9. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
10. Kingdom of Heaven
11. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
12. Madagascar
13. Sin City
14. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
15. Robots

CaptainMichael

1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire-Even though I know they are going to butcher it.
2. Star Wars Episode III.
3. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

DDuckFan130

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Ring 2 (want to see what they did with this story)

Batman Begins

Robots (Robin Williams, Mel Brooks, and Drew Carey :D)

Wow, that's more than I thought because I'm not much of a movie-goer :lol:

MKCustodial

garyhoov said:
Yeah, if I had one wish it would be that the Thing looked a little more like I remember him. If I didn't know anything about it, I probably wouldn't have thought much of the trailer (the text was particularly annoying). But knowing what I do about the characters, my big concern was that they couldn't pull it off visually. After seeing that the visuals look pretty good, I'm confident that the depth of the characters will work and be much more interesting than could be conveyed in such a short trailer.

Did you also think they got Sue too young and too... you know... cleavage-y? :lookaroun They do some things to attract the teen crowd that just heart a fan's eyes.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
MKCustodial said:
Did you also think they got Sue too young and too... you know... cleavage-y? :lookaroun They do some things to attract the teen crowd that just heart a fan's eyes.

:eek: Too cleavage-y?!?! Is there such a thing? Isn't that like having too much money or having a motorcycle with too much power?;)

Seriously, no. Sue was very young in the early comics, and personally I preferred someone young to grow into the role (and I feel the same way about Reed, when many people wanted George Clooney, I thought he was way too old). I'm hoping for an extended series in which they grow, mature, get married, have Franklin, etc. I was picturing someone with a bit more presence, but I expect and hope that will come with time. The only problem I have age-wise is that Johnney seems a little too close to the others in age . . . but he also seems good at being a punk, so I think that will work.;)

As for the "cleavage", no doubt she's absolutely stunning, but I think that works, and they don't seem to be flaunting it:

1tlycw

I've seen some comic variations that were much worse than this.

MKCustodial

garyhoov said:
Seriously, no. Sue was very young in the early comics, and personally I preferred someone young to grow into the role (and I feel the same way about Reed, when many people wanted George Clooney, I thought he was way too old). I'm hoping for an extended series in which they grow, mature, get married, have Franklin, etc. I was picturing someone with a bit more presence, but I expect and hope that will come with time. The only problem I have age-wise is that Johnney seems a little too close to the others in age . . . but he also seems good at being a punk, so I think that will work.;)

Well, when you put it like that, I gotta agree with you. We tend to think of them as they're now and forget they were the first ones out there, so they did start early. I mean, Johnny was barely older than Spidey, wasn't he?

Also, it helps that the picture you got to illustrate your point has her uniform zipped up to the top. :lol: I was basing my statement on the first image of Sue they released, the one she looks like a slu... Never mind. :lookaroun

FutureCEO

1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
2. Chronicles of Narnia
3. Star Wars Episode 3
4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (if the movie doesn't look as bad as the trailer)
5. Legend of Zorro
6. Fever Pitch
7. The Interpreter
8. Kingdom of Heaven

and any other movie that tickles my interest

darthdarrel

Well Here is my list:
1- Star wars ep 3
2- War of the worlds
3- Charlie and the Chocolate factory
4- Fantastic four
5- Harry Potter
6- The Corpse bride
7- THe chronicles of Narnia
8- Robots
9- Kingdom of Heaven
10- Bewitched
:D :wave:

rentNdisney

nibblesandbits said:
Ooh...there are so many!

Harry Potter (because it's Harry Potter and those movies are awesome!)
Charlie and Chocolate Factory (does this look like a really cool movie to anyone else?)
The Producers (supposed to come out)
Rent(supposed to come out as well)
Bewitched (for some crazy reason)

And that's just for starters!

I'm sorry but i cried when I first heard RENT was going to be made into a movie. Yes, they've got most of the OBC (original Broadway Cast) but they're turning Light My Candle into dialogue! twhat?!?!? For someone who has seen this play 5 times in the last year (waiting untill April 1 to see it again so that I don't have to worry about Drew Lachey being in it), knows the play (soundtrack and lines that aren't on the soundtrack), the history behind it, and who goes to the actors (Matt Caplan bestill my heart) gigs in clubs in NYC, the movie is a tragedy. Next thing I know, they'll be selling RENT merch at Hot Topic. Then maybe I'll just give up. But, excuse me and thank you for allowing me to rant.

SIR90210

:eek: How could you all have missed...
The Pink Panther
I mean, Steve Martin and Beyonce( :D ) in the same movie, how much better can it get?? Other than that, Chicken Little, Narnia, Star WarsIII, and Harry Potter 4.

DDuckFan130

SIR90210 said:
:eek: How could you all have missed...
The Pink Panther
I mean, Steve Martin and Beyonce( :D ) in the same movie, how much better can it get?? Other than that, Chicken Little, Narnia, Star WarsIII, and Harry Potter 4.
Oh wow I forgot she's in that :brick:

Sorry, I really dislike Beyonce :lol: but more power to you for liking her...I just do not.

I'm sorry but i cried when I first heard RENT was going to be made into a movie. Yes, they've got most of the OBC (original Broadway Cast) but they're turning Light My Candle into dialogue! twhat?!?!? For someone who has seen this play 5 times in the last year (waiting untill April 1 to see it again so that I don't have to worry about Drew Lachey being in it), knows the play (soundtrack and lines that aren't on the soundtrack), the history behind it, and who goes to the actors (Matt Caplan bestill my heart) gigs in clubs in NYC, the movie is a tragedy. Next thing I know, they'll be selling RENT merch at Hot Topic. Then maybe I'll just give up. But, excuse me and thank you for allowing me to rant.

What'd you think of Joey Fatone :lookaroun

nibblesandbits

rentNdisney said:

Wow...didn't know all of that. I just knew the original cast was going to be in it. And knew that when I saw the play I couldn't hear it very well, but knew that it was a good play. (I haven't been able to see it anywhere else) That's why I wanted to see it.

*sidenote: you are more than allowed to rant*

rentNdisney

nibblesandbits said:
Wow...didn't know all of that. I just knew the original cast was going to be in it. And knew that when I saw the play I couldn't hear it very well, but knew that it was a good play. (I haven't been able to see it anywhere else) That's why I wanted to see it.

*sidenote: you are more than allowed to rant*

Thanks for allowing me to rant...Don't let me stop you from seeing the movie, I'm going to out of curiosity. RENT's not just a good play, its spectacular (hence my name teehee) too bad you couldn't hear it well.

sorry about the two consecutive posts everyone, i still havent mastered how to quote two different posts in one...

imagineer99

Surprisingly, this year looks like it will be tons o' fun at the movies.

STUFF I'LL WANT TO SEE ON OPENING DAY:

-Millions--CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS ONE. MY MOST ANTICIPATED BY FAR!
-The Jacket (in all probability it will be crap, just like the "Butterfly Effect", but I'm a sucker for time travel flicks)
-Charlie and the Chocolate Factory--I liked the Gene Wilder original, yet I wan to see what Burton can do
-The Weather man--has potential to be awesome. Go Gore Verbanski!
-Stargirl -- not sure If this is coming out in 2005 or 2006. Nevertheless, the book rocked my world
-The Greatest Game Ever Played--I'm a sap for "feel good" Disney biopics
-War of the Worlds--My Summer Blockbuster flik
-Sin City--just plain looks cool
--Hitchikers guide to the galaxy--I'll bring a towel with me:)

As for Rent, could they have picked amore incompatible director?...me thinks not.

I was really looking forward to fantastic four, until I saw the trailer. *groans*

Legacy

Just saw the trailor for Sin City

JEELY CLY that movie looks FLIPPIN' AWESOME!!!!

THAT is what Sky Captain should have looked like.

DDuckFan130

imagineer99 said:
Surprisingly, this year looks like it will be tons o' fun at the movies.

STUFF I'LL WANT TO SEE ON OPENING DAY:

-Millions--CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS ONE. MY MOST ANTICIPATED BY FAR!
-The Jacket (in all probability it will be crap, just like the "Butterfly Effect", but I'm a sucker for time travel flicks)
-Charlie and the Chocolate Factory--I liked the Gene Wilder original, yet I wan to see what Burton can do
-The Weather man--has potential to be awesome. Go Gore Verbanski!
-Stargirl -- not sure If this is coming out in 2005 or 2006. Nevertheless, the book rocked my world
-The Greatest Game Ever Played--I'm a sap for "feel good" Disney biopics
-War of the Worlds--My Summer Blockbuster flik
-Sin City--just plain looks cool
--Hitchikers guide to the galaxy--I'll bring a towel with me:)

As for Rent, could they have picked amore incompatible director?...me thinks not.

I was really looking forward to fantastic four, until I saw the trailer. *groans*
Oh yeah the Weather Man. I saw the preview for this when I went to see "Sideways." I haven't seen too many of Nicholas Cage's movies, but this one looks real good. And yes, go Gore Verbinski :D.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Legacy said:
Just saw the trailor for Sin City

JEELY CLY that movie looks FLIPPIN' AWESOME!!!!

THAT is what Sky Captain should have looked like.
It's definitely going to be good....

BTW, what was wrong with the F4 trailer? It looks fantastic to me and the film will definitely be 100x better than Daredevil, Hulk, The Punisher, Batman (any of the films), Hellboy, and any other comic book film (with the exception of the Spider-Man films of course) out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom