Rumor What is everyone’s confidence level that a Villain’s land will happen?

Animaniac93-98

To think WDW used to have TWO attractions with big, creepy Aliens

1721574323974.png

doctornick

How do you explain Alien Encounter was forced to close down in the Magic Kingdom then if it wasn't parents complain about the attraction was to scary for the kids then?
I cannot imagine that anything in a villains land would be remotely as scary as ExtraTERRORestrial Encounter. That also had the issue that you were literally restrained during the attraction unable to leave.

It would be easy to build something more on par with a year round “not so scary party” level of experience.

Ice Gator

Very low. They didn’t even add Facilier to Tiana’s because he was considered “problematic”. Changes are coming to the Haunted Mansion soon to tone it down. I doubt they’ll have the guts to create an entire land based around witches, skulls, and spooky scenery.

That art in the Blue Sky concept was probably put in by the artist to generate hype from fans. BBT will probably end up being a new Coco/Frontierland area and a clone of either Cars Land or Zootopia…some senseless IP based land that doesn’t fit with the rest of MK.

DisDude33

Original Poster
Very low. They didn’t even add Facilier to Tiana’s because he was considered “problematic”. Changes are coming to the Haunted Mansion soon to tone it down. I doubt they’ll have the guts to create an entire land based around witches, skulls, and other spooky scenery.
I was of the impression that Facilier isn’t in TBA because the ride takes place after the movie in which he was dragged into the underworld. And HM is just losing the hanging gag out of respect to guests that have lost a loved one to a similar fashion which isn’t such a bad thing. As far as witches, skulls, and spooky situations I don’t think that was ever going to be what Villain’s Land was meant to be.

Ice Gator

As far as witches, skulls, and spooky situations I don’t think that was ever going to be what Villain’s Land was meant to be.
I mean I’m referring to the Maleficent castle and Chernabog/Bald Mountain that was present in the blue sky concept art. I imagine it would stick to the realms of several villains or be themed to a haunted village of sorts.

I feel like the possibility of modern Disney installing a character that’s literally meant to be the Devil overlooking the land would be very low.

Sneakman

If this is happening and goes to dhs like I theorize, what characters do you think we see attractions based on? I still think NMBC would be a slam dunk in a darker land, and in this park.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
If this is happening and goes to dhs like I theorize, what characters do you think we see attractions based on? I still think NMBC would be a slam dunk in a darker land, and in this park.

Personal opinion... NMBC, while an exceptionally hot property, is more "Halloween" than "Villians". I love the idea of more incorporation of NMBC (and Hocus Pucus for that matter) but only during the Halloween time period (or as Disney calls is, June through November)... NMBC in February (to me) would feel odd (regardless of how good an attraction it is).

Sneakman

Personal opinion... NMBC, while an exceptionally hot property, is more "Halloween" than "Villians". I love the idea of more incorporation of NMBC (and Hocus Pucus for that matter) but only during the Halloween time period (or as Disney calls is, June through November)... NMBC in February (to me) would feel odd (regardless of how good an attraction it is).
Well, I think NMBC may allow for more draw too than just villains alone, no matter how big it would already be just villains. I still don’t think they should limit themselves to animated villains still. Davy jones would make a good home in this hypothetical shadowy villains land.

WorldExplorer

This land never sounds like a good idea to me. What would they do that would look good in daylight?

A Lovely Midafternoon at Bald Mountain kind of takes the eerieness away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom