What New Country?

Which country would you like to see in the WS?

• Egypt

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • Russia

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Brazil

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • India

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Australia

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Greece

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Spain

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

CaptainMichael

I voted for Egypt.(Ancient Egypt is just so cool!) I think that the pavillion would be a gigantic pyramid and maybe a sphinx. The pavillion would of course contain a restaurant and a dark ride through a pyramid(w/ mummies and treasure inside of course)

SirNim

I think there are too many pyramids in Epcot already... :lol:

India (and the rest of south east Asia) is a no-go because of the similarities in theming with Anadapur in AK.

I say Russia or Greece, because of each's fantastic and unique architecture and cultures...

disneytati

Vernonpush said:
I voted for Greece. It would be a pavillion based on the ancient ruins, with a 3-D movie of the past and present history and customs of Greece. Of course, it would have to have a great Greek restaurant, mmmmm..... :slurp: spanikopita. There would also be the usual character tie-in with Hercules. :lol:

Me too!!! I would love to visit Greece, and in WDW, it would be even better! I didn't vote for Brazil, I wouldn't like to see it represented. Not only because I am sick and tired of it (you all know that, right? :hammer: ), but also because it wouldn't be represented correctly. What would you put there? Rainforest, naked women and carnival? :lol:

PS: What is "spanikopita"?

MKCP 1985

Any of those listed could be great if the people of the host country got behind the pavilion concept and sent energetic workers to represent their countries and the imagineers were let loose to make the best of the country's major attractions.

I voted for Russia because of the thought of a replica of Red Square added to the EPCOT architecture, and because there would be no duplication from what currently exists in other parks.

Truly, I'd like to see a Caribbean Country host, with a build out of relaxing sands, smooth rums, maybe some possibility of a pavilion attraction that brings back the Sea Cabs of the Living Seas, going through a reef, as part of a larger pavilion. I'm envisioning a Reggae music ampitheater on a white sand beach overlooking the lake and a restaurant serving up some jerk spice chicken. I'm thinking of Costa Rica, Jamaica or any of the St. Something Virgin Islands.

Well, that thought is as good as any to wrap up a week in the salt mines. Happy weekend, everybody!

barnum42

disneytati said:
I didn't vote for Brazil.......because it wouldn't be represented correctly. What would you put there? Rainforest, naked women and carnival? :lol:
*In best Kuzco voice*
And that would be...................bad?

You've sold me on the idea :lol:

stuart

Of course if there is a lot of interest from new countries and also from guests and Disney cannot decide what country the next pavillion is then bring back good ol' millenium village...ahh the memories of crazy golf...the predictable brazil football (or for the majority of you - soccer) and sweden which i thought was the best...after bonnie Scotland of course :p. Though its not the best attraction though for those wearing skirts.

Foolish Mortal

Russia. For most of the reasons that have already been mentioned. But just think of all the possible Kournikova look alike's working there. Squeeze it in back of Norway and i'd never get past those 2 countries. Hhhhmmmm that vodka tasting idea sounds pretty good also !!!!

Pirate Pixie

All of these options would be great. But my personal pick would be Egypt. The pyramids, the sphinx, an archeological dig, a mummy,s tomb, The possibilities are endless. I think Australia, and maybe even Brazil, would be cool in AK.

Chape19714

i said egypt due to the fact that both culturely (sp) and thrill ride wise, it has endless possibliities. I would rather see Australia in Animal Kingdom, due to the wide range of animals that live on the continent.

Just to point out: Ireland would be a very good choice due to the many americans who have irish heritage. It also has possibilities.

i started a thread with some info on some of the choices find it by clciking -----------here-----------

PeeplMoovr

PeeplMoovr said:
On a less serious side:
A new attraction could be the Vodkanator, where guests are put in a room and spun until dizzy, making them feel like they've just downed a fifth of Russian vodka.

:hurl:

Vodka tastings/samplings could follow.

:hurl: :hurl:

On second thought, they already have a ride like this. It's called Mission:Space.

Long live Horizons!

Sorry. Carry on. :)

KaliSplash

I voted for Russia. Why, because as I understand it, they could do it almost immediately. I think they have a Russian pavlion at DP, so it would be a simple matter to clone.
I know many of you hate clones, but my chances of seeing other parks are slim, so I'm ready for all the clones we can fit in, as long as they don't replace our good stuff.
And yes, I understand the Russian pavilion features a 360 movie, of which there are already 2 and 5/9 at WS, but any new country would be better than none, especially if it had an honest to goodness attraction, even another 360 movie.
At times, I've heard proposals for pavilions for Spain, Israel, Switzerland, and of course the Equitorial Africa that came on the original park map. I'd love to see them all.
While we're in World Showcase, let's do the originally planned German Rivers attraction, the COP-type theater show proposed for Japan and come up with something for Italy, Morroco and the U.K.

diddy_mouse

oops...i forgot to explain what i voted for..

i chose Greece, because, like someone else had mentioned, the "Hercules" characters would have a home in Epcot. also, there could be great places for food which expands the cultural cuisine even more. i for one have not tried Greek food but if i saw at Epcot it would definitely peek my interest. also, there could be something animated (possibly) or a film/show depicting Greek history (the gods/goddesses, etc.)

MissM

yensidtlaw1969 said:
Yor house is modeled after the Parthenon? AWESOME!!!
Thankfully no, but I'm sure one of my Great Aunts does! *laughs* There's a whole greek side to my family - and they're nuts! :)
-m

Pippa

I voted for Greece, but then anyone who knows me on the boards might remember I teach Classical Greek dance and adore anything to do with Greece. I think the pavillion should start as modern Greece and as you walk further into it, it becomes the ancient Greece. Its a choice that would be fascinating as our modern civilisation is based on theirs.

JasonCajun

I voted Russian, simply because of the Cold War we have not been able to experience anything of their culture.

But now that I think about it, Egypt and Greece have the most potential. I would love to go back to Ancient Greece with a Parthenon like it was then, not the ruins that they are now. So much potential for a ride, for a mini museum, for restaraunts, it would be amazing.

GoofyFan1

I voted for Russia, but would also like to see Egypt put in WS.

In Russia you could have Catherine's Palace, St. Basil's Cathedral (very colorful), the Kremlin, as well as the Ural Mts. and Siberia.

In Egypt, you could have another pyramid (Mexico) that could contain archeological activities, a Nile ride through the history of Egypt, and you can cross the Suez Canal into the next country.

cherrynegra

I voted for India. I think having a replica of the Taj Mahal in the showcase lineup would be a beautiful addition. Can you imagine at dusk walking into the Indian pavillion and seeing the Taj Mahal lit up? I think if done right it could be a truly romantic spot.

Attachments

• taj-mahal-evening.jpg
    taj-mahal-evening.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 65

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom