What new World Showcase Countries Would You Like to See

red345

Original Poster
Disney has not put any new world showcase countries in since the late 80's. Personally I would like to see either a South American pavilion or another Middle Eastern one. Of course some people would probably not like the Middle Eastern idea because of all the wars there. Anyway not talking politics so don't post any political stuff. Post your ideas of the WSC. I've heard that they were working with the Chinese govt to open another country, but that was rumor from what i heard. They were also talking about Brazil but not sure.

TOP CHOICES SO FAR:
1) Brazil
2) Greece
3) Russia
4) Switzerland
5) Egypt
6) Ireland

wannab@dis

First off, welcome to the boards.

I've noticed that you have posted several questions lately about the parks. Try to post the questions in the correct forum so you will get better responses. This question (like some of the others) is more "Discussion" than "News & Rumor".

bomafrunch

1. South Africa. With Cape Town, Johannesburg, Kruger National Park, etc. there are many possible ideas for this country.

2. No new country. Just new attractions at each country.

3. Switzerland. I'd love to ride the Matterhorn one day...

4. Brazil. Walt spent time in South America so I think it deserves a representative. Amazon River Cruise would be a nice boat ride.

5. Australia or New Zealand. Oceana is not represented at all, and Australia is pretty.

Of course, there is room for like, eight more countries at WS, so why not just take a bunch of ideas?

Brooke

I would like them to build new attractions in the countries they already have instead of adding new countries. But I think Australia, Switzerland, and Greece could be cool. I would say Africa too but they already have Africa represented at Animal Kingdom.

tazhughes

My personal opinion is that any country represented needs to have 2 things:
1. Distinctive Architectural styles, &
2. Distinctive food options.

With that in mind the 4 pavilions that I would like to see next are:

1. Greece- this provides for wonderful architure, great ride possibility with a tie in (Hercules ascent to Mt. Olympus- a dark boat ride through the highlights of the movie), and a really good and popular food option for either counter service (Gyro stand with outdoor seating) or sit down.
2. Egypt- I envision a Sphynx pavilion that you would enter into and there are great ride options with this (a cruise down the nile or a thrill ride themed around archaeology-this would have to be different then the Mummy ride in Universal, but I'm sure they can come up with something), the food is not that different from Morrocco (to the average person please don't attack em to explain the differences), but the atmosphere could be excellent.
3. India- this could provide very different architecture and the food would be distinctive. For this I'm not sure what the ride options should be, but they pay Imagineers for that. Plus with Disney attempting to get into India to build a park this could be very easily accomplished for negotiating the contract, because they could have theri tourism office helping to book trips to Disney-New Delhi.
4. Russia- beautiful architecture and some interesting ride possibilities (Trans Siberian express anyone?)

I just wish they'd build something soon.

stitchcastle

8 more countries eh?

Switzerland - the WDW MAtterhorn has long been overdue

Russia - that red square and that cathedral would look mighty pretty among all those other pavillions

Africa - I heard they already planned it, why let those designs go to waste

India - India has some of the best looking architecture in the world

Egypt - I wanna see Pyramids...

Australia - Oceania needs to be represented and I'll be dammed if I don't see that lovely Opera House on World Showcase..

Puerto Rico - I heard they made a really really beautiful showcase for this country

Thailand - Thai architecture is unique and majestic I wanna see this be part of WS.

se8472

There is a middle east country represented? Am I missing something?

Also africa is not a country....that is like me saying I want a european country added.

sorry for the rant, but that is the geo in me.

anywho, I am all for greece, India, and maybe brazil.

Ms Brer Rabbit

I agree with all your suggestions..our family has had this discussion many times and planned them all down to every detail...Beach Club Villas..August 2005..can't wait.

napnet

Brazil would be great with maybe like an Amazon river ride? Egypt or Israel would be nice as well with alot of potential history. Austraila is really lacking though.

TTATraveler

Before adding any new countries, I would like too see the updates to the existing attractions. Canada needs a new film or attraction. I would like to see a ride added to Japan and Italy. A rollercoaster or water ride would work nicely in Japan, and perhaps a gondola style ride for Italy.

After improving the current countries, then my choice would be to add Greece. I think a lot could be done with a Greece pavillion. I think the area where the International Gateway is could be utilized for a new Greece pavillion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom