What is the strangest thing another guest has asked you in the parks?

DisneyLeo18

1-In the library of ToT "Is this the ride?". I of course replied "Yep, and I'd hold onto something."

2-Two southern girls asked "Where are you guys from?"
Me: "Long Island"
Them:"Oh, that must be in Jersey".:brick:

Lastly, apparently I resemble a rapper, and a group of young teenagers asked to take their picture with me and I signed a hat. :lookaroun

rsoxguy

Back when the food court in The Land Pavilion consisted of several different restaurants, I was in line at one of them when a tourist from England asked me the question "what is a bagel?" It took me a few seconds to consider an accurate and helpful answer. I just didn't want to say "bread product shaped like a doughnut". I guess common foods in the U.S. are not quite as common in the U.K.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Back when the food court in The Land Pavilion consisted of several different restaurants, I was in line at one of them when a tourist from England asked me the question "what is a bagel?" It took me a few seconds to consider an accurate and helpful answer. I just didn't want to say "bread product shaped like a doughnut". I guess common foods in the U.S. are not quite as common in the U.K.

Well, now I'm curious. How did you describe it? I think "bread shaped like a doughnut" is rather accurate! :D

rsoxguy

Well, now I'm curious. How did you describe it? I think "bread shaped like a doughnut" is rather accurate! :D

I told him that it was similar to bread, but it had a harder exterior with a softer interior. I did tell him that it was shaped similar to a doughnut, but also that it took more effort to eat because most people cut it in half horizontally and put some type of spread on the inside, eating it by halves.
How did I do? :)

RiversideBunny

I never had a bagel till I was in my 30's and went to NYC.
We just didn't grow up with them. We had doughnuts.

:)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
"Where'd you get that Pete's Dragon shirt?"

(Here's the shirt I had on... :brick: :hammer: )

Attachments

• WDW Birthday Shenanigans 076.jpg
    WDW Birthday Shenanigans 076.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 95

Kristoff

A couple years ago, i was at Magic Kingdom eating my first turkey leg. After a few bites, i had realized i wasn't a fan and was about to throw it away at a trash can near Liberty Tavern.

Just as i was about to throw it out, this 25ish year old guy asked if i was really gonna throw it away and if he could have it. I had to decline of course but i was thinking to myself :hurl: think of the germs from someone you don't know.

KCBear

A couple years ago, i was at Magic Kingdom eating my first turkey leg. After a few bites, i had realized i wasn't a fan and was about to throw it away at a trash can near Liberty Tavern.

Just as i was about to throw it out, this 25ish year old guy asked if i was really gonna throw it away and if he could have it. I had to decline of course but i was thinking to myself :hurl: think of the germs from someone you don't know.

So he asked if he could have your trash and you said no and threw it in the bin anyway? That's kind of harsh...

Kristoff

So he asked if he could have your trash and you said no and threw it in the bin anyway? That's kind of harsh...

Yes it was kind of harsh looking back, but for sanitary reasons i couldn't in good conscience let him eat it. I explained to him my reasons and he seemed to understand and we left on good terms.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I told him that it was similar to bread, but it had a harder exterior with a softer interior. I did tell him that it was shaped similar to a doughnut, but also that it took more effort to eat because most people cut it in half horizontally and put some type of spread on the inside, eating it by halves.
How did I do? :)

Wow. I am impressed. :wave:

castlecake2.0

Try being asked this one when it is 80 outside and you are walking down Sunset wearing a suit.

Do you work here?

No. No I don't. I just put the name tag on and wear a suit on a hot humid Orlando summer day. These are my park touring clothes.

Replace Sunset with the 'canadian wilderness' and suit with lumberjack costume... I got it all the time, I dont understand:shrug:

Chu-Chi Face

:lookaroun Not sure which part of the UK this 'Brit' was from.

I'm impressed with your accurate description too, although just to prove that we are cultured enough to eat bagels over here, a Northern England response to such a question would probably go something like this....

'its a bun w'an 'ole in it!'.

MrX8991

I haven't been asked too many strange questions, but I've heard a lot of strange things. Question-wise, my strangest would have to be "Is this ride scary?" just as we were ready to board the Tower of Terror.

LoriMistress

"Can you take our picture?"

I know, doesn't sound strange. However, this often asked question lead to a strange experience for me.
My wife was using the restroom so I parked myself at the closest bench. A young couple asked me if I could take their picture. "Absolutely" was my response. They stood there and I told them to say, "Mickey Mouse." SNAP. They thanked me. However, another couple was standing right next to me and asked me the same question. "Sure." I had nothing better to do. This one took a bit longer as they had some trouble with their older camera. After a couple of takes, we got it. I turned around and to my horror, a line of about 8 people had formed waiting for me to take their pictures:lookaroun. I said, "Sorry folks, I have other things to do." A woman looked at me all disgusted and said, "Don't you work here?" Uh....no. Does Disney uniform their photographers in "Three Stooges t-shirts, khaki shorts and sandals? It was just a very "odd" situation.
That's pretty funny.

RiversideBunny

I've noticed that if you stop somewhere in a park and take a photo, other people will come up and want to get the same shot with their cameras.

It's fun sometimes to stop and do that where there really isn't anything special.

:)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

They were probably confused by the absence of cheese.

SuperSaint

While looking at an animal exhibit near the tree of life, I think it may have been otters or just rather large fish (but not dolphin sized by any means):

"Wow, are those dolphins?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom