What kind of restaurant would you add if you could???

JIMINYCR

I’ll kill my own food before I ever eat bugs bc of insane policies
Years ago a place would be shut down if even a hint of a bug was present... now they want to sell us on the benefits of eating them and including parts of them in the ingredients. Next I expect if a hair shows up on my plate I'll be told thats good for me now too. :p:p
I'm with you... I'll have my order without bug parts please. ;););)

DisneyfanMA

A strictly breakfast place would go over big I think. Of course, having different breakfast options from all over the world would be ideal.

Would it serve breakfast at all hours of the day? Like a 24 hr diner type theme, open from park open to close. Maybe even make it like one of those silver train car urban looking setups. (maybe with a couple lunch/dinner alternates on the menu from noon on for those guests in the group who want non breakfast). That could be popular I suppose but they'd have to check with guests to see if it's something desireable.. maybe it wouldn't have enough demand in that model.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Would it serve breakfast at all hours of the day? Like a 24 hr diner type theme, open from park open to close. Maybe even make it like one of those silver train car urban looking setups. (maybe with a couple lunch/dinner alternates on the menu from noon on for those guests in the group who want non breakfast). That could be popular I suppose but they'd have to check with guests to see if it's something desireable.. maybe it wouldn't have enough demand in that model.
Yes, 24 hours. People love breakfast. Personally, being able to sit down at 7 in the evening and have a nice plate of french toast, bacon and eggs sounds awesome! And yes, agree with the silver car train/ diner setup..maybe model it after the diner in The Rocketeer or some other Disney movie that was set in those times.

tpoly88

Another thing I'd love: deep experience settings:
do you know how many kids (adults too probably) would get there tongue stuck to the ice!

WDWmazprty

Original Poster

Attachments

• 6944780-6453377-Like_Scott_Schwartz_s_character_left_Spencer_s_tongue_froze_to_t-m-2_154384753...jpg
    6944780-6453377-Like_Scott_Schwartz_s_character_left_Spencer_s_tongue_froze_to_t-m-2_154384753...jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 53

tpoly88

I'd love a table service that ONLY serves desserts. It would never work, but a girl can dream. Not just cupcakes, but more elaborate sweets and desserts. This is probably because I am eating chocolate chip cookies currently.
there is a place in Orlando that does this but its not kid friendly. called "better than sex", all deserts and wines. I would like to see a family friendly version though. On LBI in NJ they had a desert only restaurant called the "Show Place". the servers were very much like the 50's prime time in HS. Fun place.

tpoly88

I'd love it if they had a really good Indian restaurant (I mean authentic Indian, with the option to order a few dishes hot enough to melt your face off or exotic enough to really excite your palate), ideally with live music. Like many of the TS restaurants on property (e.g., Yak & Yeti, Raglan Road, Via Napoli), it could have an adjacent CS/take-out venue, featuring Indian street food.

The problem is, of course, that Disney does a terrible job of authentic anything. They'd open up with a cool menu, and within a few months, dumb it down to an endless parade of bland chicken dishes. Lucky for me, we have an amazing Indian restaurant right here at home, so I don't have to rely on Disney to take me on that culinary journey.
The real issue is beacuse of the amount of meals they serve and the time they try to do it in. plus everyone has so many food allergies they cant use a lot of ingredients, makes it hard to keep authentic. Its like a really good restaurant that is catering to 100 people, food just not the same. Even the Il Mulino in the Swann is not even close in food to the one in NYC. They come out with a big plate of fried egglplant, tons of garlic on it, olives and a big piece of cheese with great bread, i could eat that all night. here no...
im in no way saying there are not good meals in Disney, they are just limited on what they can do bases on turning the tables and costs.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
there is a place in Orlando that does this but its not kid friendly. called "better than sex", all deserts and wines. I would like to see a family friendly version though. On LBI in NJ they had a desert only restaurant called the "Show Place". the servers were very much like the 50's prime time in HS. Fun place.
Oooh Thanks for that info! I don't have kids, so that's perfect for my husband and I!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes, 24 hours. People love breakfast. Personally, being able to sit down at 7 in the evening and have a nice plate of french toast, bacon and eggs sounds awesome! And yes, agree with the silver car train/ diner setup..maybe model it after the diner in The Rocketeer or some other Disney movie that was set in those times.
Waffle House ?

Club Cooloholic

I was annoyed that the quick service isn't open earlier at the hotels. If they want us on our phones booking rides at 7AM at least let us get breakfast at 6AM or earlier.

Cmdr_Crimson

The most obvious one of course...Adding a seated character Dining on Sunset Blvd to...
p595n3e9b1c21.jpg

While this would switch the characters from Hollywood and Dine it would fit the venue and just imagine if you will how amazing it would have looked like..While the lobby check in area would have the Magic mirror to interact with the Guests waiting to enter, the characters would be within the dining area meeting and greeting guests..Similar to how Sci fi Dine In is on the opposite side they would play classic and Mouse Works shorts..
6405b169c8a003bb50185ea83156b2fb.jpg

There would also be a Fantasmic dining packages making a double Whammy for guests who would get dinner and a dessert after party..

And let's not forget that food of course!

Last edited:

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
The most obvious one of course...Adding a seated charcter Dining on Sunset Blvd to...
p595n3e9b1c21.jpg

While this would switch the characters from Hollywood and Dine it would fit the venue and just imagine if you will how amazing it would have looked like..While the lobby check in area would have the Magic mirror to interact with the characters would be within the dining area meeting and greeting guests..Similar to how Sci fi Dine In is on the opposite side they would play classic and Mouse Works shorts..
6405b169c8a003bb50185ea83156b2fb.jpg

There would also be a Fantasmic dining packages making a double Whammy for guests who would get dinner and a dessert after party..

And let's not forget that food of course!

Yasssss!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom