What rides do you miss when you go to Disneyland instead of WDW?

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
racist? How was anything racist with homeless people digging in trash cans? Did you see signs saying white only trash diggers allowed? I'm baffled how you can see racism in homelessness...

Ya know, I appreciate your ability to reply to something without reading my two previous posts. SO maybe if you go back and NOTICE where I said the homeless man woke up and cussed out two hispanic women and used racial epitaphs. Maybe that will that will clue you in on what I was talking about. I was referring to that specific incident and not homelessness in general.

Or you can just keep making false assumptions. Either or.

thomas998

Ya know, I appreciate your ability to reply to something without reading my two previous posts. SO maybe if you go back and NOTICE where I said the homeless man woke up and cussed out two hispanic women and used racial epitaphs. Maybe that will that will clue you in on what I was talking about. I was referring to that specific incident and not homelessness in general.

Or you can just keep making false assumptions. Either or.
Of course the most reasonable thing for you to do is consider your posts don't come with every other post you've ever written attached, nor are your post so important to anyone besides yourself that people are going to go looking up everything you've written to decide what you were talking about.

In other words when your post make no sense it isn't the reader's job to figure them out.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Of course the most reasonable thing for you to do is consider your posts don't come with every other post you've ever written attached, nor are your post so important to anyone besides yourself that people are going to go looking up everything you've written to decide what you were talking about.

In other words when your post make no sense it isn't the reader's job to figure them out.
It is the reader's job when they jump into a conversation to find out the previous context. I certainly don't have to give you a history course in every post just because you are one of the knee jerk reactionary types. But if you weren't trolling you could have scrolled back to see previous posts or politely ask for clarification. You chose differently of course.

thomas998

It is the reader's job when they jump into a conversation to find out the previous context. I certainly don't have to give you a history course in every post just because you are one of the knee jerk reactionary types. But if you weren't trolling you could have scrolled back to see previous posts or politely ask for clarification. You chose differently of course.

You might want to look up the word polite... Apparently you have no clue what it means or how to practice it... feel free to go read your previous posts to enlighten yourself on how not to be polite.

SpaceMountain75

So...about those missed rides from WDW when at DLR...
The other big one I miss is DHS Tower of Terror. DCA's is good and all, but when your elevator comes out of the shaft, plus varied drop sequences equals a better ride for me. I also just like the way Florida's looks from the outside.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
So...about those missed rides from WDW when at DLR...
The other big one I miss is DHS Tower of Terror. DCA's is good and all, but when your elevator comes out of the shaft, plus varied drop sequences equals a better ride for me. I also just like the way Florida's looks from the outside.

I think that when your elevator car moves forward and into another shaft, it makes the ride into a mini-dark ride instead of just an awesome drop tower. I hate drop towers! I ride the WDW version because of the dark ride element even if it only last 30 seconds. Another thing that is better at WDW is the 4 drop towers compared to the 2 at DL. The last 3 days of my DL trip, there was no fastpasses for ToT, because 1 of the towers was having problems - standby 70-100 minutes. They get an extra scene and that is good, but can't compete in my eyes.

SpaceMountain75

I think that when your elevator car moves forward and into another shaft, it makes the ride into a mini-dark ride instead of just an awesome drop tower. I hate drop towers! I ride the WDW version because of the dark ride element even if it only last 30 seconds. Another thing that is better at WDW is the 4 drop towers compared to the 2 at DL. The last 3 days of my DL trip, there was no fastpasses for ToT, because 1 of the towers was having problems - standby 70-100 minutes. They get an extra scene and that is good, but can't compete in my eyes.
Great point about the dark ride section, it gives the ride a little more depth rather than just going up and down. And I didn't even think about the extra elevators! I'm a local to Disneyland and I can honestly say I haven't seen all of the elevators for a long time, which in turn inflates the standby like you said. The last couple times I've gone the Tower of Terror FastPasses ran out faster than Radiator Springs Racers, which is crazy!

Figments Friend

I love Disneyland, and prefer it to WDW over the last couple of years.
I love everything about the Park, and almost all of the Attractions beat the WDW versions hands down in my opinion.
I won't even mention the great live entertainment and new night time spectaculars.
With all of this going for it, however, one thing i really miss from my 35+ years of visiting WDW is the multiple Audio Animatronics shows.
I really miss that at Disneyland, where AA presentations are sparse in comparison.

I'm talking about outright 'Shows' as apposed to AA figures in Attractions.
Sure, Disneyland has the wonderful original 'Enchanted Tiki Room' which is great....but that's it really.
At WDW, we have the Tiki Room, plus the 'Hall of Presidents', Country Bear Jamboree' 'Stitch's Great Escape', and the mother of them all, the glorious 'Carousel of Progress'.
Over at Epcot we have the spectacular 'American Adventure'. At DHS we have 'The Great Movie Ride'.
AA spectacles, and lots of them.
At Disneyland, there is only one AA show but of course lots of AAs in Attractions.

That is the one thing i miss....the multitude of AA shows.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
I love Disneyland, and prefer it to WDW over the last couple of years.
I love everything about the Park, and almost all of the Attractions beat the WDW versions hands down in my opinion.
I won't even mention the great live entertainment and new night time spectaculars.
With all of this going for it, however, one thing i really miss from my 35+ years of visiting WDW is the multiple Audio Animatronics shows.
I really miss that at Disneyland, where AA presentations are sparse in comparison.

I'm talking about outright 'Shows' as apposed to AA figures in Attractions.
Sure, Disneyland has the wonderful original 'Enchanted Tiki Room' which is great....but that's it really.
At WDW, we have the Tiki Room, plus the 'Hall of Presidents', Country Bear Jamboree' 'Stitch's Great Escape', and the mother of them all, the glorious 'Carousel of Progress'.
Over at Epcot we have the spectacular 'American Adventure'. At DHS we have 'The Great Movie Ride'.
AA spectacles, and lots of them.
At Disneyland, there is only one AA show but of course lots of AAs in Attractions.

That is the one thing i miss....the multitude of AA shows.

As WDW vet and a first-timer to DLR. I noticed this too. While WDW lost some great dark rides (Horizons, World of Motion and the original Journey into Imagination), we still have a lot more animatronic in ride and shows. Great moments of Mr Lincoln was great for me, but mostly because of the history of the attraction. I felt myself longing for the American Adventure and Hall of Presidents. I also missed the first part of SSE too.

I love the maintenance and care DL attractions get, but I think I like WDW's attractions more. I just wish they would receive more love and care.

Figments Friend

As WDW vet and a first-timer to DLR. I noticed this too. While WDW lost some great dark rides (Horizons, World of Motion and the original Journey into Imagination), we still have a lot more animatronic in ride and shows. Great moments of Mr Lincoln was great for me, but mostly because of the history of the attraction. I felt myself longing for the American Adventure and Hall of Presidents. I also missed the first part of SSE too.

I love the maintenance and care DL attractions get, but I think I like WDW's attractions more. I just wish they would receive more love and care.

Aha...i knew i forget one!
How could i forget to include 'Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln' on my list...?
Thanks for the reminder.

Whenever 'Two Brothers' and 'Golden Dream' plays i will admit a part of me yearns to return to Epcot just to see 'The American Adventure' again.
LOVE that AA spectacular.

Agree...and i am glad i am not alone in missing the Animatronic presentations.
Disneyland could really use another AA styled show, but it seems out of fashion now.
Nobody seems to want to invest in a straightforward, staged AA production like the Tiki Room or Country Bear Jamboree.
AAs seem to be used primarily in ride based Attractions now, which is good, but some of us AAs fans like to sit in one place and concentrate on the performance...instead of trying to do so traveling at 5 miles per hour on a rail or on a boat!

:D

George Lucas on a Bench

Between late August and January (sigh, here we go again), the classic version of Haunted, which WDW never changes to that God awful Holiday version. I've never seen a Disney attraction more horribly trashed. Okay, I did see the demolition of Horizons, so I take that back. I would say it's tied with the 90s redo of Journey Into Imagination as the most wrecked Disney attraction.

All other times:

- PeopleMover
- Carousel of Progress
- The Great Movie Ride
- Spaceship Earth
- The American Adventure

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
Aha...i knew i forget one!
How could i forget to include 'Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln' on my list...?
Thanks for the reminder.

Whenever 'Two Brothers' and 'Golden Dream' plays i will admit a part of me yearns to return to Epcot just to see 'The American Adventure' again.
LOVE that AA spectacular.

Agree...and i am glad i am not alone in missing the Animatronic presentations.
Disneyland could really use another AA styled show, but it seems out of fashion now.
Nobody seems to want to invest in a straightforward, staged AA production like the Tiki Room or Country Bear Jamboree.
AAs seem to be used primarily in ride based Attractions now, which is good, but some of us AAs fans like to sit in one place and concentrate on the performance...instead of trying to do so traveling at 5 miles per hour on a rail or on a boat!

:D

Yeah, when "Two Brothers" played during Great Moments with Mister Lincoln, I immediately thought of American Adventure. I think it is much more powerful at Epcot, because of all of the lead up to that segment, plus the additional AA's that we talked about.

Figments Friend

Yeah, when "Two Brothers" played during Great Moments with Mister Lincoln, I immediately thought of American Adventure. I think it is much more powerful at Epcot, because of all of the lead up to that segment, plus the additional AA's that we talked about.

Completely agree.
It does not have the same impact in the context of 'Mr. Lincoln' at DL, but i still enjoy seeing it included.

'The American Adventure' is a masterpiece of showmanship and a engineering marvel.
May it forever play at Epcot !
:)

Mickey5150

The obvious things I miss going to DL are Animal Kingdom and Epcot. As far as rides are concerned I miss things like Hall of Presidents, Universe of Energy, Great Movie Ride, all the movies in World Showcase. I miss the attractions that let you slow down and enjoy yourself. Even the argument that DL and CA are right across from each other is a negative to me. You are always moving from one quick attraction to the next. It's funny, but to me Disneyland seems more like the amusement parks that Walt wanted to get away from. Outside of Fantasyland, everything you do in WDW takes time. I'm on vacation, I'm not in a hurry.

SpaceMountain75

Between late August and January (sigh, here we go again), the classic version of Haunted, which WDW never changes to that God awful Holiday version. I've never seen a Disney attraction more horribly trashed. Okay, I did see the demolition of Horizons, so I take that back. I would say it's tied with the 90s redo of Journey Into Imagination as the most wrecked Disney attraction.

All other times:

- PeopleMover
- Carousel of Progress
- The Great Movie Ride
- Spaceship Earth
- The American Adventure
Yeah, but GINGERBREAD SMELL!!!11!!!11

Walt Disney1955

You get it cut both ways. Disneyland has stuff Disney World doesn't and vice versa. But to answer your question, the attractions I missed a bit when I went to Disneyland were:

Carousel of Progress - Such a classic, I love it.

Hall of Presidents - A great show to sit in on.

Country Bear Jamboree - One of my all-time favourites. Disney isn't the same without it. I was looking around the area at Disneyland where they replaced it with Winnie the Pooh. I can't see how there wasn't enough space in that corner to keep both.

Splash Mountain - It seemed very rushed at Disneyland, I noticed that right away. Plus I wasn't as big of a fan of the one row as opposed to two seats side by side.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
You get it cut both ways. Disneyland has stuff Disney World doesn't and vice versa. But to answer your question, the attractions I missed a bit when I went to Disneyland were:

Carousel of Progress - Such a classic, I love it.

Hall of Presidents - A great show to sit in on.

Country Bear Jamboree - One of my all-time favourites. Disney isn't the same without it. I was looking around the area at Disneyland where they replaced it with Winnie the Pooh. I can't see how there wasn't enough space in that corner to keep both.

Splash Mountain - It seemed very rushed at Disneyland, I noticed that right away. Plus I wasn't as big of a fan of the one row as opposed to two seats side by side.
Splash Mountain really stood out to me too. Rushed is a good word for it. Still fun, but with the open scenes and an abbreviated story it just doesn't match up with the WDW version. The anamatronics don't seem as varied. Lots of large ducks. When I went, the riverboat scene had static ducks on the riverboat, so that didn't help. WDW's Splash is one of my favorite attractions so, DL's version kept me wanting more.

brb1006

While this isn't an attraction example.

I've been to WDW three times and a huge meet and greet fan. While I've never been to Disneyland since I live in New Jersey. I've always loved seeing character videos (Mainly the Hatter and Alice) that are shot in Disneyland since the characters spent more time with guests and don't have handlers unlike WDW where guests just meet a character, pose for a photo or get their autograph and they leave the line.

Disneyland's character interactions for me look more special and fun such as the video of Hatter and Alice riding on the carousel with the Disneyland Band or sometimes seeing musical chair videos where a random Disney character can join. You don't see WDW doing stuff like that, but WDW did used to allow various Disney characters to wander around the parks from the 1970's - late 1990's.

I always get jealous when ever I watch the Sing Along Song Disneyland Fun's It's A Small World from 1990 where you see various Disney characters riding some attractions and spending more time with guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom