What rides are better at night?

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is great at night, and even better at night in the summer in the rain (it's like an awesome water ride). The lighting on the ride just make it more fun. I also feel the same way about Expedition Everest, even though it's much harder to ride that at night because AK is only open late very few times a year.

DisneyLeo18

Everest. I went on it at night for the first time last year and thought it was amazing. Usually you can only do this during EMH though.

tiaragirl

The Tower! Looking out over HS with the lights is fantastic.

I also love Splash in the dark.. the castle is all lit up and you can usually see the fireworks while they're going.

I love being on-site at night.

Mystic

Tower of Terror at night is amazing. When the elevator doors open you don't get blinded by the sun and you can actually see out over DHS.

Splash Mountain is pretty cool at night too, especially when the Castle is all lit up. Haunted Mansion is much spookier at night than it is during the day.

dreamfinder

I agree that pretty much any outdoors type ride is very different in the dark. BTMRR, Everest, and even Jungle Cruise just have a very different vibe to em. And Haunted Mansion just seems more immersive to me if you ride it in the dark.

MarkTwain

Jungle Cruise - feels more like an adventure through a mysterious, ominous jungle.

Haunted Mansion - creates a much spookier and more tense atmosphere, and makes the nighttime scenes (like the Graveyard) more realistic.

Pirates - also more realistic because it takes place during the nighttime.

Tomorrowland Transit Authority - seeing Tomorrowland all lit up in its bright neon colors :eek:

Big Thunder Mountain - I don't know why! :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Honestly, HM and PotC, just because it makes it more believable, SSE, too. :D If you notice, all those scenes are at dusk.

Don't like doing the outdoor coasters at night....I like to see everything wizz past. :shrug: Splash felt very short in the dark. BTMR, too.

Matt and Kelly

Big Thunder, Splash and Tower of Terror are great to ride at night. For some reason, Big Thunder seems so much faster to me at night. Splash is great at night, especially when the fireworks are going off.

I would love to ride Everest at night but haven't had the opportunity to do so. Maybe something I'll have to try on the next trip.

TinkerBelle8878

I kind of like all the rides at night. It reminds me of all the family vacations to WDW when I was a kid and was allowed to 'stay up late' and go into the parks at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom