What is your favorite must have souvenir??

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi All!

What is your absolute, must have, can't live with out souvenir from the World???

Along with the memories, I have to get that years popcorn bucket! :slurp: Also have to get a pic of my DH's face on TOT! :eek: And this year, i'm going to hit the kitchen gadgets - need to complete the collection! We also get a Christmas Ornament to designate that trip!

What's on your souvenir list?

:wave:

KCBroadway

Like most people who already answered, I also collect Christmas ornaments. My tree is about 85% Disney right now (maybe more...). I always get a dated one and then usually a few others that I like. I also recently started collecting Jim Shore Disney figures so I will usually buy at least one when I visit. I collect all the Tinkerbell ones and have some additional ones that I have picked up in the parks. My favorite is a Disneyland exclusive replica of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. My husband actually bought this for me when he was out at Downtown Disney this past January. Unfortunately I was working back in RI while he was enjoying some QT with him brother who lives out in SoCal.

Upvote 0

Roxas

Map's, many, many maps.

I usually take 2 of each park, DTD and all the leaflets, one to read and one for posterity.

I have done this for the last 2-3 trips I've been on and plan to again in 3 weeks time!

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

My Family and I not only love everything Disney but we also have an affinity for Christmas. Every trip we make it a point to stop by the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe (MK), The Germany Pavilion, and Disney Days of Christmas to pick up ornaments for our Disney Christmas trees. They always are wonderful gifts and souvenirs.:xmas:

Upvote 0

KristieLC

The whole two times I have been, we have gotten Christmas ornaments. If the date isn't on it, we have them put it there for us. The first year was out honeymoon, so it was the bride and groom Minnie and mickey. This past year, we bought one for my husband and I, and one for out son. We also bought dated photo albums on both trips, so I am pretty sure that those two things will be "our souvenirs" on future trips too.

Upvote 0
Yes, a christmas ornament is a must. Tshirts, resort cups, photo album with the year on it and of course antenna toppers. I make a scrapbook for every trip, napkins, receipts, tags off merchandise, parking passes. I could go on and on. I savor the moments and the memories!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

KCBroadway

I make a scrapbook after each trip to Disney so I try to collect as many things to add as possible - room keys / park maps / dinner receipts. I also like to purchase a few photopass photos on each trip. I usually take TONS of pics myself, but they always do a great job!

Upvote 0

princessmelinda

We always get ride pictures and we always get those little penny machine squisher things (forgive me for not knowing the technical name!). We always bring plenty of pennies and quarters. My must-have ones are ones with Minnie, the Princesses, Pooh, Tigger, and Tink !

Upvote 0

Scooter

I usually try and stash a couple of Disney Paper plates and napkins in our suitcase every trip.

Then, a month or so before our NEXT trip, while my wife is at work, I fry up some chicken strips and fries and serve them on the Disney plates for a surprise dinner along with a Resort mug full of Diet Coke. Of course I have some Ken's Honey Mustard dipping sauce for the strips along with the Disney Napkins.:)

Upvote 0

eagleis4031

We love to get the souvenir them park book. Also pins of favorite activities. Penny press pennies. Also christmas ornaments is a must with the date. We also love to get park maps, room keys, napkins, bags, and anything from the room. We like to get the free dvd of that year as a souvenir. And last the customized maps that you can order from Disney with all that we did that year.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I usually try and stash a couple of Disney Paper plates and napkins in our suitcase every trip.

Then, a month or so before our NEXT trip, while my wife is at work, I fry up some chicken strips and fries and serve them on the Disney plates for a surprise dinner along with a Resort mug full of Diet Coke. Of course I have some Ken's Honey Mustard dipping sauce for the strips along with the Disney Napkins.:)

Oh! That is SO cute!!! What a fun idea!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We love to get the souvenir them park book. Also pins of favorite activities. Penny press pennies. Also christmas ornaments is a must with the date. We also love to get park maps, room keys, napkins, bags, and anything from the room. We like to get the free dvd of that year as a souvenir. And last the customized maps that you can order from Disney with all that we did that year.

Yeah! I just ordered ours! :sohappy: Did you see how they have a new option? They used to just have the bronzy gold "map" border. Now they have characters! I don't know if they are all the same - when you order, it just shows Dumbo - i'll find out in a couple of weeks when I get them!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Always keep my key to the world card each trip too! But I always have to get a new Christmas ornament and a magnet for the fridge... Trip isn't complete until I buy each!

Upvote 0

CBug88

We always get 'a few' (at least 5) new ornaments for the Christmas tree and I come back with some kind of article of clothing from the Puffins Roost in Norway (usually a Helly Hanson jacket) along with other odds and ends of stuffed animals, room keys, maps, jewerly, etc...and a scrapbook of course!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom