What Job?

Texas84

I'm thinking about that for retirement. I play unofficial tour guide already so I'm thinking something around guest assistance, helping with directions, etc. I could even help with Spanish and Japanese and maybe learn German again. I'd love to get one of those CM name tags with the languages on them. Might need some Portuguese though. :)

rob0519

As I was sitting here at my desk on my lunch break the thought occurred to me that my job drives me nuts sometimes. If you had the chance to work at WDW, what would you want to do?

The problem here is that any job that looks like fun at WDW would eventually turn into just a job, and not a very well paying one at that.

That being said, I would probably pick a Concierge position at the Contemporary or the Polynesian.
If we're playing pie in the sky, Middle Management up to VP of the Magic Kingdom.

Soarin2u

I'm thinking about that for retirement. I play unofficial tour guide already so I'm thinking something around guest assistance, helping with directions, etc. I could even help with Spanish and Japanese and maybe learn German again. I'd love to get one of those CM name tags with the languages on them. Might need some Portuguese though. :)

Hold on, ...........

あなたは日本語を話せますか⁇ ;)

私は韓国語と日本語を話す。

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Well, I do want to work at Disney. I'm getting a business degree so I can do just that. I'd like to work in Guest Relations for a while, managing for a while, maybe moving into quality control. Not exactly certain what I want to do within the company yet, but I guess I've got plenty of time to figure it out.

Soarin2u

すこし. Enough to point someone to the トイレ. Do not ask me to read kanji though. :)

One of my teachers was Korean. She said my accent was not bad for a gaijin. Hoping to go to TDL next year.

Eh, Kanji is a pain, it won't be necessary really when all you are doing is a wee bit of writing and mostly talking. I just wanted to see if you actually spoke Japanese or if you planned on learning it! If you you intended on learning it I would have given you a few tips! But that's awesome that you can speak it!

You will find TDL, to be different, I can't say much about TDL due to the fact Ive never been there in particular. TDS however is VERY different! It surely has a different magic, and experience. Its really beautiful and unique to any other park in the world. If you make a trip to TDL be sure to put TDS on there too.

GSP Guy

I am a boat captain in an industry that is heavily geared towards tourism and I have definitely thought several times that if any of the vessels at WDW were to require my licensing/credentials I would definitely jump at the opportunity if given the chance! Pay reduction would be just fine at this point and time!

fngoofy

As I was sitting here at my desk on my lunch break the thought occurred to me that my job drives me nuts sometimes. If you had the chance to work at WDW, what would you want to do?
Was thinking the same thing 11 years ago. Moved to Orlando, got a job at Disney Quest, I can tell you that the first thing I wished for was more money.
Unless you are a retiree, the front line $7.85/hr gig makes it tough to pay the bills. I never saw my wife due to schedule, so after 6 months I went back to my desk job.
If I had been in a park it might have turned out different, but I gotta say it is a young or older person's gig.
BUT, to answer your question, if I did it today I would take HM, or Monorail driver.

FettFan

Yes. As a matter of fact, I've been looking.

Unfortunately the only full time positions I've come across are DVC sales managers, both in Orlando and Anaheim. The problem is....
1. I'm three semesters away from graduating with my MA in history.
2. These are all entry-level full time positions...which means I'd most likely have to live off a handful of rice a week in order to move from Baton Rouge and afford to have a decent-ish apartment.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Great choice. I lived your dream at the Grand Floridian.
Of the many different positions I've had at WDW, that was the most fun and very interesting, but you better know WDW inside and out though.

Yep! That is the truth. But I'd qualify, been going since it opened and watched every there after be built year after year, the 90's were great times to be a guest. It is one of a handful of roles my DS applied for after graduating college.

Zweiland

If I could have any Disney related job, I would be an Imagineer. If I worked as a CM, I would work in the Hall of Presidents and impress people with my knowledge of president facts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom