What new World Showcase Countries Would You Like to See

Magicot

Contrary to popular belief, Morocco is not a middle Eastern country, it's on the north western shore of Africa (right below Spain). Sorry to burst any bubbles.

StitchRox

I would love to see Jamaica or some other island nation. To think we could even have a Cool Runnings ride with the Jamaican bobsled team!

Pongo

If some South American country were represented, I think it would be a really killer idea if some of the islands (or some other islands that could be built) in the World Showcase Lagoon were turned into the "Galapagos Islands." It could be made so that the oly way to reach them would be by a special boat, and obviously only a certain number of people would be able to go at once because the islands would be fairly small. It would almost be like a ride. Only it would have swimming lizards.

se8472

Magicot said:
Contrary to popular belief, Morocco is not a middle Eastern country, it's on the north western shore of Africa (right below Spain). Sorry to burst any bubbles.

am glad some someone pointed that out, it has come to my attention that some people believe that Africa is a country and not a continent. To this I am just in :eek: shock

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
To be fair South Africa is a country, perhaps thats where the confusion starts?....
Not quite sure how you could portray them in a Disney Showcase, all quite similar, perhaps its my lack of knowledge of the region, but apart from mineral resources, farming, civil wars and famine nothing springs to mind. No land marks or something that immediately differentiates one land from another, at a level the average guest could immediately connect with.
I think it would be wrong to have characterisations of Zulu warriors etc. However the food and drink would be interesting, but cant help but think this would be far better represented at Animal Kingdom

eddiemcgarrigle

Pumbas Nakasak said:
deep fried Mars Bars and deep fried pizza
:hurl:

I was thinking more along the lines of seafood (salmon, cod, shellfish), meat (aberdeen angus and scottish lamb), desserts (shortbread, caramel, strawberries) and drink (whiskey, irn bru). Actually, Irn Bru does deserve more of a mention as Scotland is the only country in the world that produces a soft drink that outsells coca-cola (in Scotland at least).

Eddie :p

aklodge

eddiemcgarrigle said:
:hurl:

I was thinking more along the lines of seafood (salmon, cod, shellfish), meat (aberdeen angus and scottish lamb), desserts (shortbread, caramel, strawberries) and drink (whiskey, irn bru). Actually, Irn Bru does deserve more of a mention as Scotland is the only country in the world that produces a soft drink that outsells coca-cola (in Scotland at least).

Eddie :p
I think he was kidding about the deep fried mars bars and deep fried pizza.... :p

Pumbas Nakasak

aklodge said:
I think he was kidding about the deep fried mars bars and deep fried pizza.... :p

Youve obviously never experienced the delights of central Scotland cookery.

If it can be cooked it can be deep fried.

Pumbas Nakasak

Pippa said:
Someone gave me a neg rep point for that!!

Dont worry about it, I get them regularly, usually from people Ive never seen many posts from.

Its obviously to make up for something :animwink:

disneysailor

eddiemcgarrigle said:
Scotland

For far too long, my little country has been lumped in with England and had the unforunate indignity to be represented by a nothing but a Pringle shop, which isn't even there now (at least it wasn't there last year). Let's face it, Great Britain should be renamed England as that is the only country that is represented by the set-up at Epcot. Disney seem to have forgotten all about Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

So what can my little country offer -

3,000 years of history
Stunning scenery
Stunning architecture (Edinburgh Castle anyone? Or how about the Forth Rail Bridge?)
Some of the greatest inventors this world has ever seen.
An extremely varied choice of food and drink

And wouldn't the girls like to see the Disney cast members in kilts? I'm hoping for tartan mini skirts on the female cast members. :slurp:

Eddie :)

Scotland would have been more prominently featured, but no-one in Scotland was prepared to pay for it! Even Pringle withdrew their sponsorship.

Anyway, efforts are made to ensure that the UK Pavillion does reflect the whole country. Cast Members are recruited from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, the shops sell Irish, Welsh and Scottish merchandise and the Rose and Crown has a representative selection of beers.

Plus, the pavillion has generic British architecture and does not feature anything predominantly English (like Big Ben or Tower Bridge). Yes, there is Hampton Court Palace, but not many people know what or where this is.

FYI- Disney do keep a couple of Scottish costumes in stock for special occasions! A friend of mine used to wear her kilt with great pride!

Pumbas Nakasak

disneysailor said:
Scotland would have been more prominently featured, but no-one in Scotland was prepared to pay for it! !

What?? Are you saying the Scots are tight! A disgraceful stereotype :animwink:

No wonder Pringles withdrew sponsorship they almost went bust a couple of years ago.

We dont all wear kilts and hunt haggis :drevil:

CaliSurfer182

I would love to see Ireland in the world showcase, even though I don't think they will ever add it. I am sure they think it is already represented in the UK via Northern Ireland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom