What is the worst Disney job?

SallyShine

Original Poster
I was thinking about lousy jobs at Disney. I wouldn't want to clean bathrooms or hotel rooms. Then I started thinking about difficult jobs. What are the positions that are mentally stressful, physically demanding or just plain hard?

raven

I was thinking about lousy jobs at Disney. I wouldn't want to clean bathrooms or hotel rooms. Then I started thinking about difficult jobs. What are the positions that are mentally stressful, physically demanding or just plain hard?

I would think that Guest Services has it's good and bad days. It's always fun to hear how people love the parks and wanting to help them plan their day but it's got to be difficult to calm bad attitudes as well. :(

Lindsy1052

Extremely stressful is the Reservation Center..worked their for over 9 years and that's why most of us left. They have about an 87% attrition rate.

Nemo14

Extremely stressful is the Reservation Center..worked their for over 9 years and that's why most of us left. They have about an 87% attrition rate.
Wow - i wouldn't have thought that would be that stressful - helping people book their vacations?

santa's surpriz

Back when I did my college program over ten years ago, a friend from I think WSU did maintence on Main Street. Per a guest request, he had to dig in the trash. What his hand landed in was not mouse pooh. Something way worse! In my mind that is definitely the ickiest job at Disney!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Wrist-banding at Pleasure Island.

I almost quit my CP when they told me that's what I would be doing. My ex is an alcoholic and I can't stand drunk people - and have to put up with it with a smile on my face. I also do not like the music they play at BET or Motion and wouldn't be able to tolerate standing outside of that specific club all night long.

Thank GOD they moved me down to Cirque when I threatened to quit.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

Really? That's disappointing news. I was hoping to work at DRC when I move back to FL. Feel free to PM me to elaborate why it's so bad - I'm curious.

Chezman1399

When I was a CP there were two jobs no one wanted: Janitorial and Quick Service Food and Bev. However I could always find more people who liked Janitorial then Quick Service because they actually got to speak to people and had some time to actually relax.

DisneyGigi

Well, for me it would have to be restroom/cleaning up duty. I am sort of a germ/clean freak and people can be so nasty! I could not do it :eek: *Big Thank you*
That is why I tip and make sure I say thank you to people that I see that are cleaning up! :D

josh_e_washie

AMEN to the DRC! I was a pro. intern there with CDS. We referred to it as the place where 'The Magic Ends'. I mean being off I-Drive and everything...it's sketchy! And it also always smelled down near the bathrooms near the sales floor....:dazzle:

josh_e_washie

Well, for me it would have to be restroom/cleaning up duty. I am sort of a germ/clean freak and people can be so nasty! I could not do it :eek: *Big Thank you*
That is why I tip and make sure I say thank you to people that I see that are cleaning up! :D

When I was a pro. intern one of my friends had done a CP as janitorial. My favorite quote from him:

"If it comes from your body...I've cleaned it up".

WOW.
:hurl:

Captain Hank

I can think of one mentally stressfull job in particular. It's the unload position at Journey into Imagination With Figment, affectionately nicnamed "Spark in the Dark." Basically, the cast member stands in the corner of a pitch black room, waiting for the next train to come in. Then, the fiber optic lights come up as the train enters along with a blast of the last verse of "One Little Spark." The train unloads, the guests leave, the room goes pitch black...aaaaaaaannd, repeat! It sounds like a form of psychological torture.

Originally, I thought that stroller rental was one of the most undesirable jobs. Then, I actually worked at Epcot's stroller rental this past summer. It actually wasn't that bad. It was physically intense, especially at night and in the morning, and it was definately no-frills (and very, very hot!). But, I had a great cast to work with, so it didn't seem bad at all. I had my share of angry/furious guests, but you'll get that anywhere.

dinodak

Stroller rental at MK. Absolute nightmare. I would imagine quick service food and beverage has to be pretty rough too, but I never had the opportunity.

wvdisneyfamily

The worst job has to be any CM that has to work at all during July - the month of tour group torture.
I saw a Leno skit once where he said working at It's A Small World was possibly the worst job ever.
My husband says the worst job is being Tinker Bell when she has to fly.

jiminy.cricket

Really? That's disappointing news. I was hoping to work at DRC when I move back to FL. Feel free to PM me to elaborate why it's so bad - I'm curious.

Me too! I met someone who loved it there and I was thinking about trying it out someday!

I can think of one mentally stressfull job in particular. It's the unload position at Journey into Imagination With Figment, affectionately nicnamed "Spark in the Dark." Basically, the cast member stands in the corner of a pitch black room, waiting for the next train to come in. Then, the fiber optic lights come up as the train enters along with a blast of the last verse of "One Little Spark." The train unloads, the guests leave, the room goes pitch black...aaaaaaaannd, repeat! It sounds like a form of psychological torture.

That does sound pretty creepy...

QSFB is kind of a tough job and physically/mentally demanding (especially in the summer), but the people I worked with were a huge part of the reason I was able to stick it out. It really doesn't seem so bad once you get used to it. I can't imagine doing Outdoor Foods, though. I'm glad I was indoors at least part of the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom