What should NOT have been replaced?

TwilightZone

I can understand why they replaced imagination, I just can't understand why they just didn't just update it especially with kodak's financial troubles.

clarabellej

Mr Toad and Snow White’s Scary Adventure (was that the name?).

I feel like both Pooh and Princess Fairytale Hall certainly have their merits, but couldn’t they have gone elsewhere. Could they have bumped out the back of New Fantasyland?

And speaking of which: RIP Mickey and Minnie’s Country homes in Toontown Fair. Kids were nuts about those. Certainly low key and low maintenance.

Original Figment for sure! It was so much better.

Original Soarin’!!!! I need my orange scent fix. That one brought me so much joy. This new version just doesn’t cut it.

At the risk of being attacked & I recognize how dated it was for many reasons, but I liked visiting Ellen’s Energy thingy, if I had time to kill. Or dare I say fuel to burn?

Okay. I’ll stop.

KimAnnFran

The OG Journey into Imagination
Horizons (duh)
The Timekeeper
WoM (Motion at Epcot)
Cranium Command
Sum of all Thrills
Great Movie Ride
Lights! Motors! Action! I like that ride
Discovery Island (still sitting there today)

Looking at this again, I agree with almost 100% of what you wrote here, to the letter.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
wow is this new? I have never heard of it, and I've been to WDW quite a lot, extensively through the 80s and 90s and a few times in the 2000s or is this the thing that makes the lightning? I feel completely blank on this.
These were two separate experiences at Innoventions East. Both Sum of all Thrills and StormStruck, closed in 2016.

KimAnnFran

These were two separate experiences at Innoventions East. Both Sum of all Thrills and StormStruck, closed in 2016.
I saw the Storm place.....I rememeber that one clearly in probably 1989 or so, can that be possible? Im going to have to look up the other one, I cannot see anything about what the show is like at the site, I'm going to try and find a show walkthrough or ridethrough or sitthrough so I can try and remember if I saw it.

Mrs. Kaz

In the Parks
No
I have to agree that Cranium Command and The Great Movie Ride I sorely miss. As for entertainment I also miss Off Kilter performing at the stage at the Canada Pavilion. They always put on a fantastic energetic show.

Mrs. Kaz

In the Parks
No
I like how it explained the science of growing up, great for the middle schoolers who saw it on the trips we took before it was eliminated.
I am a teacher of 1st graders. It is advanced for that age, but you are correct that it was a great show for Middle Schoolers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom