What rides do you miss when you go to Disneyland instead of WDW?

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
I just got back from 5 days at DL and DCA. It was great! I loved all of the rides that were unique to those parks. After thinking about it a little, I was a bit surprised at the rides I missed.

Here is my Top 5:

Number 1 was..... Carousel of Progress. Maybe it is because I have never been to Disney without experiencing it, but it was really missed. "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow....."

Number 2 .... The People Mover. It was 2 or 3 in the afternoon, lines are getting crowded, so I'll just hop on the people mover. Wrong!. There was just a dead Rocket Rods track mocking me.

Number 3.... The Great Movie Ride. Except for Pirates, there really is no long dark ride with lots of audio-animatronics. While I know it is dated, there are still some great scenes.

Number 4... World Showcase. No particular pavillion, just walking around the world and exploring the shops and restaurants.

Number 5... WDW's splash mountain. When the effect are working properly Splash Mountain @ WDW has DL's version beat, hands down. Not only is it longer, but the animatronics are so different and I guess I am just more used to our version.

Some Epcot rides probably would have been on the list in years past, but Epcot is kind of depressing now, which is one of the reason I went to DL once instead of going to WDW twice. I hope it will get some love before it is too late.

What makes up your list?

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
Peoplemover, Mr Toad, Country Bears, Rock N Roller Coaster, Muppet*Vision, Everest, Dinosaur, And Everything from Epcot..
Except Toad is long gone from WDW. I have to say we had the superior 2-track version that was much better than the DL's current version.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
The Peoplemover and Spaceship Earth are the only ones the come to mind.

I thought about Spaceship Earth too, but it reminded me of the sad state of Future World. The first half of the attraction is still one of my favorites. I just hate the stupid screens and the decent.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
It's still Mr Toad. And I miss it either way it was done.
I agree, I just think having two track (at one point both tracks were visible) made it better. I remember as a kid thinking I would go where I saw the vehicle on the other track go and I was surprised when I didn't. It made me want to ride the other track to see what was different.

Also Snow White's Scary Adventure seemed much better at DL than the WDW version (except the ending), if I am remembering correctly.

Bairstow

The only thing I really missed at Disneyland is the wildlife aspect of the Disney World parks, such as it is.
Disneyworld, having been built in/on a swamp, is teaming with all kinds of different migratory birds, and pretty much any body of water is going to have a couple fish swimming around in it (and the occasional errant alligator). I really like to chill out when I'm at the WDW parks and take a moment to stare down into the water or watch the birds causing and havoc and stealing people's french fries or whatever.

The only thing livings I saw at Disneyland were people and ducks.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
The busses.
I see what you did there. Probably the best feature of the DL park is that you can go back forth. We would start out at DL, but leave to grab a RSR fastpass and then head back to DL before the afternoon crowds got crazy. Then over to DCA to ride RSR and chill out. I could NEVER do that at WDW.

SpaceMountain75

1) PeopleMover
Disneyland's Tomorrowland is lacking that peaceful "in motion" element, and while it makes up for it in some ways with the beautiful submarine lagoon, I do agree with you @PorterRedkey that the defunct tracks mock me as I walk by!

2) PhilharMagic
One of the things WDW has over DLR for me are it's relaxing indoor shows, which brings me to my next missed attraction...

3) Carousel of Progress
*hums Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow*

4) Superior Splash Mountain
DL's is too jerky, too wet (IMO), and overall not as good as MK's.

5) Spaceship Earth
I just like this ride a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom