What kind of restaurant would you add if you could???

Phonedave

there is a place in Orlando that does this but its not kid friendly. called "better than sex", all deserts and wines. I would like to see a family friendly version though. On LBI in NJ they had a desert only restaurant called the "Show Place". the servers were very much like the 50's prime time in HS. Fun place.

The Show Place Ice Cream Parlor is still there, but you need reservations and it is closed for the season now.

Ghost93

Tiana's Palace
A sit-down restaurant in Pandora. Kind of like a Pandora version of the rainforest cafe with animatronics and bioluminescent lighting.
Snuggly Duckling
Pizza Planet
House of Mouse

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
I'd love a spot like Harryhausens in Monsters Inc. ...strictly for fun. Food of course would need to be great, I'm thinking steakhouse type cuisine. Place would be made to look like it did in the movie...this could obviously be a kids place but also could be upscaled and made for adults too. Lots of ways to go with this.

Mickey5150

World Showcase food hall. Multiple different food vendors that could rotate in and out. Food and wine style options but with bigger portion sizes for real meals. Showcase countries that aren't currently represented and have a large covered eating area that requires you to have food before you sit down.

Phonedave

The current issue of Disney Files has a picture of Boardwalk Deli sandwiches on it. I could have sworn one was a North New Jersey Sloppy Joe, but I just looked at the menu and it is a ruben.

For those not in the know, most people think of a "Manwich" type thing when you say "sloppy joe". But if you go into a deli, in specific parts of two counties in northern NJ and ask for a "Sloppy Joe" you will get a sandwich consisting of rye bread, usually ham, swiss, coleslaw, and russian dressing. I actually usually like a turkey sloppy joe instead of ham, but I'm not going to turn up my nose at a ham one either.

Anyway, for a few minutes there I through WDW had actually looked at delis and had some really regional food. Sadly I was mistaken.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
The current issue of Disney Files has a picture of Boardwalk Deli sandwiches on it. I could have sworn one was a North New Jersey Sloppy Joe, but I just looked at the menu and it is a ruben.

For those not in the know, most people think of a "Manwich" type thing when you say "sloppy joe". But if you go into a deli, in specific parts of two counties in northern NJ and ask for a "Sloppy Joe" you will get a sandwich consisting of rye bread, usually ham, swiss, coleslaw, and russian dressing. I actually usually like a turkey sloppy joe instead of ham, but I'm not going to turn up my nose at a ham one either.

Anyway, for a few minutes there I through WDW had actually looked at delis and had some really regional food. Sadly I was mistaken.
Yiup, I'm from Jersey and know exactly what you're talking about! So good! Yeah, love it all...Reubens, pastrami, corned beef, etc.....It would be awesome if Disney had a legit sandwich shop.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Tiana's Palace
A sit-down restaurant in Pandora. Kind of like a Pandora version of the rainforest cafe with animatronics and bioluminescent lighting.
Snuggly Duckling
Pizza Planet
House of Mouse
Yes, the Pandora idea would probably be popular, especially now with the new movie. This could be done a number of different ways and it could be QS type or you could make it high end. Depends on how authentic you want it. But it'd definitely be cool to make a reservation in Hometree for a dinner amongst the trees.

MickeyLuv'r

I'd love it if they had a really good Indian restaurant (I mean authentic Indian, with the option to order a few dishes hot enough to melt your face off or exotic enough to really excite your palate), ideally with live music. Like many of the TS restaurants on property (e.g., Yak & Yeti, Raglan Road, Via Napoli), it could have an adjacent CS/take-out venue, featuring Indian street food.

The problem is, of course, that Disney does a terrible job of authentic anything. They'd open up with a cool menu, and within a few months, dumb it down to an endless parade of bland chicken dishes. Lucky for me, we have an amazing Indian restaurant right here at home, so I don't have to rely on Disney to take me on that culinary journey.
I have long hoped WDW would add a samosa stand, with a few additional snacks, such as pakora.

MickeyLuv'r

A few options I'd like to see:

St Augustine has a frozen popsicle place called the Hyppo. These a re made form high quality fruit in unique flavors. I always think it would do very well at WDW or DS.

WDW should also add a custom salad quick serve, only better than what Blaze offers. A wide range of salad toppings, ideally locally sourced.

WDW should have a place that features prime Florida citrus and other tropical fruits. Maybe you can get a citrus salad, smoothie, granita...
At least WDW now sells Cuties, so much better than the terrible oranges they sold just a few years ago.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
I recently had an amazing poke bowl which was out of this world.
An authentic poke restaurant would be awesome! They'd have to have a good variety of fresh ingredients to cater to all kinds of people. Along with different sauces and maybe some local Hawaiian beers and drinks available as well.

The most obvious one of course...Adding a seated character Dining on Sunset Blvd to...
p595n3e9b1c21.jpg

While this would switch the characters from Hollywood and Dine it would fit the venue and just imagine if you will how amazing it would have looked like..While the lobby check in area would have the Magic mirror to interact with the Guests waiting to enter, the characters would be within the dining area meeting and greeting guests..Similar to how Sci fi Dine In is on the opposite side they would play classic and Mouse Works shorts..
6405b169c8a003bb50185ea83156b2fb.jpg

There would also be a Fantasmic dining packages making a double Whammy for guests who would get dinner and a dessert after party..

And let's not forget that food of course!

This could be a place like Sci Fi but with better food. They could play classic Fab 5 cartoons during dinner and have Mickey be the Maitre'd . Love it

Phonedave

Thinking about my comment on Sloppy Joe's, something in the American Pavilion featuring unique regional American specialties would be interesting.

I'm not talking about things like a lobster roll that are pretty well known. I mean things that are very local and not easy to get elsewhere.

Taylor Ham (Pork Roll) egg and cheese
Scrapple
Juicy Lucy
Cincinnati 3,4, or 5 way
Chop Cheese
Garbage Plate
Disco Fries
Loco Moco
Speedies
Hot Brown
Egg Cream
Italian Hot Dog
etc.

All sorts of stuff that many people have never heard of.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Thinking about my comment on Sloppy Joe's, something in the American Pavilion featuring unique regional American specialties would be interesting.

I'm not talking about things like a lobster roll that are pretty well known. I mean things that are very local and not easy to get elsewhere.

Taylor Ham (Pork Roll) egg and cheese
Scrapple
Juicy Lucy
Cincinnati 3,4, or 5 way
Chop Cheese
Garbage Plate
Disco Fries
Loco Moco
Speedies
Hot Brown
Egg Cream
Italian Hot Dog
etc.

All sorts of stuff that many people have never heard of.
Yes! I grew up eating scrapple, its my favorite! I've had most of the other things except and egg cream and the Cincinnati 3,4,and 5 way.....
Always wanted to have an egg cream just never got the chance. I know I can make it but i'd rather have it in an actual diner, lol!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom