Rumor What is everyone’s confidence level that a Villain’s land will happen?

James Alucobond

And of those few things many will end up like the Epcot refurb.
This feels dramatic. The EPCOT plans were slashed while in motion, and the things people dislike about it aesthetically could only really crop up in former Future World, Tomorrowland, or something Marvel. The current floor for something more “traditionally” themed feels like the Ratatouille expansion.

DisneyHead123

If a Villains land is actually happening, wonder if it will be its own “mini gate”, with room for expansion in the future? Barring that, I think HS is the only realistic possibility. No way they put something that dark in MK, AK makes no sense, and Epcot just finished a retheme.

DisneyHead123

I don’t think villains is too dark. Villains are already represented in the park (Ursula, Hook, Maleficent, etc.). If anything it’ll be a whimsical “not-so-scary” version that will be off-kilter and spooky.
It’s still the park that caters the most to the small child, princess loving set though. Kids between the ages of 18 months to around 4 or 5 are especially prone to weird fears. I cannot in a million years imagine Disney plopping Villains Land within shouting distance of a BBB.

999th Happy Haunt

“Villains land will be too dark/scary”
IMG_1811.jpeg

DisneyHead123

Yall are really way overthinking the supposed “it’s too scary” element with this, seriously.
For most every kid in my family, ages 2-4 is where we had to start keeping “monster spray” by their beds, or they freaked out about monsters in the closet, or started saying stuff straight out of a horror movie (My son used to say their was a ghost who lived in our grandfather clock who only came out when I left the room.) I still have vivid memories of a nightmare I had at that age where a Purple Pie Man toy came to life and after that I refused to have villain toys in my room.

I think a Villain’s Land would be a lot of fun and not scary for those aged 7+. But the fear of “bad guys” with toddlers and preschoolers is a real thing.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
For most every kid in my family, ages 2-4 is where we had to start keeping “monster spray” by their beds, or they freaked out about monsters in the closet, or started saying stuff straight out of a horror movie (My son used to say their was a ghost who lived in our grandfather clock who only came out when I left the room.) I still have vivid memories of a nightmare I had at that age where a Purple Pie Man toy came to life and after that I refused to have villain toys in my room.

I think a Villain’s Land would be a lot of fun and not scary for those aged 7+. But the fear of “bad guys” with toddlers and preschoolers is a real thing.
I'm still of the understanding that it's to take place in DHS. Wires-crossed? Maybe but I don't see a land existing in the saccharine sweet kiddo kingdom of Magic. If so, it'd be a lesser experience. A villains-lite. It's been mum on my end but maybe it'll take on that "Monstober/31 days of Halloween" concept?

Per Henry, glad it's happening. But to what extent and where is the bigger question.

Guess we'll see D23.

DisneyHead123

I'm still of the understanding that it's to take place in DHS. Wires-crossed? Maybe but I don't see a land existing in the saccharine sweet kiddo kingdom of Magic. If so, it'd be a lesser experience. A villains-lite. It's been mum on my end but maybe it'll take on a "Monstober/31 days of Halloween" concept?

Per Henry, glad it's happening. But to what extent and where is the bigger question.

Guess we'll see D23.
I think the best case scenario would be that it’s a standalone “land” with room to grow into a full park over time. Skeptical that will happen though so if it doesn’t, I think it will be HS.

DisneyHead123

Magic Kingdom already has experiences that cannot physically accommodate or may be too frightening to toddlers.

The park cannot survive or grow if every experience has to take that age cohort into consideration.
MK is one park with a distinct theme. Disney has plenty of space to build other lands elsewhere. I mean look at what Universal is doing in Texas - they started out as the older kid / teen park and now they want a park specifically for younger kids. Nothing wrong with differentiating experiences.

Ichabod Crane

How do you explain Alien Encounter was forced to close down in the Magic Kingdom then if it wasn't parents complain about the attraction was to scary for the kids then?
A big creepy alien drooling on you is far scarier than anything that would happen in a villains land.

Y'all need to be thinking more along the lines of Fantasmic or Snow White’s Scary Adventures version 2.0 (Disney World) rather than Alien Encounter or Dark Universe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom