What is your WDW touring style?

What is your WDW Touring Style?

• "Type A": Doing tons of research with a super tight schedule(that no one messes with).

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Semi-tight schedule of waking and sleeping, you just try to see as much as possible

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • Fairly structured...you have attractions that you DO NOT miss, but otherwise you are pretty relaxed

Votes: 57 55.9%
  • You just wing it.

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • You start out as Type A but by day 3 give up because you have officially hit "THE WALL"

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters

yankspy

We will generally plan which parks we will go to on which day. We never miss MK evening EMH. For a week long trip we will probably have about 5 or 6 ADR's, whether they be for breakfast or dinner. We usually wind up doing CS at least one night during the trip. The rest of the nights we just wing it for dinner and hit whatever TS is able to accomodate.

As far as the parks, we generally get there about 10:00 a.m. and leave for the afternoon at about 2:00.(unless we are at DAK) Then we will return at about 6:00 and stay til closing.

We also try and do one day at a park and then one day off. If we stay for eight days it works out. There may some days when have back to back park days because I usually like to spend two days at either MK or Epcot. :)

Edisto Pluto

We don't plan. We pick a park for each day and then park hop from there. We always atke a break in the middle of the day and then go to another park around 4 until we get tired.

doop

We don't really ever have a plan, but we know which attractions we want to ride/see and the ones we don't.

BillsFanGabe

Well personaly when I go to WDW I like to do everything that I can possibly do, That means being at the Parks from day to night. On the other hand my mother doesnt like my way of touring the parks at all, I'm always like what the heck we are at Disney, we got to do everything thats why we are here. My mother likes to relax and tour the parks at a clam pace, she likes to go swimming and stuff and just relax, so I'm pretty much the opposite. Who cares about swimming, the parks matter more!!!!

Disneykidder

Well, since this is not our frist trip coming up, we know our favorites and slow it down a bit. Yes, we have an adr for everyday and will know which park we'll be going to, but for what we will do and in what order...no. We just go with the flow there.

We usually sleep in a bit and take a morning swim and then hit the parks around 11. We will stay until 11, take a night swim and go to bed. Sometimes we will retreat to the hotel midafternoon for a change if we are sweaty and then head to dinner and parks again. We have one morning adr so we can see the opening at MK. That day we'll prob. head in a little earlier....but we shall see.:)

mouse_luv

Other than skipping the hottest hours of the day by going back to the hotel, and having to make the MK my first park VIA MONORAIL. I have no plans lol.
If we have ADR's then we do those, otherwise, we just let it happen. :):p

Cheshire413

We structure a little bit but only so we can get in the things that really matter to us like having dinner at Cinderella's Castle on our anniversary day and certain rides that we love. Otherwise, we wander around and just do whatever.

La la la la la....:ROFLOL:

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I am also fairly structured. We have 2 sit down meals planned and those are the only days we are going to be planning our days. We will just decide each day where we are going. More fun just in case you aren't in the mood for what ever you planned. Our first sit down is at Sci-Fi on our first day (arrival day) So we are going to DHS the first day. We also have a Tusker House character breakfast planned and obviously we will start off that day with Animal kingdom.

DizneyPryncess

I think the planning is a huge part of the fun - so I plan out restaurants I want to go to, rides I want to ride, hidden things I want to look for, etc.

Then when I get there, things will change due to weather, other people, EMH's, etc.

So I have this schedule, but then halfway through the trip we kind of just go about our day the best we can & have fun. I love having it all planned out though!

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
What we do is take as many friends with us as possible (last time we had 3 2-Bedrooom Villias at Boardwalk. Had a meet everyone dinner the first night. Than everyone got into groups each day and did they own thing. Different people we in each group each day. Everyone meet back at the Villas for drinks each night. What makes this so great is you do not get tired of being with the same people everyday and there is always someone that wants to do what you want to.

TakeMeThere81

Original Poster
DiznyPryncess: I agree that the planning is a huge part of the fun.

I've been researching the restaurants because there are so many and along with them different atmospheres and experiences. So I'm looking forward to trying all new restaurants. This time we're going to see the show at Ohana for the first time!

Disneykidder: I think it makes a huge difference when you've been there before. We're going to be way more relaxed this next time because we know the "ins and outs" of the World.

Honestly too there is no way you can see everything in 5 or sometimes even 7 days. So I'm excited to see some attractions we missed last time, such as all the food choices at Epcot, the Indiana Jones Stunt show at DHS, the Nemo Musical at DAK and Tom Sawyer Island at MK. We'll get to hang out at Downtown Disney too which we missed last time. Not to mention we'll be there during the holiday celebration :xmas: which brings just a ton of other new things to see too!

Ilovewishes

My DH makes an itinerary of what to do one what day...then I ruin it by wanting to go somewhere else as and when the fancy takes me!! Happens everytime!!!

wdwmomof3

I pretty much know before we even go where we will be each day, mainly from our ADR's. We are at each park when it opens and we hit the must dos and what ever the kids want to see & do along the way. So, I have the day planned but we always do whatever we feel like doing, when we feel like doing it. :)

Ivan72

We research park hours, EMH's etc and then plan our parks and secure our ADR's. We have can't miss attractions, but we go with the flow of the parks. If we can't see an attraction now, we'll catch in a while when it slows down. Also have to allow for swimming and relaxation time. We try to absorb details as much as we can these days.

Can't wait! 27 days!

PrincessBitty

With my mind on my money and my money on my mind...

:lookaroun

*wonders if any one will get that*
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

We go - go - go up as early and out as late as possible!! Must soak up every possible moment of disney-ness (we can sleep when we get back home!!)!! My DH and I have perfected the theme-park crowd bob-and-weave to get through the park to everything as efficiently as possible.

palmage

Total free style, our trips are no more than 2-3 days.

We like Epcot and MGM (it'll never be DHS) so we just hang around them mostly.

If we even make it to a park by noon I'm surprised. And we stay maybe 4-5 hours.

We love hanging at the resorts.

Harry456

Our style is semi-free style because they general rotate everything around rides.

-Wake up early (7-9 a.m)
-go to parks 10-11 a.m
-basically after this, it is "let's go to Splash Mountain!" we get fast-passes and then either ride the ride and/or ride every ride close to it. Now just apply that to other major attractions
-breaks: usually a dark ride or a show
-stay for fireworks and leave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom