What is the worst Disney job?

Number_6

I worked as Resort Dispatch at the Boardwalk(the guy that hands you your keys at the valet booth or sends the bellmen to your room). For the most part, not a bad job, pretty easy as long as people remember to get the last name of the guest and make of the car. There were only two parts to that job I didn't like. The first was directing the cars that are pulling up to where they need to go. At Boardwalk there is an inner and an outer location for cars to pull up. The inner one is for hotel guests or anyone wanting valet service. The outer one is for taxis/shuttles/etc who are picking up or dropping off guests. I nearly got run over more times than I care to count and almost had a Mears Shuttle driver start throwing punches at me because I wouldn't let him pull up to the valet area. The other time I didn't like it was when I would be scheduled until closing. There was only on person for Resort Dispatch and maybe two valets on duty until 2:30am. When all the clubs at Boardwalk closed down, you would get a rush of about 30 cars or so that needed to be retrieved by the two valets. Plus the Dispatcher would have to do all the closing procedures for the night, which if you are fast takes about 20-30 minutes, but since I never got the training for it took me the first night over an hour to go through.

Actually, custodial is one of the best jobs to have, I think. You have a lot of freedom - walking around the park, talking to guests all day, rather than being restricted to the same spot every day. During my CP, my roomates (1 worked in an arcade, 1 in costuming) constantly told me they were jealous of my job! Also, after spending so much time in the heat, going inside to clean a restroom is a nice break every now and again!

I think quick service f&b, guests relations and resort front desk must be pretty tough. On a more personal note, I don't think I could stand working on IASW or JIYI lol!

Amen brother! Custodial or Showkeeping is definitely one of the best jobs. The freedom is wonderful. You roam around in your area and talk to guests, and my favorite thing to do was take pictures for guests. I worked in SK at Studios Spring 06 and I loved working in the area around the hat cause I could always walk in front of the hat and take pictures for guests (I love Photography and had a couple guests tell me I took better pictures for them than Photopass LOL).

Oh! And my other favorite thing to do was when the carts that sell the light up toys came out I would grab the thing that you spin and it makes messages in the air (can't remember what its called but I have 2 of them). Anyways, I would program fun messages in them and walk around. Messages like "I Love Mickey!", "WDW Rocks!" or "My Arm Hurts!" LOL. I always had people coming up and asking where they could buy one and i'd point them to the cart.

Oops, i'm off topic. I guess what i'm saying is SK allowed you the most freedom to provide that great Disney experience that guests expect. We pin trade, we're walking information desks, and alot of times we're having as much fun as guests are because we're making people happy. Sure we have to clean up a protein spill (which pretty much covers any kind of bodily fluid other than blood, those are BBP cleanups which we handle too) sometimes but for me it was a change of pace. And if it was on a ride, I was racing to clean it up cause that meant 1) you got to go inside and chill in the AC and 2) in my area if we had a cleanup in the car of Great Movie Ride, you got to clean it while riding :D

I will always treasure my memories of being a Showkeeper (as you can probably tell I love to talk about them) and can't wait to move back to Florida to be a Showkeeper again. Start in Showkeeping and work my way up the corporate ladder. Oh and our costumes are very slick in comparison to other Disney costumes.

One more thing and I promise i'm done...If a future CP is reading this and that acceptance letter arrives with Custodial (SK) as your position, don't look at it as being "Stuck" in the position, I considered it a privilege to be a Showkeeper. Give it a try and you won't regret it. :wave:

-Jake

wvdisneyfamily

:eek: I was a housekeeper at Disney for two years it was hard and nasty work, you would not belive how nasty some people can be.
Welcome to the boards!
I imagine it would be horrible. Which of the resorts is the worst to housekeep in? My immediate thought would the All-Stars because of all the tour groups.

sarabi

Quick service food and beverage isn't great, but it isn't all that bad either. I worked outdoor foods as a CP, and after getting used to the heat and long hours, I liked it.
Again, there's a lot of guest interaction and you get to be outside (which some days is great, and some days is not). It's not for everyone, though. It's a lot of physical work, surprisingly, and then standing all day in the heat. Or the rain. Or the tropical storm. And the shifts were ALWAYS longer than 8 hours. Usually more like 10-12 hours.

MonorailFreak

I worked at Restaurantosaurus in Animal Kingdom. It was absolutely horrible. Other than my fellow CPs and CMs, it was awful. Imagine going to Disney World in hopes of working with guests and "creating magic" and being thrown into a hot kitchen for 40+ hours a week. The only good role at ROS was bussing because I got to pin trade and talk to guests. Cleaning up protein spills was not as fun.

I was a role hopper, so I had two roles. The other one was main entrance merchandise and strollers. Merchandise/Merchantainment was awesome. Strollers was not. It was basically just physical labor stacking and unstacking these huge plastic strollers all day. The only fun part was doing ECV runs. This is where a guest's ECV (electric convenience vehicle) breaks down in the park and you get to drive them a new one. So it was basically a 15-30 min break riding an ECV around Animal Kingdom. I would take frequent detours.

Long story short, QSR is the worst job/role in Disney World. Hand down!

DisneyPirate85

What about being a desk clerk at the Value resorts?

I once heard a cast member, when asked about that job, respond with "Just shoot me now."

:)

I spoke at depth with a Manager in Training at a Pop this year and they said it is awefull at the Value Resort! With lower income guests staying there they want everything there $$ can get them. Are treated pretty rough by guests there. Too Bad, we had a great time at POP but you could definately see were some of those ppl were just AWEFULL to the CM's...:eek:

I would love to work for Disney in some way one day, but I would have to say shoveling the turds the horse leaves around Main Street would have to stink! :hurl:

hls1023

I spoke at depth with a Manager in Training at a Pop this year and they said it is awefull at the Value Resort! With lower income guests staying there they want everything there $$ can get them. Are treated pretty rough by guests there. Too Bad, we had a great time at POP but you could definately see were some of those ppl were just AWEFULL to the CM's...:eek:

Lower income?:confused:

hls1023

Assuming that everyone that stays at POP Century is LOW INCOME. that's a pretty big assumption to make.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom