What new World Showcase Countries Would You Like to See

Pippa

Ringo8n24 said:
I would like to see Russia or Greece added. More than anything, I would like to see United Kingdom revamped. It seems so small and limited compared to the others and what they offer. To me it does not even touch on what the United Kingdom is really like. They leave out so much.

Thank you!!! Although there are parts of the UK that resemble the Epcot Pavillion, there is nothing there about our history of royal family, shakespeare, king arthur, robin hood, james bond, i could go on and on. I would like to see a show/film/dark ride about the royals.

Morwen

Pippa said:
Thank you!!! Although there are parts of the UK that resemble the Epcot Pavillion, there is nothing there about our history of royal family, shakespeare, king arthur, robin hood, james bond, i could go on and on. I would like to see a show/film/dark ride about the royals.

I think that would be an amazing dark ride! It could even encompass some of the literary (ie Shakespeare, Chaucer) and legendary history...

KaliSplash

Had to scroll through all 60 or so entries to make sure I hadn't already commented on this one. (I know a similar thread was around not too long ago)

But that's okay, I like to talk about this subject.

First, lets do the easy ones they already have ideas for. Equitorial Africa is on the original EPCOT Center souviner maps.
They announced a Swiss pavilion about 10 years ago, with the Matterhorn the expected attraction.
I think they have or planned a Russian pavilion at Paris, using a 360 film.

Then there are the original plans for attractions at existing countries, the German river ride (building's already there.) A COP-style attraction in Japan.
They could have put Aladdin's Magic Carpets in Morocco rather than plopping it in the middle of Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom. I know it's a dippy ride, but it would give kids something to do besides make masks out of fans at every Kidcot stop.
Would love to see some sort of Shakespeare in England and I'm sure we could think of something for Itlay.

amfail20

TTATraveler said:
Before adding any new countries, I would like too see the updates to the existing attractions. Canada needs a new film or attraction. I would like to see a ride added to Japan and Italy. A rollercoaster or water ride would work nicely in Japan, and perhaps a gondola style ride for Italy.

After improving the current countries, then my choice would be to add Greece. I think a lot could be done with a Greece pavillion. I think the area where the International Gateway is could be utilized for a new Greece pavillion.

I totally agree!!! After working at EPCOT and mainly in WS, i think that more needs to be done back there.. Ya there are movies and a few rides... but thats about it! I like the idea of a Canada ride, more needs to be drawn over towards the west side of WS. Japan would be kool to have a sorta Rio de Tempo (Mexico) Style thing.
Greece all the way... Architecture would be great... some ruins... face characters (not really Disney just ancient peoples)... mythology...

eddiemcgarrigle

Scotland

For far too long, my little country has been lumped in with England and had the unforunate indignity to be represented by a nothing but a Pringle shop, which isn't even there now (at least it wasn't there last year). Let's face it, Great Britain should be renamed England as that is the only country that is represented by the set-up at Epcot. Disney seem to have forgotten all about Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

So what can my little country offer -

3,000 years of history
Stunning scenery
Stunning architecture (Edinburgh Castle anyone? Or how about the Forth Rail Bridge?)
Some of the greatest inventors this world has ever seen.
An extremely varied choice of food and drink

And wouldn't the girls like to see the Disney cast members in kilts? I'm hoping for tartan mini skirts on the female cast members. :slurp:

Eddie :)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
eddiemcgarrigle said:

And dont forget our contribution in creating what has become the US.

We could have a Nessie based dark ride, the food stalls could carry deep fried Mars Bars and deep fried pizza for that authentic coronary. And as for the choice of bevvy........

Failing that Id Go for South Africa, Gold Mine dark ride, possibly featuring the seven dwarves

dtd2

i would like Greece and Audtrailia . with Egypt people could say Morocco is like the same and Russia could work ,but greece and Austrailia offers more for a disney theme .l

stitchcastle

I think WS should,as mucha s possible strive to be authentic and stay as far away from "Disney" as possible..... just my thoughts...

Pippa

As Scotland and Ireland have been mentioned maybe they could expand the UK area for that, since we are told there is plenty of land around there?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Do we realy need new countries? wouldnt it be better to put proper attractions into the existing lands?

Or better still do both!!!!!

ImaginerFigment

Here's what I thik:

Sweden let the Swiss coaster makers make a roller coaster and the Imagineer's work out a story but no Matterhorn we need to stop cloning ride from other parks
Greece they could make Mt.Olypus or even have the show based on Herculus from The Disney Cruise in a theater
Australia They could create a dark ride based off of the Rescuer's Down under
or a lay down coaster where you ride the eagle from the movie
Russia to turbelent a history in modern times like 20 years back
Africa let it stay in AK
Thailand ,India create a ride based on the religion Buddism

Epcot82Guy

I really appreciate everyone's ideas, and this is not meant against anyone personally. However, I really think we need to KEEP THE DARN CHARACTES OUT OF EPCOT! I just think we have these amazing cultures with amazing histories, and we don't have to DIsney-fy (as someone else here said) the countries' displays. I know the "kids have nothing to do" argument stands, but that can be done with atractions and rides about the countries themselves.

I personally would love to see Brazil, India, or Spain. Australia and Africa would be great, but I agree that DAK is a better place because they have more room.

Just my $0.02.

AHoyt

First, if work in WS is to be done it needs to expand current countries. While I love WS, it is mostly a large mall themed to different countries.

If you want to consider possible new countries...

Here are areas that are not represented that come to mind:

southeast asia
south america
central america
west indies
middle east
all africa beyond the northern region
eastern europe
central asia

I think there are plenty of western European countries already represented. Maybe it's time to expand world showcase to include the world. Or maybe not.

daveemtdave

I think they should add Egypt, Russia, Greece, India, Easter Island or Argentina.

They all seem pretty mystrious. Plus then they could have a new tour called they seven wonders of the world.

NTI2002

I know it's been said over and over for years and years, but I would absolutely love it if they put Russia in the world showcase.

I spent two weeks studying at the Moscow Art theater, and it was amazing. And since I will probably never be returning to Moscow anytime in the future lol Epcot would be the next best thing for me. (as long as they have pleanty of vodka)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom