What new World Showcase Countries Would You Like to See

stitchcastle

Anything concerning the Amazon river/jungle should be in the Animal Kingdom.

Australia could go either way as long as nothing advanced/man-made shows up in AK's Australia section.

It wouldn't be Africa overkill if the WS Africa would focus on the people instead of the animals, Africa has great music that deserves to be showcased in WS.

If I were to "add" to the current countries here is what I'd do (Imade a thread over at the Imagineer boards about this :D):

Neuschwannstein Castle - At Germany.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/stitchcastle/germanyepcot.jpg

Mt. Fuji at Japan - I know of the religious implications of this name but I really want WS to pay tribute to this landmark. plus it would make a really great effect for an extended Illuminations if there were 2 mountains in WS (Fuji and Matterhorn) http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/stitchcastle/ROE2.jpg

The Moulin Rouge at France - Obviously, a toned-down family version with people doing the can can

Magic Lamp Theater at Morroco - Imported from TDS

matt88mph

Let's see:

Greece- Just think of the food-related possibilites. Plus, an ancient Greek dark ride would be cool.

Egypt- I'm thinking mummy-related dark ride. (Possibly on a humerous idea)

Brazil- Just think, Carnivale makes its way to Epcot!

Austrailia- Perhaps a more extreme ride is suitable for this country.

Jamaica- No rides here, just good food, good music, and good times.

Switzerland- Cool architecture.

Russia- More cool architecture.

and the number 8 spot goes to:

Spain- C'mon. Epcot was planning this one from the beginning.

Honerable Mentions: Israel, Puerto Rico, Sweden, India.

Captain Chaos

1. How about for Brazil a roller coaster through a rain forest?

2. Add the original attraction for Germany, an indoor dark ride on the Rhine River.

3. For Egypt, a dark ride through the pyramids.. May not want to add the mummy effect because then it would look like a copy of Universal's ride. but a dark ride on the history of the pyramids would suffice.

4. Greece: Love the idea of a dark ride on the history of Greece, especially a section devoted to the original Olympic games.

5. Canada does need an attraction. I still like the idea of a river ride down the Canadian mountains.

Some other ideas for you all to ponder.

Lauriebar

se8472 said:
There is a middle east country represented? Am I missing something?

I would assume the poster is considering Morocco a middle eastern country even though it is in Northeastern Africa.

P.o.l. M 6

The only two countries I would think of adding to World Showcase would be Spain and Russia.

Spain: The Spanish culture is very cool and would be a fun place to relax . But if they did Spain, would another castle be in store for us? Spanish and German castles are not very different from eachother. Besides that, Spain would be a very nice addition that I would see coming in the future.

Russia: I realy don't have a comment on Russia, but with its rich architecture it would be a great addition.

P.o.l. M 6

The only two countries I would think of adding to World Showcase would be Spain and Russia.

Spain: The Spanish culture is very cool and would be a fun place to relax . But if they did Spain, would another castle be in store for us? Spanish and German castles are not very different from eachother. Besides that, Spain would be a very nice addition that I would see coming in the future.

Russia: I realy don't have a comment on Russia, but with its rich architecture it would be a great addition.

PirateStagehand

I would love to see Russia. The architecture alone would be worth it. Also Australia would be great. The could do something with a wildlife/safari theme. Even one of the 360 movies. Egypt would allow for a great pyramid ride. Maybe even something regarding the religous rights...ie mummies/the passing over/tomb kinda thing. A Caribbean area would be great. Explore the island culture more. The music alone would be worth the effort.

Captain Chaos

Ok maybe not a roller coaster for Brazil and the rain forest.. Then a simple boat ride or another ride where you are carried on a track, but through a replica rain forest..

Wannabe Walt

My ideas:

1. Greece
2. Switzerland
3. Russia
4. Puerto Rico
5. Spain
6. Australia
7. Costa Rica
8. Israel

Also, South Africa is kindof represented (indirectly). The Outpost is kindof a South African theme.

I

I,Walt

New Countries

red345 said:
Disney has not put any new world showcase countries in since the late 80's. Personally I would like to see either a South American pavilion or another Middle Eastern one. Of course some people would probably not like the Middle Eastern idea because of all the wars there. Anyway not talking politics so don't post any political stuff. Post your ideas of the WSC. I've heard that they were working with the Chinese govt to open another country, but that was rumor from what i heard. They were also talking about Brazil but not sure.

TOP CHOICES SO FAR:
1) Brazil
2) Greece
3) Russia
4) Switzerland
5) Egypt
Egypt
Russia
Switzerland
spain

Morwen

I think that Greece would be beautiful... plus, it would definitely be another great food stop! Also, Brazil would have a lot to offer - from the Amazon to Carnivale... :D

dylan0511, I would also LOVE to see Ireland but, unfortunately, it's probably too similar to England...

As I see it, they could add at least two more countries: one where the "outpost" is (and where Africa was planned to be I believe) and one where the now defunct Millenium Village sits. I'm a fan of Brazil and Austria for these two spaces. I have to say though, I'd really like to see them spend the money on some attractions for the existing pavillions. The movies are ok, but it's not like a ride...you do a movie once...that's enough. IMO A ride provides different and new sensations with every time. I'm not sure where it stands now, but that's why I'm pulling for a canada attraction soon.

Badger Brent

1. Australia- The diversity of the people and the landscape. Some interesting food options.

2. Chile- The Andes mountains and ethnic region and history.

3. Spain- Seems like it should already be there for some reason.

4. I would love to see what country would be willing to fork over the money to sponsor a site on the world showcase. An argument could be made for a lot of countries, but which ones want to pay for it?

I think they have expansion for at least 6 or so more countries. Take a look at the space between Morocco and Japan. Also between Germany and the Outpost. I hope whatever country does come forward they put a little thought on a ride and themeing and food.

DisneyFreak529

Antartica would be soo cool, they could make it in a building that is cooler inside like the Artic! This way guest can cool off from the Florida heat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom