what is the next attraction being removed

jessfriends

I guess this thread is turning into Kennywood Memories:ROFLOL: ...I wish Noah's Ark would go back to its pre 1996 refurb when you used to go thru a whales mouth to enter. Those were the days:) ... Does anybody remember when the Gold Rusher used to load on the ground? It did for one year until Raging Rapids was built:cool:

LOL! I was just thinking about Noah's Ark and the whale's mouth right after I posted my last post. I miss that too...it was my favorite part...walking on the tongue...I don't remember the Gold Rusher loading on the ground. :confused: I guess it is because I was born when the Raging Rapids first opened (1985 according to wikipedia). I never new that! Very interesting.

Timekeeper

New Ride

I heard (from a WDW bus driver) that there will be a new attraction to replace the Wand. I was, unfortunately, one of the vast majority who never got the opportunity to ride the Wand.

Anyhow, WDW Imagineers have apparently come up with a hybrid concept, combining Spaceship Earth and The Making of Me show (from the Wonders of Life pavilion) to create "Spaceship Birth."

No word yet as to whether Martin Short will be participating in this new attraction.

:sohappy:

Tk

sillykid

I'm sure I was being sarcastic. I have been known to use sarcasm in at least a handful of my 8000 posts...
ITSC, I just need to say, after a long day at work I finally get to sit down and read WDWMAGIC. You make my day. It is the blunt, funny straight forward people like you that make me want to read. Keep it up. Your sarcasm is greatly appreciated from Chicago. I still have yet to look into what Boulder Dash is, but knowing your track record I gotta check it out.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
WoL needs to be gutted and tore down.. and something put in its place... before there is even talk of an Energy refurb.

Stupid Body Wars, stupid Making of Me.

sillykid

WoL needs to be gutted and tore down.. and something put in its place... before there is even talk of an Energy refurb.

Stupid Body Wars, stupid Making of Me.
Agree 100%. Gold is out, platinum is in. Give me a new dome. And give me more then a place to hold F&W festival.

CarlHS

I am such an idiot...I can't believe I forgot about the worst excuse for a ride and a tremendous pollutant...The INDY CARS NEED TO GO...GET INTO THE 21ST CENTURY, GET RID OF THOSE SMELLY, NOISY CARS, AND GET A REAL RIDE IN THERE...BRING BACK 20,000 LEAGUES!!!

YES! YES! YES!

And then replace SM with a new single extended track...

CarlHS

I heard (from a WDW bus driver) that there will be a new attraction to replace the Wand. I was, unfortunately, one of the vast majority who never got the opportunity to ride the Wand.

Anyhow, WDW Imagineers have apparently come up with a hybrid concept, combining Spaceship Earth and The Making of Me show (from the Wonders of Life pavilion) to create "Spaceship Birth."

No word yet as to whether Martin Short will be participating in this new attraction.

Tk

Every time I queued up to ride the wand the line just never moved. I think they are closing it due to technical issues...

TikiBeckie

well bcuz u designed sumthin 2 replace it i guess it shud go. ur right its totally lame and is gettin old quick!! herbie is a good idea becuz u sit in him and race. 2 cool dude. its also great cuz the movie was lame and didnt do well. that shuld replace test track.

:lol: :ROFLOL: :lol: :ROFLOL: :lol:

I laughed for minutes at this. Yeah, they're totally gonna get rid of test track dude, and replace it with a Herbie ride. Thanks for the great response TetTrack!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Tk

Will it be a Fastpass attraction? I could see this being quite popular.

courtfran

come on now

First of all, "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of everyday! It's a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow is just a dream away." If they got rid of Carousel of Progress, I would cry.:veryconfu Second off, Test Track sucks and they should get rid of it. When I was there in July, the wait was 120 min. That's ridiculous and can't believe people were actually waiting that long! :brick:

Krimedog

First of all, "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of everyday! It's a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow is just a dream away." If they got rid of Carousel of Progress, I would cry.:veryconfu Second off, Test Track sucks and they should get rid of it. When I was there in July, the wait was 120 min. That's ridiculous and can't believe people were actually waiting that long! :brick:

lets see... why test track had 120 minute wait time
1.) Its summer, bigger Crowds
2.)One of the Best rides in Disney and the Best in Epcot (notice Epcot really only has two good thrill rides, at least to me, soarin and test track)
3.)You didnt get a fastpass

Anyway, CoP should stay, walt loved it, he wanted it, and its a great relaxer on those hot summer days, and kind of catchy too. Test track will probably be their for a while down the line. The dinorama thing in AK is their to subdue crowds, so basically those rides people may not like, but people ride them. It makes the other over populated areas (kilimanjaro, Everest etc) easier to walk through when theirs another part of the park with a coaster.

What should go
1.) Sounds Dangerous
2.)Nemo the Musical- Tarzan was better
3.)The other nemo ride is not that good, but it will stay, i think it should go
4.)Poohs playful spot
5.)Iindy speedway should stay, but they need to change the cars, and use a different method besides gas
6.)Stichs great escape
7.)Country bears

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Where are these "rumors" that Test Track is leaving coming from? Aside form Soarin', it's the most popular ride in the park.

jt04

Where are these "rumors" that Test Track is leaving coming from? Aside form Soarin', it's the most popular ride in the park.

Because some backstage deconstruction has been taking place. My guess is that is for an addition to the pavillion, not a removal. But that is just a guess at this point. Anyone know more:veryconfu

goofyfan13

While you may think it sucks, the fact that it had a 120 minute wait shows how popular the attraction still is. I highly doubt they are going to close the second most popular attraction in Epcot.

JWG

Anyway, CoP should stay, walt loved it, he wanted it, and its a great relaxer on those hot summer days, and kind of catchy too.

While I agree it should stay (and get a major overhaul - new voices new scenes the whole deal), not because Walt loved it. Walt was about progress, change and the future. To keep something the same as it was in 1964 seems contrary to how Walt operated Disneyland.

What should go
1.) Sounds Dangerous
4.)Poohs playful spot
5.)Iindy speedway should stay, but they need to change the cars, and use a different method besides gas
6.)Stichs great escape
7.)Country bears

1) As good as gone isn't it? Not renewing with Drew Carey.
2) Nemo gets massive crowds and the line starts an hour before the show. I think this is staying and could be the next Broadway musical.
3) You mean at Epcot? Yes, it's terrible. It's 5-10 minutes of just listening to "Nemo! Nemo? Nemo! Nemo! Nemo?"
4) That will go in time when a permanent attraction takes over all of 20k
5) It's ripe for a "Cars" makeover since Tommorowland is going to Pixar.
6) Yup, this very on the cheap rework of Alien Encounter leave a lot to be desired - even more evidenced by the 5-10 minute wait in July.
7) I think they could get by with a nice makeover. Clean up the bears, smooth out the AA movement and maybe change up the show a bit. Be careful, it seems all new attractions have movie tie-ins so getting rid of the Bears means we'll have rats... :p

Test Track is good, it just needs to be brought into this time period. Thought I thought GM was dissatisfied with it? That could push things a bit.

MickeyJman06

Original Poster
lets see... why test track had 120 minute wait time
1.) Its summer, bigger Crowds
2.)One of the Best rides in Disney and the Best in Epcot (notice Epcot really only has two good thrill rides, at least to me, soarin and test track)
3.)You didnt get a fastpass

Anyway, CoP should stay, walt loved it, he wanted it, and its a great relaxer on those hot summer days, and kind of catchy too. Test track will probably be their for a while down the line. The dinorama thing in AK is their to subdue crowds, so basically those rides people may not like, but people ride them. It makes the other over populated areas (kilimanjaro, Everest etc) easier to walk through when theirs another part of the park with a coaster.

What should go
1.) Sounds Dangerous
4.)Poohs playful spot
6.)Stichs great escape
7.)Country bears
for you
1: agree
2: never been to disney since 2005 have to see it
3: can we keep 1 nemo attraction?
4: agree, just go to the nearby toon park
5: :confused:
6: dis agree
7: AGREE SO BADDD! i want country bears gone!!!!!:fork:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
for you
1: agree
2: never been to disney since 2005 have to see it
3: can we keep 1 nemo attraction?
4: agree, just go to the nearby toon park
5: :confused:
6: dis agree
7: AGREE SO BADDD! i want country bears gone!!!!!:fork:

6: disagree with your disagree
7: I want it to stay! If you don't like it then don't go!! :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom