What New Country?

Which country would you like to see in the WS?

• Egypt

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • Russia

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Brazil

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • India

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Australia

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Greece

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Spain

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

Kwit35

I think any new country would be great.
Egypt - Gotta have a sphinx. So many dark ride options.
Russia - Great architecture posibilities.
Australia - So much culture to choose from.
Greece - Food, Food, Food. Mythology. History. Philosophy.

WDWScottieBoy

SirNim said:
I think there are too many pyramids in Epcot already... :lol:

I was thinking that too SirNim. I was reading my new Disney Trivia book and it asked how many pyramids there are around WDW. After thinking about it, you've got Mexico, JIYI, UoE (at least I think there is a pyramid there somewhere) all haev pyramids. If they were to build Egypt, I'm sure they would not only build one pyramid, but have to build all three. So to Egypt I say NO. I say, again, do something that was put into a concept...SWITZERLAND!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Just not Brazil

disneysailor said:
I'd vote for Greece, India or Russia as they would bring something new to World Showcase. Egypt would be very similar (in terms of architecture and modern culture) to Morocco. Brazil and Australia would be better suited in Animal Kingdom. Spain wouldn't be significantly different from Mexico.

In any case, I think people would be happy to see anything new in World Showcase, no matter what the country was! (Although I can't imagine a Belgian Pavillion to be very exciting! :lol: )

I very much agree with disneysailor as those countries would provide a truly unique architectural (and cultural) quality to what is already present. Egypt would have to be put between France and UK to separate from Morocco and Mexico.

The obvious choice for Egypt would be a mummy type ride which would just be too close to Universal, no matter what the format (dark, thrill, water).

Russia could be a sleigh type ride, not as intense as bobsled, and the easiest in my mind would be Greece for architecture, food and a ride either a Hercules dark ride or a mythology dark/thrill ride, Troy, Jason...

Australia would be OK, I love the country, but how to make that distinctive from others would be tough...most likely represent it at AK.

India is kind of represented in AK, but it could be greatly expanded in architecture and food offerings.

I also think Turkey would provide a lot of uniqueness. Switzerland and Austria share a lot in a general sense with Germany...or more appropriately the Bavarian Germany represented and pictured by many Americans. Thailand also is interesting.

Israel could be very interesting, but unfortunately wouldn't be best to address with the current world climate.

But what's the matter with Belgium? Belgian waffles, French fries (until France stole them). You could put it next to Germany and have a battle of the Bulge ride :animwink:. Belgian food and great beer. Belgian lace, CHOCOLATE :D and diamonds. What more could you want?

South American countries don't stand out as distinctive to me, possibly a composite, but again that may be addressed best at AK. Patagonia? Well, just anything but Brazil...there representation (albiet informal) at the parks is already more than enough for my taste.

disneytati

barnum42 said:
*In best Kuzco voice*
And that would be...................bad?

You've sold me on the idea :lol:

:lol: For you guys, probably wonderful! But, as you all know, I am sick and tired of it. And it doesn't represent Brazil, anyway. Only... hummm... part of it! :lol: I hated the Brazilian pavillion at Millenuim Village! :fork: It was the dumbest one! I got ed and went out, didn't even see the others. Should have seen them... Heard some were awesome.

Yeah, a Greek pavillion with a trip into ancient Greece would be amazing! With the temples as they used to be! WOW!!!!

NeedABreak

I voted Russia. An omnimover ride about there history would be perfect for Disney, look at there history since the begining of the 20th century. Good guy becomes bad guy who then has to fight the other bad guy and team up with the good guys but then becomes a bad guy again for years untill they become the good guys again.

Jokeing aside they have great art rich history and a really interesting culture, imagin the street performers!

P.S. MissM, greeks arn't the only loud people who live to eat and have there HUGE family around all the time. You should meet some of us Cajuins

stuart

I think that it would be a good idea to see expansion of AK with Australia and Brazil or more generally south america with amongst other things the obvious rainforest with a ride similar to the safari, but instead of going in the trucks it would be the more appropriate boat or such like cruisin' up the amazon. Mayb best leave out live animals from the river tho...i can see a number of problems arising from that.

barnum42

NeedABreak said:
P.S. MissM, greeks arn't the only loud people who live to eat and have there HUGE family around all the time. You should meet some of us Cajuins
My sister married into an American-Italian family. You have just described them :lol:

CiNdErELLiE930

I voted for Greece, I was actually just talking about that with my mom last night. Ive always wanted to go to Greece.

I really wish they would add Israel though, that would be really awsome.

brkgnews

Decisions, decisions! :brick:

My closely-tied top three are...

Russia, Egypt, and Greece, in no particular order. (By the way -- each of these pavillions would need an awesome musical group or two, as well as what I've listed below).

A) Russia. Obviously we'd need the mini-Kremiln, as discussed before. Given the beautiful architecture in the country, howzabout a "If You Had Wings"/"If You Could Fly"/"Dreamflight"/"Bubba's bigg-ol flyin' contraptions" (OK, so that one never existed) type ride? Fly over different regions (in miniaturized form). Also, you could fly through Siberia (cold wind, the "snow bubbles" they use during Christmas stuff at MK, etc). Alternately, a circlevision film. The restaurant would, obviously, serve typical cuisine. Shops could sell all kinds of stuff -- regional clothing, those nesting doll things, and (I think these are Russian) those intricately wax-decorated eggs -- can't remember the name (not Fabrege, though -- these are real eggshells).

B) Egypt. Big-a pyramid, of course. I'd be REALLY hard pressed to decide between a cruise down the Nile, or a dark ride through the desert (think "Living with the Land" sandstorm) and a pyramid. Better yet, use cars like on the Pooh ride that can be either a car or warble like a boat, and do BOTH!

C) Greece. As everyone has said, use one of the universally-recognized landmarks as the main building. I wouldn't object to a Spaceship Earth-style Omnimover ride up Mount Olympus, with little AA vignettes presenting mythology. Speakers in the individual cars (like SSE) would allow you to easily hear a description of the scene depicted. It's a shame the Pavillion isn't already open -- they could have made BANK on Olympic souvenirs this summer. It would be nice to have a display of Olympic memorabilia, as well. Obviously, plenty of Hercules merchandise/theming for the pavillion, but I would keep it out of the ride/exhibit itself. (Like Mexico currently. Occasionally, the Three Caballeros show up, but they're not the star attraction.)

JBSLJames

Well, since Kentucky was not on the list of choices, I picked Russia. Best part of the Amazing Race last week was the scenery. I think this would be a great addition to the World Showcase, complete with KGB and free vodka samples. . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom