What is your favorite audio animatronic in ANY of the Disney parks and why????

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Out of so many things we love about the Disney parks, the AA's make a lot of the attractions come to life and memorable for us. So, here's the question:

What is your favorite audio animatronic in ANY of the Disney parks and why do you say so ??????

flynnibus

Premium Member
Easy... the Indiana Jones AAs at Disneyland. The hanging one is especially fun.

They are realistic, they serve a purpose, and they are believable.

3IAlienKid

I haven't been to WDW in a few years now so I haven't seen some of the ones already mentioned. So for now I'll go with the Carnotaurus in Dinosaur.

DisneysRedHead

The Auctioneer and the Red Head in POTC. I don't love them because they are technologically advanced or even because they are visually amazing (although I enjoy looking at them :)) They bring about my favorite disney memory that is kind of personal to my family and I. Every time we ride the ride and the pirate is auctioning her off, the other pirates shout "We wants the redhead!" My father would always point to my mother and say "She's right here!!" He didn't refer to me since I guess I was only a kid but now that I'm an adult he says "They're right here!"

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
The Auctioneer and the Red Head in POTC. I don't love them because they are technologically advanced or even because they are visually amazing (although I enjoy looking at them :))...
I've heard that the auctioneer is actually one of the most advanced AAs at WDW, because if they develop a new technology, they test it out on him. Anyone care to verify/debunk this theory?

DisneysRedHead

I've heard that the auctioneer is actually one of the most advanced AAs at WDW, because if they develop a new technology, they test it out on him. Anyone care to verify/debunk this theory?

I think that's true! I guess I worded it weirdly but I meant to say I don't love it because it is advanced. I love it for other reasons :)

LoriMistress

Easy... the Indiana Jones AAs at Disneyland. The hanging one is especially fun.

They are realistic, they serve a purpose, and they are believable.

At DLR IJ, the hanging one is the best one! At WDW it depends on the park. At MK I prefer the Bride at HM. She looks like Chucky's Bride, which is creepy. At AK, the Yeti, hands down--when it works. DHS, it's probably Judy Garland in TGMR. And Epcot...probably the family watching the moon landing in SSE.

in pirates, the guy on the bridge with the hairy leg. when I was younger he was the one I always looked for

That's too funny! I always looked for him when I was a kid. At DLR, the guy would spill his "booze" on you, and you would end up getting drenched if you were in the back row. I always enjoyed that.

EPCOTPluto

...But my favorite statue is the yeti.

164662788_3b528aef84.jpg

;)

prspeppers

horizonsurbanhabitatweb.jpg

As a musician, my favorite AA was the guy in Horizons making music on some sort of futuristic keyboard. I used to ask my parents if they could buy me one!

Blackie Pueblo

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=294726
Beat you to it. :D
It has been more than a years since the last comment, though, so...

It happens you know? Besides, sometimes the topic needs to be brought up all new because over time peoples answers change.

But anyway, I think honestly its hard to pick a fav but two of my favorites are Mark Twain and Benjamin Franklin in The American Adventure. They way they move so fluently. Heck, Ben Franklin even looks like he walks up stairs! Plus the fact Mark Twain and Ben Franklin's wit is something I love.

Acttually almost all the animatronics in this show are some of my favorites. They all move so realistically. I mean, George Washington's horse even swings its head like a real horse.

"Attractions will come to life through Audio-Animatronics..."
---Walter Elias Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom