What merchandise to you buy at WDW?

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
I'll never forget a guest I saw at MK in 1991 who had SIX big bags full to the top with WDW-merchandise on his stroller. It looked like he bought up the entire emporium. I like to buy merchandise too but I only buy souvenirs which have a practical value and attraction based merchandise is generally preferred, e.g. at EE. Shirts, mugs (especially the extra large ones, we nearly don't use any other at home anymore, since we bought some) towels and books. I am very disappointed though that they don't sell the big posters with park maps any longer as they were both highly detailed and beautiful to look at. We also try to buy some good designed merchandise from the disney resort we are staying at.
What merchandise do you like to purchase?

Evil Genius

On each trip I'll generally buy the following:

A new baseball cap
One new t-shirt (preferably a retro Epcot shirt)
A new Mickey coffee mug
If I'm there during SWW I'll buy any new Disney/Star Wars figures that may have been released.

CoastalX

My wife always gets a T-shirt with at least the year on it, and we always get our son alot of stuff. This year we will have our second son with us and it will be his first trip and im sure we will be buying alot of "firsts" for him. I can't wait!!

Optimus Mouse

We usually buy a Christmas ornament on every trip we take. My parents and siblings are big Disney-philes as well, so if our trip falls near Christmas or one of their birthdays we usually take care of that as well. There's also a pop art gallery in Downtown Disney that is dangerous to our wallets.

On our most recent trip we bought two animation prints from the Animation Studio in DHS. One was of Jedi-Mickey (it was a Star Wars Weekend) and the other a sketch of Minnie and Mickey in Victorian attire with "Merry Christmouse" across the top.

LoriMistress

We purchased a WDW backpack (a really nice one) back in '03 when my favorite backpack broke on me at Epcot. I still use it to this day. I always purchase at least one Donald Duck plush doll. DH and I always gets Mouse Ears hat. We also purchase our resort mugs. That's all I can think of on merchandise that we normally purchase on every trip.

Dwarful

On our honeymoon my husband bought me a teapot and some glassware. If we see a special teapot we add that to my collection. My husband and the girls generally like to get a new tshirt, or beach towel. They also get a few new pins to add to their collection and my youngest likes to buy a new outfit for her doll (she discovered that the clothes will fit her American Girl doll). I always try to buy at least one new CD or a book.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Attraction pins, though this has not been a major spend in recent years.
This year Ill be adding some more margarita glasses from Epcot and some bits and pieces from the Food N Wine event.
I used to buy t-shirts, but theyve all been pretty generic and over priced in the last few years

Master Gracey 5

I'll get a shirt if I can find something reasonable (not a fan of big graphics or crazy colors) and occasionally a pin or something. Typically I'm more in line with the OP in finding something useful. I'm starting to get into the kitchen stuff now that I have my own place and last fall I bought a nice set of Christmas ornaments that I liked.

I will occasionally get something fun like the time a few years ago my sister and I were waiting for my mom to purchase some photos and we decided to buy some giant tubes of make your own pixi-stix. The sugar helped give us a kick while we were out late and it took us days to finish them.

Mrs.Toad

The only item I purchase that is the same every visit are ponchos and
mint chocolates at the candy store on Main Street. Love 'em!

Mouse Man

1) Always get a new Disney watch
2) A t-Shirt or two,
3) A new short sleave collar shirt
4) A few Christmas Ornaments
5) Always claim to forget my hat so I have to get a new Disney one.
6) Trading Pins
7) Always buy PJ's for the DWF
8) Ear ring sfor the DWF
9) Depending on housewares they have to offer at the time. One year we stayed at the WL and bought home a Cookie Jar, Paper Towel Holder and various other black bear items.

Thorpyness

I've been 3 times, (03,05 & 09)
We've got both versions of momopoly unopened in the loft.
I got t-shirts and year specific stuff in 09, but prior to that not much.
I aimed for stuff with 1971 on it as I was born in the same year as the Magic Kingdom.

Tigger#1

I also love the Disney watches but I have learned that since they are battery powered I am buying a maintenance item and not an heirloom. Found out the hard way about batteries destroying a nice watch when left in too long.
I wish they still made self winding watches so I could leave them in the drawer for years and they would still work when I wanted them to.

micknminnie

I cannot leave Disney without a magnet and ornament with the year on it. DH always gets a shot glass with the year. My DSs love the Disney Racers so those have been on the list the last couple of years also.

wvdisneyfamily

The better question is what don't I buy. I'm a collector of everything. I love trinkets and the like. I now have a little one to buy for. :)

Mikester71

The one thing I always have to buy each trip is a WDW Spring Break t-shirt with the year on it. Fortunately for me, they have always had some pretty cool ones out when we go down during our March Spring Break. I have bought a couple of hats down there over the years, new resort mugs each stay of course, and our all time favourite WDW treat...Goofy's Saltwater Taffy. This is an absolute MUST for my family each and every trip. We usually grab a box or two to bring home with us too. All and all, I think we have managed to grab a nice variety of WDW souvenirs since our first trip in 2005 without really going overboard though.

Susan Savia

My last trip in February I got a couple dated pins, a dated magnet for the fridge, dated photo album and some tee shirts for family.

Let's Break Family Down :

Joey:
1. Pins (a lot of them)
2. A new popcorn bucket if they have one
3. Maybe a new plush

Chelsie:
1. Shot Glass for her Dad
2. Disney Baby Plush
3. Maybe a purse

Sheila:
1. T-Shirt
2. Something for all the neices.
3. Keychain

Joe:
1. Hat
2. Usually a ton of Mickey Premium Bars! :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom