn’t go.”

But my biggest peeve is Splash Mountain. Oh how we loved that ride 😟🙁☹️😩🥺😢😭

PrinceCharming617

Horizons, which is much better then it's successor Mission Space.

Horizons (and World of Motion) leaving seemed to signify that we were losing the Epcot we know and love. And the park was going in a new direction settling for more quick thrills than long relaxing rides. It was like they took away Spaceship Earth.

TwilightZone

I’m sorry I could only like this once.
Rinse and repeat and there you go! Multi likes!
QDAXLSEC_t.png

fvLvci1X_t.png
CkE1DGLm_t.png

QDAXLSEC_t.png

fvLvci1X_t.png

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Splash Mountain. Sure, remove the racist things and make it less controversial, but overall they easily could've kept the ride and simply built Tiana's in a slightly different form as part of Beyond Big Thunder at WDW, and DisneylandForward at DLR. That said, I am very excited for Tiana's, it looks fantastic, but I just wish it wasn't replacing an icon.

John park hopper

The original Living With the Land when they had CM Riding along and explaining how things worked was great. Then Disney went cheap and removed the CMs and put in recordings

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom