What is most likely to be built between 7DMT and Avatar?

jdmdisney99

As a fan of Uni and Disneyland, I say GOOD. Other than a themed water park to replace the travesty that is Wet and Wild and a few more resorts, I don't want Universal to be the size of WDW. WDW's size is its biggest weakness at this point. With three parks that are beyond stale, it's clear that Disney either can't or is unwilling to keep up with the size.
That really is disappointing too. Walt bought that much with a purpose in mind. The whole resort was connected and easy to navigate. However, as time went on, and the resort expanded, they abandoned these principles, leaving a spaced out mess, which has no way to navigate efficiently from a guest standpoint.

the_claw

Mehh --- i don't know about that. What is stopping Universal from making a 3rd park? Revenue keeps going up, who knows. Build a 3rd park, get another hotel or 2 and then the gap is even smaller. And if Universals track record shows anything, it won't be a park with 6 rides and a show....

Im sure I read something back end of last year from the Uni President saying they were building more hotels on site to try and take away guests from Disney. Maybe 10,000 more rooms was the figure I cant quite remember. The article also mentioned that 3rd gate was in pipeline but would be 10+ years away to get the other parks up to snuff with repairs, attractions etc. Speculation I know and i cant find my source but they are building on site...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Mehh --- i don't know about that. What is stopping Universal from making a 3rd park? Revenue keeps going up, who knows. Build a 3rd park, get another hotel or 2 and then the gap is even smaller. And if Universals track record shows anything, it won't be a park with 6 rides and a show....
Amen. I really hope that Universal continues expanding for as long as possible. They could build a 3rd park or more hotel rooms or expand the exisiting parks. Knowing the history of large corporations (especially recent history) I'm glad they are building at an extreme pace. Who knows when the Comcast cash well will run dry for Universal parks. Management currently seems pretty happy to invest in the parks, but that can change on a dime. Theme parks aren't part of Comcast's core business so if they stumble a little or the stock price drops some consultant could be brought in who advises them to focus on "core businesses". I've seen this happen to a number of large corporations and the "non-core" business lines either get sold off or shelved. I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts.

George

Liker of Things
So, was it decided that the answer to the OPs question was - 1) New Horizons in EPCOT, 2) the other wing of pop half century, 3) Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, 4) Western River Expedition, 5) Mystic Manor, 6) Spain pavilion, 7) Indy Jones ride in DHS, 8) Tangled show (DHS), 9) South America in DAK, and 10) a property wide scavenger hunt requiring no theme park admission that uses the tech in Sorcerers of the MK and Agent P's adventure?

Goofyernmost

So, was it decided that the answer to the OPs question was - 1) New Horizons in EPCOT, 2) the other wing of pop half century, 3) Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, 4) Western River Expedition, 5) Mystic Manor, 6) Spain pavilion, 7) Indy Jones ride in DHS, 8) Tangled show (DHS), 9) South America in DAK, and 10) a property wide scavenger hunt requiring no theme park admission that uses the tech in Sorcerers of the MK and Agent P's adventure?
The big question is...Where's Perry?

lobelia

The WDWmagic Spirit wrote that Soaring is adding a third theater in his weekend musings. No timeline included but seems rational to believe it would be done before Avatar. WDW doesn't seem to worried about the show building on this one so can assume we won't have to wait for fancy rock work.

G00fyDad

The WDWmagic Spirit wrote that Soaring is adding a third theater in his weekend musings. No timeline included but seems rational to believe it would be done before Avatar. WDW doesn't seem to worried about the show building on this one so can assume we won't have to wait for fancy rock work.

Before Soarin' gets a new film for the ride it needs a new projection system and a new "screen".

lobelia

Before Soarin' gets a new film for the ride it needs a new projection system and a new "screen".

My dad told me what happens when you assume but I will jump off the ledge and suggest that at least one of the three theaters will have a new projection system and screen. No comments about a new film although I have heard the rumors on this forum about a new film. Maybe they used that one and done dragon to film it.

G00fyDad

My dad told me what happens when you assume but I will jump off the ledge and suggest that at least one of the three theaters will have a new projection system and screen. No comments about a new film although I have heard the rumors on this forum about a new film. Maybe they used that one and done dragon to film it.

It stands to reason that if they do one theater, then they will do all six. (Yes, there are six. Three to the left, and three to the right.)

PeterAlt

image.jpg

Disneyland Brazil?​

Clowd Nyne

IMHO, I expect to see the following things in WDW before Avatar opens in 2017...

1. Some minor Star Wars expansion ("Phase 1"), perhaps Mos Eisley Cantina and an indoor jedi academy
2. new film for Soarin'
3. new show in the BatB theater and VOTLM space
4. new show in the Eo theater

I don't, at this point, expect any new rides, but I would not be surprised if something smaller scale got built before 2017.
Smaller... Ooooooo maybe another spinner at MK!!!! I think there is some room in liberty square!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom