What Movies in 2005...

Legacy

NemoRocks said:
It's definitely going to be good....

BTW, what was wrong with the F4 trailer? It looks fantastic to me and the film will definitely be 100x better than Daredevil, Hulk, The Punisher, Batman (any of the films), Hellboy, and any other comic book film (with the exception of the Spider-Man films of course) out there.
It looks overblown, cheesy and sub-par. I just don't like.

Trust me, I'm a huge fan of comic-book movies (I actually liked Daredevil). But F4 just doesn't look that good to me.

ISTCrew20

1) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (I mean, any movie that trains squirrels for 3 months to sit and open a bag of peanuts has to be good)
2) Corpse Bride (looks AWESOME).
3) Chicken Little
4) War Of The Worlds
5) Amityville Horror (I liked the original, and even though this one will most likely be turned into a gore fest that has no plot, I still wanna see it. Atleast it's something different than those crappy "horror" movies like the Ring(2) and The Grudge)

DDuckFan130

ISTCrew20 said:
1) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (I mean, any movie that trains squirrels for 3 months to sit and open a bag of peanuts has to be good)
2) Corpse Bride (looks AWESOME).
3) Chicken Little
4) War Of The Worlds
5) Amityville Horror (I liked the original, and even though this one will most likely be turned into a gore fest that has no plot, I still wanna see it. Atleast it's something different than those crappy "horror" movies like the Ring(2) and The Grudge)
Hey! Don't judge Ring 2 until you see it! :p

I'm just messing with you :lol:

I liked the Ring when I saw it because it really does scare you...but after that it loses that. I want to see Ring 2 because I know it'll do the same and in the theater it's more fun. The only disappointment is that they didn't bring back Daveigh Chase to do Samara.

ISTCrew20

You could add House Of Wax to my list. I know it won't be the best, but it looks like fun. I don't think a college student was the best role for Paris Hilton. :lol:

MKCustodial

I think I'm one of the few who actually liked The Hulk. I mean, yeah, they changed it a lot, and Banner was more of a mutant than the result of a test gone wrong, but the battle scenes more than make up for it, and Ang Lee got the struggle thing perfectly.

As for these new horror flicks, you either have a Sixth Sense rip-off or a japanese rip-off. I'm glad we moved on from the Scream rip-offs, but I think the last time I actually got SCARED with a movie was Signs. Ring and Grudge are good, but they didn't make me jump.

I saw White Noise yesterday and liked it, great story. Could've had a better ending, though. And Hitch, we saw that yesterday too. Very funny.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
MKCustodial said:
I think I'm one of the few who actually liked The Hulk. I mean, yeah, they changed it a lot, and Banner was more of a mutant than the result of a test gone wrong, but the battle scenes more than make up for it, and Ang Lee got the struggle thing perfectly.

*Extreme thread drift alert*

By itself, I don't think it was a bad film (I thought the special effects were incredible), but I thought it really didn't come close to reaching its potential. It lost a lot of the heart and meaning I got out of the comic books. It was generally too complex, and I didn't find myself liking the characters much.

What would you think of this re-write:

1. Eliminate nearly all references to his father. Save it as back-story for a future film.

2. Spend more time at the beginning letting us see Bruce and Betty as a fairly happy couple. Let us relate to them and like them, but let us see that Bruce, while generally a good person, has issues with repression.

3. Keep the original theme of a destructive military experiment leading to his transformation. Keep the concept of the military first creating him and then trying to destroy him - It was a great theme in the comics that was diluted in the film.

4. When he first tranforms, keep some mystery. People aren't sure what's going on. Little old ladies are scared out of their support hose. There are news reports of a huge, green man stalking the streets.

5. Give the audience reason to like and feel sorry for Hulk. In the original TV pilot, there was a scene in which the hulk was trying to save a girl while her father was shooting at him. It was a great, defining moment. Have more shots of the hulk relating to animals, nature. Give the audience the sense that he is childlike and only harmful when attacked. Have something like the scene in Frankenstein with the blind man to show us the Hulk's softer side.

6. Make Ross more of a jerk and the real bad guy. Let him symbolize the worst of the military mentality. He created the Hulk, then, not knowing anything but mindless violence he attacks him leading to more destruction by the Hulk in response. It was an elegant, symbolic theme (that can be related to many historical conflicts - consider the US military supporting Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein originally, creating monsters and then later battling those monsters) in the comics that was largely lost in the film.

I just think that would have made a much better film.​

MKCustodial

garyhoov said:
*Extreme thread drift alert*

By itself, I don't think it was a bad film (I thought the special effects were incredible), but I thought it really didn't come close to reaching its potential. It lost a lot of the heart and meaning I got out of the comic books. It was generally too complex, and I didn't find myself liking the characters much.

What would you think of this re-write:

1. Eliminate nearly all references to his father. Save it as back-story for a future film.

2. Spend more time at the beginning letting us see Bruce and Betty as a fairly happy couple. Let us relate to them and like them, but let us see that Bruce, while generally a good person, has issues with repression.

3. Keep the original theme of a destructive military experiment leading to his transformation. Keep the concept of the military first creating him and then trying to destroy him - It was a great theme in the comics that was diluted in the film.

4. When he first tranforms, keep some mystery. People aren't sure what's going on. Little old ladies are scared out of their support hose. There are news reports of a huge, green man stalking the streets.

5. Give the audience reason to like and feel sorry for Hulk. In the original TV pilot, there was a scene in which the hulk was trying to save a girl while her father was shooting at him. It was a great, defining moment. Have more shots of the hulk relating to animals, nature. Give the audience the sense that he is childlike and only harmful when attacked. Have something like the scene in Frankenstein with the blind man to show us the Hulk's softer side.

6. Make Ross more of a jerk and the real bad guy. Let him symbolize the worst of the military mentality. He created the Hulk, then, not knowing anything but mindless violence he attacks him leading to more destruction by the Hulk in response. It was an elegant, symbolic theme (that can be related to many historical conflicts - consider the US military supporting Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein originally, creating monsters and then later battling those monsters) in the comics that was largely lost in the film.

I just think that would have made a much better film.​

I like numbers 1, 5 and 6 best. Yeah, we see the power of the Hulk, but asie from hm looking like a lost puppy every time he sees Betty, you can't really feel for him. And mixing his dad with the Absorbing Man was just fricked up.

LilDucky

Boo's Mom said:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory---because of Johnny Depp

More like because of the sound track! Love, love, love Maroon 5! :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:
I cant wait for it to come out.

EmeraldDolphin

Star Wars III > the trailers look awesome!
Chronicles of Narnia > I loved reading them when I was young
Harry Potter ... coming out this year sometime I think
War of the Worlds > it was filmed here in CT... Tom Cruise was so close... yet so far away!
those are my top picks... but I know I'll see tons more... we usually get to the movies about 3 or 4 times a month. :wave:

imagineer boy

I have mixed feelings about the fantastic four. YOu can tell that it has alot of potential, and if its done right, it can be a success. But yet again, it could have a train wreck, that critics can sink their claws into and rip to shreds. Who knows. We'll just have to wait and see how it does.

imagineer99

NemoRocks said:
Big Momma's House 2, will be a great film. :)

*snickers* ;)

IN all seriocity, though, one of the better films of 2005 was already released--MILLIONS. Go check it out!

I just saw "Sin City" last night. I've never read the graphic novels, but it's obvious how well the movie mimicks the visual style. Visually it looks awesome. Quite a unique and entertaining (if extremely violent and gory) film.

Nevertheless, it truly proves how desensitised to violence we've come as a society...

ok_st_is#1

Batman Begins!!!!!!! MOVIE OF THE YEAR

War of the Worlds

King Kong

Hustle and Flow

Pink Panther

Crash
NO STAR WARS III it's just an expensive video game with actors who are barely doing anything. What happened to real movies with real effects??

imagineer boy

ok_st_is#1 said:
Batman Begins!!!!!!! MOVIE OF THE YEAR

War of the Worlds

King Kong

Hustle and Flow

Pink Panther

Crash
NO STAR WARS III it's just an expensive video game with actors who are barely doing anything. What happened to real movies with real effects??

If you don't like it, then don't friggin post in this thread!!!!! Shees!!!! :fork:

Well, I'm seeing it tomorrow. And I can't wait!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom