What is the funniest thing you overheard another guest say in WDW?

jennc2001

We were waiting for a bus at Pop Century and we overheard a man ask the driver if the bus is going to Cocoa Beach!:ROFLOL:We use that line all the time and just laugh.

When I was a Cast Member, a guest asked me when it was gonna stop raining.:shrug:He got mad and walked off. I could hear him telling his wife that if they (Disney) didn't stop the rain then they would have to leave.

Wow!! Seriously? Stop the rain? When did the CM's at Disney become God??

BrerFrog

I know I've told this story before, but it's still the most jaw-dropping thing I've ever heard someone say.

I was in Epcot years ago, walking in that area between FW and WS. I had stopped for some reason and overheard a group near me. A man is looking at SSE and says, "I can't believe they tore down that beautiful castle and put up that stupid ball!" I looked at him and was about to laugh, thinking he was joking, but I stopped because he looked confused and dead serious. The other people in his group just kinda shrugged and they all moved on. I was standing there like this: :eek:

Well, at least they did not replace it with an enormous hat. :lookaroun

sorcerergoofy

I know I've told this story before, but it's still the most jaw-dropping thing I've ever heard someone say.

I was in Epcot years ago, walking in that area between FW and WS. I had stopped for some reason and overheard a group near me. A man is looking at SSE and says, "I can't believe they tore down that beautiful castle and put up that stupid ball!" I looked at him and was about to laugh, thinking he was joking, but I stopped because he looked confused and dead serious. The other people in his group just kinda shrugged and they all moved on. I was standing there like this: :eek:

:confused: I honestly do not understand how someone could be that clueless.

828tnt

Heard this at my hotel. Not really in a park, but close this was a few hours after we got back from the parks. This takes place probably around 12:30 in the morning. You have to picture the dad's voice in a very scratchy, thick southern accent and the boy with a very juvenile sounding southern accent:

Dad: Hey!!!!

Boy: What?

Dad: Stop licking my toes!! Them's dirty!

True story.

winner!:sohappy:

:hurl:

828tnt

nope. new winner.....:veryconfu

Cmdr_Crimson

Really more for DL..But, I saw an older gentleman asking a CM where Epcot's Animal Studios is? Which I think he really meant DCA...:lol:

WDITrent

I was working at the Studios one night during a special event when a guest stopped me to ask some questions about some of the ride locations.

After answering them he looked up at the Big Hat and said "so they put the Hat up for night and the Castle up for day?" I tried not to laugh as I tried to explain that Magic Kingdom is a different park. He then asked me how I liked working at Magic Kingdom and I told him that I liked working at the Studios just fine.

That still doesn't compare to the guests that bring the "park down I4" maps up to me and ask me how to get to the Mummy ride. Several different times.
This is sad...
...but hilarious. :lol:

bgraham34

While not one of the funniest things I have ever heard I did get a chuckle. While at the world last week a family was sitting behind us on the boat from FW to WL. While passing River Country the kids asked the mom what was that. And the mom said River Country, one of the best water parks ever. The kids asked why is it closed and the mother said that Disney lost the lease. They lost the lease on most of the property along the lake.

Lbg206

When My husband and i were at Disney last year for our honeymoon we overheard all kinds of weird and crazy things, but this had to be the best.....

While standing in line to ride Dinosaur there were a group of three teenagers who were on Spring Break and although I tried not to pay attention to them I couldn't help it, one girl in particular was just so ditzy and "blonde" it was almost painful. So after twenty minutes of this we finally got near the front of the line and just as we're about to go in to the pre-movie area the girl says "Wow, with all the bones and and statues etc. I really feel like I'm back in the time of the dinosaurs...back in the 1800's" I kid you not!!! And the girl was dead serious too, I wasn't sure whether to laugh uncontrollably or be horrified at our public school system. I wanted to turn around ot her and say please get back to school and quick.

What makes it even worse is one of the guys with her started laughing at her and told her she was a moron and the dinosaurs were "way older than that...more like in the 400's" Oh geesh!!!

jonnyc

Heard this at my hotel. Not really in a park, but close this was a few hours after we got back from the parks. This takes place probably around 12:30 in the morning. You have to picture the dad's voice in a very scratchy, thick southern accent and the boy with a very juvenile sounding southern accent:

True story.

:lol:

janoimagine

True story.

That is wrong on so many different levels.

We were at MK on 3/31/10. I was waiting for my husband and our 2 older kids to get off Space, When a kid and his dad walked by me, and the kids says, "Is this the way to the Rockin' Rollercoaster?" the dad says, "Yep!!! It is right over there, see it?" (pointing to Space!!!!!) I almost died!! :ROFLOL::lol:

A few minutes later, another boy and his dad walk by in the same direction, and this kids says, "this is that really slow ride, right, dad?" "Of course son, you have nothing to worry about!" I am not sure if the last one was just a dad who knew his kid would like it once he was on it, or if he was just that clueless!!!

Good times!

LenYJr

From last year's trip

Walking past SSE on the way out of the park "I'd love to ride the monorail one day, but you have to pay for it, don't you?"

and, from the resident "disney expert" of some family, heard on the TTC.
"Oh yeah, the big ball ride is in Futureland over in Epcot where they're having the Flower & Wine Festival"

LoriMistress

My DH over heard at DLR once many years ago a man in a sour mood complaining to his wife, "Why do people bring their kids to DLR?" And he was serious.

...Really?:confused::lol:

col

From last year's trip

Walking past SSE on the way out of the park "I'd love to ride the monorail one day, but you have to pay for it, don't you?"

ive heard that before, many times.

another one ive heard guests say 'lets go on the ride in the hat'.

RoRo

The mom of a family on the way to Epcot on the bus, "Hey, the first thing we gotta do is go on fast track because I heard that gets a long wait". I laughed so hard, people need to do their research seriously.

MillerPoppins

My Mom and I were on Splash Mountain and had a family of three in front of us in our log. As we were coming up on the knuckle of the drop when you can see the castle, the little boy yelled out "LOOK MOM THERE IS THE DISNEY WORLD!"

Needless to say, Mom and I were :ROFLOL:.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom