What is the worst Disney job?

Pocamahontas

To me the worst Disney Job would be one where you have to sit inside all day...rather than being out in the parks with the guests. Yes, inside has it's advantages...like air conditioning. But It's worth the smiling faces..it really is.

And I don't mean the managers or people that can come out as much as they like...I mean the people in costuming or something along those lines...who can't go on stage.

MiduraMagic4

I thought for sure it was going to be the guy that sames the same line on the monorail all day. I mean you think he would get irratable or his voice tired at some point, but even at 11pm he still managbes to speak in perfect Spanish. Interesting stuff to hear from the CMS tho

MKCP 1985

parking lot attendant. . . from June to September. :lookaroun

Imagine being outside the magic all day, every day, parking the cars for the people who are going in. :brick:

JML42691

The people who have to sort through all the trash looking for cameras and other valuables. I didn't think that they actually did this but CMs say that this is a job and I have readit at several other locations

doop

I'd have to say that custodial duties would have to be the worst, however I have heard that working Fantasmic is pretty rough.

davidpw97

When I was a CP there were two jobs no one wanted: Janitorial and Quick Service Food and Bev. However I could always find more people who liked Janitorial then Quick Service because they actually got to speak to people and had some time to actually relax.

I did quick service food on my CP and pretty much hated it. It is no fun when you don't get to be out with the people. I was working in a hot kitchen shoveling mickey shaped pizzas out of the oven into boxes for about 8 hours a day and it was no fun at all. If the pizzas hadn't been shaped like mickeys, I could have been working at pretty much any pizza place in the world. If i'm going to work at Disney, I would much rather do something that I can only do at Disney.

Tom Morrow

Most people I've talked to in Custodial say its really not that bad. They basically work at their own leasure and pace, get frequent breaks, and are always walking around, able to interact with guests, where as everyone else has to stay at their resturant/store/attraction.

I feel sorry for anyone in Quick Service Foods. You either work outside or work in a hot kitchen, you can't make any magic because no guests care about anything at the counter other than getting their food as quickly as possible.

One thing, though, since custodial and quick service foods are the hardest to get people to do, the pay is slightly more.

I, personally, also couldn't do parking, but a lot of them say its not that bad. In the end, the people you work with can make or break a less than desirable job.

maggiegrace1

I did Mousekeeping for a week at The Carribean Beach and I hated it...:(

Making peoples beds and cleaning the bathrooms and stuff is not fun..and you had to do so many rooms in a day..

Im so glad they moved me after the first week..

Pseybert

I did the CP as a custodian in Fall 06. I LOVED my job. I walked around Downtown Disney all day, and talked to guests. I also did a lot of pin trading. I had the best job by FAR our of anyone I talked too.

I took breaks when I wanted, and worked at my own leisure. This upcoming semester I've been cast as an "operations" cast member. But I have a feeling I will be begging them to give me my custodian job back.

lilmizpixie3

parking lot attendant. . . from June to September. :lookaroun

Imagine being outside the magic all day, every day, parking the cars for the people who are going in. :brick:
I would have to agree that parking lot attendant would be the worst job...I mean have you ever parked at a resort? People turn into retards when they are told where to go in a car. Its like herding a bunch of sheep...

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Custodial has to be brutal. I worked in this field many years ago and it was bad.

I saw a poor CM who had the job of cleaning up after someone got sick on Primeval Whirl in the car. Talk about the worst job. I don't know about any of you, but I could NEVER do that in the hot sun........:hurl:

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom