What new retail and dining locations would you like to see added to DTD?

luv

Well, I just don't think any of those "ordinary" restaurants should be in DISNEY.:(
But, I like Margaritaville or Cheeseburger in Paradise ( sadly the one in York, Pa. closed). Yes. I'm a Jimmy Buffet fan.;)
I'm a fan, too. And I like Margaritaville. :)

I don't know if you know, but there is a Margaritaville at Uni. Short drive from Disney. You probably knew this, though.

bethymouse

I'm a fan, too. And I like Margaritaville. :)

I don't know if you know, but there is a Margaritaville at Uni. Short drive from Disney. You probably knew this, though.
Yep. Been there !:) I guess it's not really family friendly enough? Hard Rock Cafe too!;) wow- starting to sound like Myrtle Beach, SC!:eek::D

Prince-1

Sorry I'd much rather see original stores or smaller more ecletic stores and restaurants than your typical mall stores. I know the big name places will get more attention but if every mall has a Sephora or a Cheescake Factory then being at DTD, no matter how nice they make it, isn't that special. Just my 2 cents.

Prince-1

I'd love to see amazingly themed restaurants again rather than chain places where we can go visit on I-Drive. Now number one priority for me is that the food needs to be great. Theming will only take u so far.

Now I know this is a touchy topic but having an Adventure's Club style place but with a full sit down restauarnt and menu would be awesome. I tend to lean towards trying new places then going to chain restaurants when on vacation.

rsoxguy

Sorry I'd much rather see original stores or smaller more ecletic stores and restaurants than your typical mall stores. I know the big name places will get more attention but if every mall has a Sephora or a Cheescake Factory then being at DTD, no matter how nice they make it, isn't that special. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed. There is already enough homogenization at WDW. I would like to see some more unique stores, products, and restaurants.

star77kc

I definitely agree. When I go to Disney, Downtown Disney included, I want my experience to be unique. If I wanted to shop at Sephora and eat at the Cheesecake Factory, I would just stay home. No offense. I think the variety of shopping is already pretty good. I would like to see more family friendly restaurants with GOOD food. I love the Haunted Mansion idea. That would be awesome. Besides restaurants, I think another entertainment venue like Cirque de Soliel is in order. The show is great, but we need more choices. Maybe a theater that shows different Disney Broadway Shows like The Lion King & Mary Poppins? That's my two cents ;)

Prince-1

See i think that the Be Our Guest restaurant has amazing theming (we dont like the food :oops:) and is a great example of something I'd love to see at DTD. Totally original and would be a cash cow. Now I do love all the shops and restaurants that have been listed above but if I can drive and visit those same shops at home I'd find it boring going to them at DTD.

And yes I know that most of the malls have Disney Stores but the World of Disney is like those stores... but on Mickey steroids!! Hey i can be hypocritical on my post if i want to be. :p

Cmdr_Crimson

Cheesecake Factory, i think they used to have a smaller version of one, but it doesn't work well that way, they need a full scale version, but I don't think David Overton would ever do it.

It was in DisneyQuest..It had Food items from their restaurant and the pizza was really good...It left in 2008 and was taken over by Disney food services...

Gonzo79

Well, I just don't think any of those "ordinary" restaurants should be in DISNEY.:(
But, I like Margaritaville or Cheeseburger in Paradise ( sadly the one in York, Pa. closed). Yes. I'm a Jimmy Buffet fan.;)
I'm a big Jimmy Buffett fan too. Disney actually wanted and tried to get a Margaritaville in DTD/Pleasure Island in the 90s,but sadly, Jimmy didn't want anything to do with it. He just didn't want Maragitaville to be associated with Disney. Would of been awesome if it was in DTD. I love the one at City Walk though and I guess its probably a better fit having it there.

TinkerBelle8878

I know that Sephora is at the 'Downtown' Disney at Disneyland. Or at least it was when I was there in 2002. They also had a Build a Bear which I found odd. Just from the merchandising standpoint.

I wouldn't mind Sephora at DTD. It might be helpful for stuff left at home. Or a small CVS drugstore type of store for that stuff. At normal prices not Disney prices.

Maybe stores more in line with the Lego store with all the statues outside? Something that also adds to the landscape visually and is special.

It would be cool if they had some kind of 'Retro' Disney store/Adventurer's Club store/restuarant. All the shirts and merchandise that's based on the old stuff in one place. Throw in a few old props from old rides on the walls.

Overall, I haven't been impressed with Disney's merchandise for years, so any store that would have just more of the same is just meh for me. And Trend-D? When they have bags there that are sold in my local Marshall's for a 1/4 of the price (Disney licensed out or collab with LoopNYC), a year previously, I just wonder who is in charge of stocking these stores.

luv

I agree with the sentiments of not wanting chain stuff (except Chi-Chis, lol). Also don't want more merchandise of poor quality. We have enough over-priced, poor quality Disney merchandise at WDW.

And that is why, for the life of me, I can't think of anything I do want to see at DTD. Ask for more shopping, we get more junk.

Maybe some decent themed restaurants.

Or MAYBE one...just ONE restaurant that isn't loud and noisy, doesn't have tables crammed in so close you can hear the conversation at the next table, just a nice, relaxing meal where you don't have to get dressed up and that isn't all creative cuisine. Just good food in a relaxing atmosphere. I realize that will never, ever happen, but it would be nice.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
For food: Cheesecake Factory (been saying they need this for years), La Brea Bakery or Boudin Bakery (something that specializes in sourdough :p ), Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q, Grimaldi's Pizzeria, and a Starbucks. Some sort of diner-like place, original or not (Ruby's Diner is a great choice!), would also be nice.

And stores: Apple, Macy's, Build-a-Bear, and a few clothing stores (American Eagle and the like) would be cool!

DisneyGuyNYC

Maybe this is my NYC snobbishness but I'd like to see some more individual and independent stores. More stuff you can't get anywhere else. More little experiences you can't find anywhere else. It makes shopping a discovery and gives you a reason to enter stores you never would have... just to see what they have.

Example: I'm THRILLED they've opened an Earl of Sandwich here in Manhattan but I sort of think it takes the specialness away when I go in DTD.

Maybe I'm just bitter that so many shops in all of WDW sell the same 30 things.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Maybe this is my NYC snobbishness but I'd like to see some more individual and independent stores. More stuff you can't get anywhere else. More little experiences you can't find anywhere else. It makes shopping a discovery and gives you a reason to enter stores you never would have... just to see what they have.

Example: I'm THRILLED they've opened an Earl of Sandwich here in Manhattan but I sort of think it takes the specialness away when I go in DTD.

Maybe I'm just bitter that so many shops in all of WDW sell the same 30 things.
You have definitely hit a nerve there.

The only way to get new and exciting merchandise is to invite third party vendors, because the number crunchers at TDO have discovered the fact that our brains are only capable of shopping between 30 separate items on any given vacation.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Original Poster
I would love to see up and coming chefs and imagineers create pure Disney originals- like it used to be. NO CHAINS! And merch you can only find at certain stores/venues.
I certainly don't think it should all be chains and overall I'd prefer that if they were chains to be smaller less common ones. But in my opinion, with the current corporate mindset, the only way we're going to see anything of quality or substance added is if it comes from 3rd party operators. For whatever reason, be it money, lack of creativity or lack of any kind of confidence in their clientele Disney just don't seem to be willing or able to push the boat out these days and create dining or retail with any kind of quality or variety (with few exceptions like Sanaa)

danpam1024

I certainly don't think it should all be chains and overall I'd prefer that if they were chains to be smaller less common ones. But in my opinion, with the current corporate mindset, the only way we're going to see anything of quality or substance added is if it comes from 3rd party operators. For whatever reason, be it money, lack of creativity or lack of any kind of confidence in their clientele Disney just don't seem to be willing or able to push the boat out these days and create dining or retail with any kind of quality or variety (with few exceptions like Sanaa)
That's really unfortunate :( but true

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'd love to see a Gordon Ramsay resturant open at Disney anywhere. Unfortunately, his reputation for using bad language would likely prevent a Ramsay/Disney pairing. I doubt he 'd want to be associated with a theme park destination anyway. I dined at one of his gastro pubs in London and the food and service were both heads and tails above any Disney signature resturant I've been to. I can only imagine how fantastic his Michelin star restaurants are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom