What little things that WDW used to do/have do you miss?

durangojim

Original Poster
Penny Arcade
Main St. Cinema
Magic Shop

In summary...I miss when Main St. was actually based on Main St. :(
Magic shop! Totally!
I remeber when I was in 4th grade my friend and I bought rings that shot out water from them. While we'd stand in line at the MK we'd spray people walking by. They had no clue. Such fun times.

Baldy

So much little stuff I did (and ate) with my son that I would love my nieces and nephews to be able to experience:
- Kids meals used to be served in plastic Mickey shaped plates
- innoventions had lots of fun stuff for kids (Velcro, piggy banks...)
- towel animals
- Mickey's house
- remote controlled boats
- cinnamon rolls from the Main Street bakery
- plastic cheese (unlimited)

Debbie

I miss the Disney Inn. I miss chocolate covered frozen bananas from the Contemporary. I miss seeing the guy on an ATV smoothing the sand on the beaches in the early morning. I miss being able to walk up and eat almost anywhere. I miss the simpler times.....also I miss the old menu at Hoop De Doo----there used to be beef ribs with a homemade sauce, a cheese ball of sorts with nacho chips, ====good thing I bought the cookbook 20 years ago

durangojim

Original Poster
I miss the Disney Inn. I miss chocolate covered frozen bananas from the Contemporary. I miss seeing the guy on an ATV smoothing the sand on the beaches in the early morning. I miss being able to walk up and eat almost anywhere. I miss the simpler times.....also I miss the old menu at Hoop De Doo----there used to be beef ribs with a homemade sauce, a cheese ball of sorts with nacho chips, ====good thing I bought the cookbook 20 years ago
What was the Disney Inn? Was it the Disney Institute across from the Disney Village?

Pirate Magic

I miss the Backlot Tour (The Golden Girls house)
I miss E ride nights too!!
I miss Toontown
I miss the way Downtown Disney was before (now part of it looks like a upscale mall)
I do miss the old FastPass
I miss towel animals
I miss not being able to ride in the front car of the monorail

The Empress Lilly

Just little things:

- topiaries along the monorail
- EPCOT prism
- EPCOT logos
- Walt Disney Story
- Epcot music
- the animals in Horizons
- the guard houses in DHS
- the ducks & gang along the stream in CMM
- Sid Cahuenga shop
- the bird and the robot
- quickly going for one more ride on If You Had Wings
- going to hell
- Wedway naeration
- empty shores of SSL
- long drives through subtropical jungle on WDW property
- that tube ride in River Country
- steel band in Caribbean Plaza
- collecting postcards
- watching the custodians sweep up cigarette butts

NiarrNDisney

- remote controlled boats

Oh I miss these in Adventureland! Luckily they still have them at Shades of Green unless they removed them too but I'm pretty sure they were there in 2016.

- I miss the Flamingos between Odyssey and Mexico
- The Animal Kingdom boats on Discovery River! I wish they would bring them back maybe adding more to the fleet so there would be a higher capacity to transport guests around the park and see all the old "scenes" and a few animal exhibits along the banks for added interest.

The Empress Lilly

- I miss Magic Journeys. Yes, it may have been slightly cheesy. But man, was that score and song hauntingly beautiful
Great choice!

I never rated the movie. Too artsy for my younger self, although I now appreciate it when rewatching. Didn't care for the kid theme either.

But boy, what a score! Otherwordly, dreamy, haunting. It captures, maybe even more embodies, the mystery and beauty of 80s EPCOT. Which was a spiritual experience, not a theme park, which is why those who knew it are forever haunted by it.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
A simple item. The butter at sit down venues. Various Mickey shapes from full blown Mickey's to silhouettes of Mickey's heads.

2309fb2b7670063e8c8f3b0336918b41.jpg
6f9a5e50d2f761e7e52921ad229fe4e9--disney-food-butter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Out of interest what do you define as a non well dressed guest?

The "Brittany" clothes on a "Rosie O'Donnell" body! Tights as pants, undershirts worn as the only shirt, tall heels ( you know you've seen them and cringe when they get near to any of the street car rails), the list goes on and on. Its not public spectacle or advertisement for any particular services a guest might be making... there are plenty of bizarre things to gawk at already... Talking Mice the size of people, Dogs , etc.

jimbo mack

The "Brittany" clothes on a "Rosie O'Donnell" body! Tights as pants, undershirts worn as the only shirt, tall heels ( you know you've seen them and cringe when they get near to any of the street car rails), the list goes on and on. Its not public spectacle or advertisement for any particular services a guest might be making... there are plenty of bizarre things to gawk at already... Talking Mice the size of people, Dogs , etc.

What about men?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom