What is the worst souvenir you've ever bought @ WDW?

Dads 2 Boys

Original Poster
We all normally love everything we buy @ WDW but I was wondering what the worst thing you've ever bought.

Mine is a set of four puzzles of the four park icons that I got in 2007. Almost every single piece is the same shape and size so you have virtually no idea if the pieces fit. I love puzzles and am pretty good at them and I hate these. :shrug:

scbb11Sketch

This is a great question, and I'm trying to think of something but I really can't! The worst souvenir is probably something I don't even remember that I have. It's probably something small like a keychain that I have misplaced over the years.
And now that I think about it, I built my own lightsaber at Downtown Disney. I love Star Wars and all, but I've never done anything with it, and it just sits in my closet. So that is probably the worst.

accord99cutie

Premium Member
My least favorite souvenirs are my mickey shaped plastic ice cubes... They just don't stay frozen long enough!!! My drinks are warm before I finish them if I use the mickey cubes instead of ice cubes :( I need a mickey shaped ice cube tray to resolve this issue!!!

Mrs.PhD

My least favorite souvenirs are my mickey shaped plastic ice cubes... They just don't stay frozen long enough!!! My drinks are warm before I finish them if I use the mickey cubes instead of ice cubes :( I need a mickey shaped ice cube tray to resolve this issue!!!

We used to use those as boo-boo cubes when the kids got hurt. I think they sucked all the water out of them, so they don't work anymore. I know this is not a good thing, but I haven't lost a kid yet! :lookaroun

I have to think a little more about the question. Give me a minute!

Scooter

My worst WDW purchase has to be the Sherman Brothers CD I bought at the Polynesian gift shop.

While there are indeed some great songs on it, most them are awful!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I think the stupidest thing I ever bought was Mr. Potato Head and whatever I could manage to stuff in the box accessory wise. I had grand visions of displaying him and dressing him up for various holidays. At this moment he is sitting in the box he came in with his tons of pieces collecting dust. Once I came down off my pixie dust high I came to the realization that a plastic potato just doesn't go with my home decor. :lookaroun I guess if I ever finish building that Disney shrine in my spare bedroom I could put him in there. Or maybe I'll just stick him on eBay and see what happens. :shrug:

Tiggerfanatic

Definitely that bouncy balloon ball thingy they sell as you're walking past the Character spot in Epcot. Bought it on our mother/daugher trip in '93 - let DD then 9 pick the one she wanted so it didn't have a single Disney reference on it, cost me close to 50 bucks by the time I bought the ball and extra balloons, brought it home and she & her little friend promptly knocked over a lamp and never played with it again.

wdwmomof3

I would have to say the Mickey ice tray. I can't get the ice out without breaking an ear off half the time.:rolleyes:

Also, for toys, Space Ship earth. It broke the same week he got it.

sweetpee_1993

I think the stupidest thing I ever bought was Mr. Potato Head and whatever I could manage to stuff in the box accessory wise. I had grand visions of displaying him and dressing him up for various holidays. At this moment he is sitting in the box he came in with his tons of pieces collecting dust. Once I came down off my pixie dust high I came to the realization that a plastic potato just doesn't go with my home decor. :lookaroun I guess if I ever finish building that Disney shrine in my spare bedroom I could put him in there. Or maybe I'll just stick him on eBay and see what happens. :shrug:

Its a little late now but you could use the Disney Tater Head parts on a tiny mini pumpkin for Halloween! Of course I've not done that with my Tater parts. I should've, tho!

minniemickeyfan

We bought a simiar puzzle that had Mickey Mouse as Fantasia on it and we could never get all the pieces to fit-especially the border as they were all the same color. There was really no good way to answer "Does this piece fit or not?"
It was probably the worst thing we have bought there.

DizneyPryncess

I bought a little handheld game that was shaped like mouse ears from the Disney Store at the airport about 8 years ago. It was for the plane ride home. It wasn't until I boarded the plane that I realized it was completely broken....and I couldn't really return it at that point! But really, almost all the souvenirs I've bought from Disney I have loved, so I let that one slide. :D

Susan Savia

Probably all the stuffed characters (Bambi, Mickey, Figment, etc.) my kids had to have every single year we went and they played with them for a little while after and then they sat on the bookcases in their rooms, gathering dust. Their in the mid 20's now. Maybe grandchildren (someday) will enjoy them????

TxNewsies

We get a magnet for every trip. DH picked out our last one and I HATE it! It's cool looking - it's a 3-d one of the castle. However - it's so big and bulky that it doesn't stay up on the fridge! It's always sliding down and get knocked off a lot! Very annoying!

wendysue

A picture frame that broke almost as soon as we got back home. Just taking it out of the box, actually. I don't buy any of that stuff anymore. :hurl:

Nemo14

We bought coffee mugs from "Germany" and the design wore off the first time we ran them through the dishwasher.

Bravo 229

I bought a DHS straw hat almost two years ago on the way out of the park because it was on clearance sale, and it sat in my closet never being worn until I gave it to my grandpa a few months ago. And a close second is the German style hat from the pavilion. I was drinking around the world on my 22nd birthday and by the time we got to Germany I couldn't read/see very well. I ended up buying a hat that was at least five sizes too small, so now I've got this hat that wont fit!

janoimagine

We all normally love everything we buy @ WDW but I was wondering what the worst thing you've ever bought.

Mine is a set of four puzzles of the four park icons that I got in 2007. Almost every single piece is the same shape and size so you have virtually no idea if the pieces fit. I love puzzles and am pretty good at them and I hate these. :shrug:

Great ... we just bought that puzzle set last trip. :lol:

One that I wish they would come back with is the Trivia Pursuit game, friends of ours have it and it really is pretty cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom