What kind of WDW fan are you?

Figment632

Original Poster
1. Nonstopper: In the parks open to close going from one attraction to the next not stopping for anything not even small children that happen to get in your way.

2. Park Person: in the parks early usually to close but no need to get everything done in one day, you like to take in the atmosphere.

3. Lazy Pool Person: like to wake up late, take a dip in the pool, get to the parks and go at it at what ever pace suits you in other words nighttime EMH are your best friend.

Having been #1 for quite some time I have evolved into #2. I don't need to run around the parks like a maniac but still don't understand going to WDW to lay by a pool.

DisneyPrincess5

1. Nonstopper: In the parks open to close going from one attraction to the next not stopping for anything not even small children that happen to get in your way.

2. Park Person: in the parks early usually to close but no need to get everything done in one day, you like to take in the atmosphere.

3. Lazy Pool Person: like to wake up late, take a dip in the pool, get to the parks and go at it at what ever pace suits you in other words nighttime EMH are your best friend.

Having been #1 for quite some time I have evolved into #2. I don't need to run around the parks like a maniac but still don't understand going to WDW to lay by a pool.

:wave:
I'd say that we are a mix between non-stopper and park person.
Depending on the weather or how we're feeling, sometimes it's nice to take it slower, but sometimes we love to go nuts and rush around!

DisneyJoe

I think you need a #4: (possibly with 2 sub-options)

- person that likes to get to a park early, possibly at rope drop, tour the park until around lunch time or soon after, then go back to the resort for a nap or swim or both, and then back out to the park in late afternoon or evening

Sub-options of

a - tour as commando
b - easy tour style

In many cases I am a 4b.

I also don't think this describes a "WDW Fan" - I think it is more descriptive of someone's park touring style.

DizneyPryncess

I too was a #1 that has evolved into a #2. The more Disney trips I've taken, the more I've evolved because I have done things enough times that I no longer want to toss small children out of my way. :lol:

I'm going for some pool time on this next trip, we'll see how that goes. I feel like I'll end up being all agitated and want to go into the parks.

Atomicmickey

#1, hoping for #2.

I think it depends on how much time you get to have there, and how
many times you go.

I was there for the first time in years last November, and was definitely
#1...and my family went along with it. No knowing when we'd get back,
and it was my kids first time, so we wanted to see and do everything.

Now, if my dastardly plan to go back again this fall works, if the "Mickey savings jar" does indeed reach the point to allow us to go, the point would be to go as much "#2" as possible, with less pressure, skipping the things that were not the biggies, and laying back and enjoying the atmosphere more.

So, basically, if you've got the luxury of time and frequency of visits, how could you not enjoy #2? Take the time to stop, sit, enjoy, examine all the wonderful small details of everything, people watch, all that good stuff that you don't have the time to do when you're on a limited schedule.

rsoxguy

My wife is a #1 in everything she does, but over the years I have convinced her to submit to a #2 lifestyle. When it comes to WDW, we have been there so often that a #2 suites us fine.

MissM

We're going to have to add a #5 The FL Resident AP'er: Get to the parks whenever. Generally not overly early, like 11am or so. Hit a park, wander, shop, ride a thing or two, eat. Hop to another park, ride some more, wander, shop, watch fireworks, and head home at closing. Get there late, stay late, don't rush to do things, just take it easy and enjoy yourself. If you miss it this time, hit it next. :animwink:

I've never seen rope drop and I'm sure I never will. But I regularly close a park.

melflip8

We're going to have to add a #5 The FL Resident AP'er: Get to the parks whenever. Generally not overly early, like 11am or so. Hit a park, wander, shop, ride a thing or two, eat. Hop to another park, ride some more, wander, shop, watch fireworks, and head home at closing. Get there late, stay late, don't rush to do things, just take it easy and enjoy yourself. If you miss it this time, hit it next. :animwink:

I've never seen rope drop and I'm sure I never will. But I regularly close a park.

That is me to a T! Except I am a FL Resident Three Day Player and sometimes upgrade to seasonal, which will probably happen this year. I too will most likely NEVER make it to a rope drop.

- person that likes to get to a park early, possibly at rope drop, tour the park until around lunch time or soon after, then go back to the resort for a nap or swim or both, and then back out to the park in late afternoon or evening

Sub-options of

a - tour as commando
b - easy tour style

In many cases I am a 4b.

I also don't think this describes a "WDW Fan" - I think it is more descriptive of someone's park touring style.

DisneyJoe I am right with you...my husband and I also fit nicely right into that new category.

spoodles

All of the above. These tend to be stages I go through on each trip. In that order BTW. :)

amjt660

I too put myself in the #4 category
I love showing up for rope drop and get on the rides when it is not as busy but leave when it starts to warm up ( both # of people and the temperature)

HopLow

Sub-options of

a - tour as commando
b - easy tour style

In many cases I am a 4b.

Yes, this is my option too. I am a 4a in the morning when I'm all excited to get into the parks, then in the evening drop to a 4b.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom