What part of an attraction would you pick to get stuck at?

jlevis

Any of the "great view" spots. At the end of the climb on Everest, just before the drop on Splash or at the top of Tower with the doors open.

luv

I got stuck in front of the dining hall on HM once. It was great!

Another time, we rode Soarin right to the beginning of the last scene. It broke on Main St. They got it fixed and then we got another full ride. That was excellent, too.

ddrongowski

HM in the graveyard...so much to see that trying to take it all in while the ride is moving is impossible.

This actually did happen to us 2 times. We got stuck there and once you see all the things that aren't working it is sad. But it was awesome to see how the effects were done.

ddrongowski

Primeval Whirl...
Not that I chose it, but I would gladly do it again. Here is the story, I posted this in another thread, but it fits here also.

Imagine if you will a wet rainy, very rainy, extremely rainy Disney day. We had been at the resort 2 days already, and it had rained pretty much the entire time. The wife and I had paid for and brought some friends to Disney, and there had been a "not so fun moment"o_O. Well, the rain finally slowed and the wife and I got on the ride... alone.... Our spincar got taken to the top of the hill, we went around the first 90 degree corner, WHEEE! the second 180 degree corner, more WHEE! and then... WHAM!the ride stopped. Since there was horizon to horizon clouds the sun could not burn:cool:, the temperature was comfortable:D, there was a very nice breeze:), and then... the rain started:eek:... let’s just say we were not going to die of dehydration. No big deal, some alone time with my gorgeous wife;)... hey Disney BONUS! The CM's yelled up to us that they would be coming to get us out of the spincar, alright that sounds like a good idea. So we watched them walk up and then right when we thought they would reach us... PSYCH! They walked right past us, and went thru the maze of cat walks to let everyone else on the ride, off. About every 10 minutes they would yell to us, "We haven't forgotten about you". We had no concerns, after all we had each other;), and neither one of us could go anywhere, after all the restraint system of the spincar is inescapable, and would make any jailer proud. Also thirst was not a concern as we had captured at least 4 cups of rain water between our legs in our ponchos. We laughed, we talked, we got wetter... IT WAS AWESOME!!!! And then finally after what was 40 minutes, or longer... the man... the guy in the know... the dude with the ability for tame the restraints of our jail... NOPE:rolleyes:! sorry... wrong guy... he was just management:oops: ... came over and said "We haven't forgotten about you." He stood there and talked with us for about another 5 minutes, and then (caps for effect) THE MAN, THE GUY IN THE KNOW, THE DUDE WITH THE ABILITY TO TAME THE RESTRAINTS OF OUR JAIL!!!! Walked over, opened a panel and let us out. We offered him some cool refreshing rain water for his deed, but he said it was not necessary. The management CM led us down thru the maze of cat walks, always reminding us to hold onto the wet slippery hand rail, until we reached what was the end of our ordeal, of our spincar prison, our DAMN WE HAD A LOT OF FUN STUCK IN THAT SPINCAR TOGETHER!!!!:);):p... The CM gave us some fastpasses for anything that took fastpasses, and we went on our way. I will alway cherish that time with my wife!!!

DisneyAubs

okay, I know the view for TOT would be amazing....but i do not EVER want to be on that ride and have the think that it is broken! My mind would be freaking out so much about the ride being broken that I would never be able to enjoy the view!

I think I would like to get stuck somewhere on Haunted Mansion. There is so much hidden stuff to look for! Or Spaceship Earth is a nice one to get stuck on for a nap. (not to nap during the attraction, just while you're stuck!)

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
My favorite place to get stuck would be out on KS by the elephants. When the "ride" is in normal operation you hardly ever get enough time to see them.

swissamy

The flip side of this is the ride I would least like to be stuck on and it is a tie between Journey into Imagination (anywhere in the ride- that song makes me nuts) or in the Universe of Energy as I just feel so bored a lot of the time - and that musty dinosaur smell is icky!

Mr_Incredible

astro orbiters at the very top

people mover, facing the castle

pirates, right before the drop, cool breeze, the thunder storm with the skeleton etc

Dinosaur!

Khali River Rapids at top of water fall.....imagine the suspense!?!?

Scuttle

Original Poster
This actually did happen to us 2 times. We got stuck there and once you see all the things that aren't working it is sad. But it was awesome to see how the effects were done.

Can you remember what effects were broken? I know the scrim is pretty visible, but other than that I haven't noticed to many broken effects. Although when I rode Sunday night the popping ghosts behind the tombstones weren't working.

ddrongowski

Can you remember what effects were broken? I know the scrim is pretty visible, but other than that I haven't noticed to many broken effects. Although when I rode Sunday night the popping ghosts behind the tombstones weren't working.

You just named it, The popping ghosts... Only one was working... The other one that I noticed were farther back on the left closer to the exit, they appear that they should move, but where not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom