What is your favorite must have souvenir??

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi All!

What is your absolute, must have, can't live with out souvenir from the World???

Along with the memories, I have to get that years popcorn bucket! :slurp: Also have to get a pic of my DH's face on TOT! :eek: And this year, i'm going to hit the kitchen gadgets - need to complete the collection! We also get a Christmas Ornament to designate that trip!

What's on your souvenir list?

:wave:

Star-Tourer

Like other members who posted earlier we keep the Resort info package , reciepts, room keys, tickets, wristbands, park napkins, bags, brochures...etc...

Every trip my girlfriend MUST have a Candy Apple (All Toppings) from Goofy's Candy Co. from Downtown Disney. :slurp: I prefer the giant Oreo Cookie.

I always try to get the latest Star Tours pin/s and any park related DVD's along with as much video footage as I can film of the park!

Upvote 0

WIX

I always get a new Mickey Mouse watch, sometimes two. I have 46 right now and wear a different one each and every day. That year's magnet and a bunch of pins. I also like to keep all of that year's maps with the rest of my trip details/itinerary in a trip envelope.

Upvote 0

no1swfanindy

Now this is the kind of thread I love reading on here. With so much negativity these days it's nice to find something to help uplift ones spirits!

As with most people we like to keep all of our KTW cards as well as all of the stuff in the info packet they send. We keep napkins, mugs, and all sorts of simple things including shopping bags!

We never got into Christmas ornaments but I did watch a CM at MK hand paint the year on several ornaments and was impressed with how skilled she was at her work. The true care in creating the image was very evident. That type of ornament would have more meaning to me than the machine stamped, mass produced type.

The one thing that I always buy for myself is a picture frame. Usually one with characters holding the picture or a frame with all of the park logos on it. I always take tons of pictures while there so it is alot of fun to look through all of the pics to find the best one to go in the frame.

Upvote 0

plaz10

a shotglass!
i have about 70 regular shotglasses from various places and disney being my FAVORITE of all places i bring one (and allow myself only one) each year.

i've got all 4 parks and an Italy pavilion.
next i'm going to look for Figment and/or RockNRoller Coaster

and continue to wish/hope they come out with more villian stuff!

Upvote 0

hrcollectibles

Maps, Schedules, The Check In Packet, napkins popcorn bucket. Not a big pin fan but if they have a pin that catches my eye then I get it. And I take tons of pictures

Upvote 0

hrcollectibles

a shotglass!
i have about 70 regular shotglasses from various places and disney being my FAVORITE of all places i bring one (and allow myself only one) each year.

i've got all 4 parks and an Italy pavilion.
next i'm going to look for Figment and/or RockNRoller Coaster

and continue to wish/hope they come out with more villian stuff!

I believe you mean toothpick holders :lookaroun I was shopping in Donwtown Disney and that what the Castmember called them....

Upvote 0

pcarathers

We always buy the resort pin for the particular resort we are staying in. My nephew always buys a photo of himself at the star wars gift shop that will put his face on any of the star wars characters.

Upvote 0

susan5027

I too enjoy this thread!!

I save the shopping bags (I still have the paper bags from Disneyland during the mid 60's) and my gotta have plushes. My first, bought by my dad in 1967-a Donald Duck that I slept with through my childhood years right up through college. It has been repaired many times and finally put away for safe keeping and a needed smile from a rough day at work. Every trip a new plush comes home and sits along side the rest of the Disney gang, but Donald still takes the top spot.

Oh, I kept all the price tags on as well, just to keep an historical perspective of prices--and quality.

Upvote 0

Star-Tourer

I always get a picture of myself riding on the Speeder Bike outside Star Tours every time we visit.

It's also a good tool to check how i'm aging each year! Compare with the previous years photo! :lol:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I always get a new Mickey Mouse watch, sometimes two. I have 46 right now and wear a different one each and every day. That year's magnet and a bunch of pins. I also like to keep all of that year's maps with the rest of my trip details/itinerary in a trip envelope.

WOW! That is a serious watch collection!! :lol:

Now this is the kind of thread I love reading on here. With so much negativity these days it's nice to find something to help uplift ones spirits!

As with most people we like to keep all of our KTW cards as well as all of the stuff in the info packet they send. We keep napkins, mugs, and all sorts of simple things including shopping bags!

We never got into Christmas ornaments but I did watch a CM at MK hand paint the year on several ornaments and was impressed with how skilled she was at her work. The true care in creating the image was very evident. That type of ornament would have more meaning to me than the machine stamped, mass produced type.

The one thing that I always buy for myself is a picture frame. Usually one with characters holding the picture or a frame with all of the park logos on it. I always take tons of pictures while there so it is a lot of fun to look through all of the pics to find the best one to go in the frame.

Thank you!!!! I love Disney and love shopping! Souvenirs here I come! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

scheat

Basically everything everyone has mentioned, but for that one favorite thing to answer the op's question, it's gotta be a video that contains the audio of the monorail spiel for that year. A lot of it's the same, but man that's the one thing that brings me back-I'm weird I know.

Upvote 0

Foolish1

For me, I have to have at least one or two bags. Plus, when they still produced the annual souvenir books that were worth buying, had to get that too. I still remember when the bags were paper, had printed images from the parks (not just the park logo) and when the annual souvenir books were hard cover. Oh, and have to save the ticket media from when I had to still buy tickets. (How many people can say they have tickets with the price of $16 on them still?)

Upvote 0

Prof. Aronnax

For me, I am not always able to find what I want, but anything new regarding 20,000 Leages. One year it was a set of pins, one year a litho, snowglobes, models, resin helmet, etc. But since the movie is rather antiquated, and the ride defunct, I am usually disappointed in finding something new.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Basically everything everyone has mentioned, but for that one favorite thing to answer the op's question, it's gotta be a video that contains the audio of the monorail spiel for that year. A lot of it's the same, but man that's the one thing that brings me back-I'm weird I know.

No, not weird at all! My DH and I always recite that to each other! And we both get so excited when we hear that on the monorail!!!

Upvote 0

Foolish1

For me, I am not always able to find what I want, but anything new regarding 20,000 Leages. One year it was a set of pins, one year a litho, snowglobes, models, resin helmet, etc. But since the movie is rather antiquated, and the ride defunct, I am usually disappointed in finding something new.

Perhaps that will change with the new movie that has been announced. (Though I'm not keen on Will Smith playing Captain Nemo. *ugh*)

Upvote 0

tookydo

I buy the pictures they take of us on the rides. Then of course I have to add a matching frame. I have one wall in my hallway devoted to my family on various Disney rides. Sometimes I actually take a picture of the picture when they display it on the monitors! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Pluto'sGrl

1. our refillable mugs...they're taking over the kitchen cabinet
2. the official music album (a lot of repeat songs but we still have to buy it every visit = once every few years)
3. photopass...we take pics everywhere with it and then buy the cd when we get home

Upvote 0

njDizFan

Everytime we go, we like to make it a quest. The first time we tried to fill up the whole autograph book. The next time we filled up a press-a-penny book. the next time was to collect as many pictures of hidden Mickey's we could find. Next time we plan on taking a day and go resort hopping and get a souvenier from each resort.

Also love the personalized maps from disney for each trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom