What is going on with Beastly Kingdom?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Disney MGM studios was "on the back burner" until universial announced they would be building in orlando

Not quite; before Eisner, Wells and Katzenberg arrived it was still a go for the Great Moments pavilion at EPCOT. Eisner wanted a 3rd gate and so pushed for the GMATM ride to become just the main part of another park. Now it is said he (Eisner) learned of Universal looking for a Florida plot when he was at Paramount, around 1980, and when he took over TWDC decided to push for a Studios knowing Universal was coming some time. Eisner denies this. The 3rd gate taking the studio form only developed from autumn of `84, and by the following July the MGM deal was signed. More like fast tracked!

With all due respect of course :)

Narnia is nothing like atlantis. Chronicles of Narnia already has a huge following and fantasy is extremly popular right now thanks to harry potter and lotr. It could still flop at the box office but im hoping Disney is treating the source material with respect.

matrtj

Ghostbuster626 said:
It could still flop at the box office but im hoping Disney is treating the source material with respect.

Can anyone name any film where they've treated the source material with 'respect'? I've certainly never seen Disney do it (Pocahontas, Hunchback et al)

Fingers crossed though...

wcox377492

Actually I can think of a number of them:
Pinnochio
Peter Pan
Winnie the Pooh
Snow White
Swiss Family Robinson/Tarzan
Indiana Jones
Dinosaur
Star Tours-- it may be out of continuity but with Lucas blessing over the final product it's hard to argue it wasn't treated with respect.

When I say "respect" I dont mean I expect Disney to do a word for word adaption of the book. What I mean is Disney needs to treat it seriously and stay faithful to the story in the sense that it uses the same plot, charecters, etc. rather then turning it into a dumba$$ comedy (rapunzel UNbraided) or something worse.

DisneyWales

Atlantis

It could use a similar ride system as the one at sea World for Atlantis, but give it a Disney Theme, there could be a section of the ride where you run away from Ursula and thats could be the rollercoaster section. They would also build a small tank which you could travel through clear tunnels, where you would actually be "under the sea"

The centre pice of the area could be Ariels Castle.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
WDI are rumoured to have been looking at a hybrid water coaster (Atlantis) system for DLP`s Splash Mountain proposal.

Welcome boy-o! :wave:

Elphaba

Bagheera said:
Ah, Beastlie Kingdomme. What a great place that would have been. :sigh:

Like the site says, if anyone has the "Since the World Began" book that was put out for WDW's 25th, check out the Animal Kingdom section, the concept art for Beastlie Kingdomme is FANTASTIC.

ballewclan

Hey guys, you know i was thinking about a 5th gate and couldnt really think of a good concept. Then i thought of Beastlie Kingdomme! Thatd be perfect, except it'd be way bigger than the concept art and everything. It'd be all about fantasy! That would be a great park. You never know, maybe thats why they scratched it!

Captain Chaos

a cross between Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.. I guess it could work.. Somehow i think this opinion will now turn into a new 5th gate rumor..

Lynx04

5th gate rumors: :brick:

There should be a new rule, any discusion about a 5th gate should go in the imagineering thread, cause their isn't even any rumors or even rumors that their are rumors that a 5th gate is being planed.

Although, the idea of a Beastly Kingdom as a park is a pretty thoughtful one. :)

I know your posted didn't say one was coming, but in light of all the 5th gate threads and comments I just had to get that off my chest. I feel better now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom