what is the next attraction being removed

KevinPage

Uh....Thanks for giving me information about an amusement park I care nothing about.... :lol:

KENNYWOOD rules. And I'm not even a PA native. When I lived on Long Island we flew out to KW for the opening of Phantom's Revenge and then drove the 16 hour round trip next year, since the park was so much fun.

KW is my first "corndog" experience. You can't put a price on that memory :D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
KENNYWOOD rules. And I'm not even a PA native. When I lived on Long Island we flew out to KW for the opening of Phantom's Revenge and then drove the 16 hour round trip next year, since the park was so much fun.

What you never had a Krystal Cornpup? :eek:

KevinPage

I've always wanted to go to Kennywood, is it any better than Hershey or Dorney Park?

From a classic wooden coaster standpoint, YES. If you're not into wooden roller coasters and prefer ones with loops and bright fancy colors Dorney is better.

Kennywood is more of a family style "local" park with kick butt classic rides. Dorney is like a better version of Six Flags.

Hershey is kinda like a combo of both with other things to do in the local area.

Why not try all 3? KW is by Pittsburgh, so you're talking like 4 hours from Hershey, and nothing else to do there outside of KW. But that doesn't bother me as I enjoy the park so much.

doop

I am a fan of Wooden Coasters, the Wildcat and Lightning Racer are my two favorite rides at Hershey, and was very upset when they removed Hercules from Dorney. Looks like I need to make a trip out to Pittsburgh.

goofyfan13

I'm not saying it's a bad park, I just have no interest in it. I've got Cedar Point 2 hours away when I'm home for the summer, and that makes me more than happy. :D

KevinPage

I am a fan of Wooden Coasters, the Wildcat and Lightning Racer are my two favorite rides at Hershey, and was very upset when they removed Hercules from Dorney. Looks like I need to make a trip out to Pittsburgh.

Jack Rabbit, a pretty basic coaster is one of my favorite, especially at night. The lap bar is fixed into positio and you wear a lether seatbelt, feels very "free" in a good way and the drops make you fly out of the seat, pure joy!!!!!!

The Racer is great if you go with friends ad sit in opposing trains, this way during the turnarounds on the ride you can reach across and "slap fives", big tradition on that ride. I don't remember NOT doing that on that ride.

The Thunderbolt is a classic wooden coaster with grass and such growing through the track. The turnarounds are viscious and again, another classic with plenty of thrills.

Phantom's Revenge will satisfy your fast & big steel coaster urge.

Then you have The Old Mill, a 100 year old dark ride via boat.

I love Cedar Point as well, but you really are going there to be overloaded with coasters, STEEL ONLY & the sheer amount of rides (and the requisite crowds). Cedar Point isn't a wooden coaster lovers paradise by any means.

:D :D :D

doop

Cedar Point would be quite a road trip for me, but if I were to purchase a season pass to Dorney Park I could also get into Cedar Point seeing as they're both owned by Cedar Fair. Could be very worth it..

goofyfan13

Cedar Point would be quite a road trip for me, but if I were to purchase a season pass to Dorney Park I could also get into Cedar Point seeing as they're both owned by Cedar Fair. Could be very worth it..

If you do go try stay in the area and make it a weekend, even though it's one park there is a lot to do there. Now, it's no where near the level of Disney, but with 17 coasters(2 are kiddie coasters), and I think 69 rides, it's hard to hit everything in 1 day. Plus they have a pretty decent water park. :wave:

The new coaster they just built is the bomb-diggity too. :ROFLOL:

doop

If you do go try stay in the area and make it a weekend, even though it's one park there is a lot to do there. Now, it's no where near the level of Disney, but with 17 coasters(2 are kiddie coasters), and I think 69 rides, it's hard to hit everything in 1 day. Plus they have a pretty decent water park. :wave:

The new coaster they just built is the bomb-diggity too. :ROFLOL:
Noted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom