What ride/attraction is the most original for you made by WDI???

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Here's my Jungle Cruise defense.:lol:

Story
Whether people know it or not, the Jungle Cruise has a great story behind it. The Jungle Cruise Navigation Company is actually part of a larger transportation company that decided to start tours through the jungle after they opened up a railroad line in the area.* Unfortunately, the railroad workers they got to become boat skippers have no idea what they are doing in the jungle, nor do they no much about the plants and animals that populate it.

*The reason the railroad story is part of the ride, is the I've been told, originally, the second floor was to be a stop on the Walt Disney World Railroad. After plans were scrapped for that, they kept the story, because you can still hear the train's whistle as you cruise the rivers of adventure. Also, more recently, it is rumored that the owner of the company is none other than Merriweather Pleasure.

Queue
While it isn't the best queue in the world, JC's has some very nice details. You can see relics and souvenirs collected by the skippers and their crews on their expeditions, some of which are marked for transport to Mr. Pleasure's famous Adventurers Club. You also pass the JC Navigation Company's offices, along with some pretty nice gags.

We also have Mr. Albert Awol, "the voice of the jungle", broadcasting the hits that are rocking the 1930s, and some very interesting jokes.

Also, we get to make announcements over the queue's PA system, where some of our funnier skippers incite laughs from those in line.

Ride
There isn't a ride anywhere like the Jungle Cruise. The level of cast member to guest interaction is un paralleled. There's nothing like having a boat full of people laughing, and being able to interact with them, and have the guests interact back.

Our ride vehicles are incredibly themed, with our personal effects hanging on the side/back, and really look like a jungle vessel.

Our show scenes could use a little work right now, but they still deliver the great sight gags, and smiles for adults and children a like. There's nothing like seeing a kid's face light up when they see an African elephant poking out of the jungle.

Theming
You are literally in the jungle. Plain and simple. Many of the plants that surround you are authentic, and do a perfect job of transporting you into the world of adventure. And the radio broadcast in the queue does a fantastic job of placing you in the 1930s.

Humor
Yes, there are some duds when it comes to the skips, but most of us are very funny, and very committed to our jobs. Give a skipper a happy, attentive audience and he or she will give them the ride of their life.

And there you go.

I like your explanation!

Thrill Seeker

Well, if you want to go really old school than you can say CoP because Walt designed it...

I'm going to go with Haunted Mansion because they took a really simplistic ride system and combined it with awesome special atmospheric effects to make an E-ticket ride that is always a treat, no matter how many times you've been on it. SSE is a close second for me.

Here's my Jungle Cruise defense.:lol:

Story
Whether people know it or not, the Jungle Cruise has a great story behind it. The Jungle Cruise Navigation Company is actually part of a larger transportation company that decided to start tours through the jungle after they opened up a railroad line in the area.* Unfortunately, the railroad workers they got to become boat skippers have no idea what they are doing in the jungle, nor do they no much about the plants and animals that populate it.

*The reason the railroad story is part of the ride, is the I've been told, originally, the second floor was to be a stop on the Walt Disney World Railroad. After plans were scrapped for that, they kept the story, because you can still hear the train's whistle as you cruise the rivers of adventure. Also, more recently, it is rumored that the owner of the company is none other than Merriweather Pleasure.

Queue
While it isn't the best queue in the world, JC's has some very nice details. You can see relics and souvenirs collected by the skippers and their crews on their expeditions, some of which are marked for transport to Mr. Pleasure's famous Adventurers Club. You also pass the JC Navigation Company's offices, along with some pretty nice gags.

We also have Mr. Albert Awol, "the voice of the jungle", broadcasting the hits that are rocking the 1930s, and some very interesting jokes.

Also, we get to make announcements over the queue's PA system, where some of our funnier skippers incite laughs from those in line.

Ride
There isn't a ride anywhere like the Jungle Cruise. The level of cast member to guest interaction is un paralleled. There's nothing like having a boat full of people laughing, and being able to interact with them, and have the guests interact back.

Our ride vehicles are incredibly themed, with our personal effects hanging on the side/back, and really look like a jungle vessel.

Our show scenes could use a little work right now, but they still deliver the great sight gags, and smiles for adults and children a like. There's nothing like seeing a kid's face light up when they see an African elephant poking out of the jungle.

Theming
You are literally in the jungle. Plain and simple. Many of the plants that surround you are authentic, and do a perfect job of transporting you into the world of adventure. And the radio broadcast in the queue does a fantastic job of placing you in the 1930s.

Humor
Yes, there are some duds when it comes to the skips, but most of us are very funny, and very committed to our jobs. Give a skipper a happy, attentive audience and he or she will give them the ride of their life.

And there you go.
So, do you think that's why the newer ride queues are getting a boost? There are some that are duds (BTMRR, SM, SSE) but there are some that are awesome (TT, EE, Soarin). I love how the newer attractions queues are more interactive or visually appealing.

dxwwf3

When I think of "originality" at the parks one thing obviously comes to my mind, but it's neighbor across the street would be a very close second. Although I do not dislike Monsters Inc Laugh Floor in the least, just thinking that 10 years ago we had two of the best attractions at WDW, IMO, right across the street from one another and now we have SGE and MILF.........man that hurts. Although I'll probably see MILF every 5 or 6 trips, now the entrance to Tomorrowland is just a passage way to see something else in the land for me.

protiius

in terms of originality HM has to be up there...also, turtle talk? never seen that kinda responsive technology before...

but unless i'm forgetting something really obvious i have never seen anything like kilimajaro safaris at any other theme park in the world! in terms of sheer size and immersion it's immense and (as far as i'm aware) original...

glendroid

aquatopia...

utter pointless, but utterly awesome!
gallery004.jpg

SeaBreeze

Based on originality, my vote goes to Haunted Mansion. Overall Imagineering, it's a tie for me between HM and Splash Mountain. Like someone else said, flume rides aren't very original but I think Splash is a great example of Imagineering at its best. Great story line, music, AAs, thrills... but in terms of originality, HM is tops :)

scheat

There's a big difference between best and most original. For most original I have to say POTC because it was one of the first dark rides-somebody had to come up with the dark ride idea first. Best currently is HM, hands down.

Best of all time is Horizons, just nudging HM.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Hall of Presidents. The stories of peoples reactions to the first viewings of the ABE AA, are mind blowing. As far as the hall of presidents, is there anything even remotely like it anywhere in the world?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom