Rumor What is everyone’s confidence level that a Villain’s land will happen?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Zero. Nada. Zilch. There is no "most of us want this to happen", it's a fanboi wet dream. "WE SOLD OUT AN AFTER HOURS EVENT 10 YEARS AGO!!!! THIS HAS TO HAPPEN NOW!!!!1!!!!1!"

Sneakman

Insiders: “Villains land is definitely happening”
WDWM forum members: “I personally don’t want it/think it’s too scary so no it’s not”
I do think a big draw like villians would be good for dhs. Tbh all that dhs needs is one new attraction outside of a potential villain's land, and the park would be good for a while. Hopefully one that wouldn’t replace something that isn’t there but i could 100% one of the older attractions there biting the bullet in 5-10 years.

DCLcruiser

Zero. Nada. Zilch. There is no "most of us want this to happen", it's a fanboi wet dream. "WE SOLD OUT AN AFTER HOURS EVENT 10 YEARS AGO!!!! THIS HAS TO HAPPEN NOW!!!!1!!!!1!"
I don't get why Villiansland wouldn't work today. It doesn't need to be scary at all. It just showcases other IP.

They sell villain merchandise at DHS, and they have made how many from-the-baddies-point-of-view movies.

erasure fan1

Villains confirmation would be the biggest game-changer for me personally. As long as it is more than ONE ride and ONE restaurant and they do develop a 'LAND' - it would push the needle for a lot of fans.
That's the real problem. If we can't get a complete land with one of the biggest most marketable IPs EVER, star wars. It would be highly unlikely a villain land gets more than one D ticket and a flat ride and the usual merch shops. Maybe a quick service. I don't see a villain character meal as Disney would be to afraid of "too scary!" complaints from the parents.

So I feel if it happened, it would be fairly unremarkable. I'm sure it would look good, I'd just bet it would have a real lack of substance.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I'm far from the first to suggest this, but make a Villains land with a dark castle. Projection map it with an alternate show synced to the existing fireworks. Build a dark Emporium, and, more importantly, a second entrance/exit. Boom, you've not only doubled your existing fireworks viewing capacity, but also incentivized staying (and spending money in the park) late twice. It may be the thing that swings a vacation to one extra day at the MK instead of Universal.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Honestly, I think the thing that I would find most intreaguing about a villians land would be a dark, villians TSR (possibly with rooms themed to various villians?) But for that to work, I'd want the waiters to be slightly mean (in a tongue in cheek way), bit I feel like Disney has been pulling back from "non-traditional" servers in recent years... so, yeah...

The Chatbox Ghost

I do think a big draw like villians would be good for dhs. Tbh all that dhs needs is one new attraction outside of a potential villain's land, and the park would be good for a while. Hopefully one that wouldn’t replace something that isn’t there but i could 100% one of the older attractions there biting the bullet in 5-10 years.
I personally think Villains should go in MK, so we avoid an IP land there and put the IP lands elsewhere, like Hollywood. I’m terrified of the thought of Zootopia Land in MK, lmao

DCLcruiser

Honestly, I think the thing that I would find most intreaguing about a villians land would be a dark, villians TSR (possibly with rooms themed to various villians?) But for that to work, I'd want the waiters to be slightly mean (in a tongue in cheek way), bit I feel like Disney has been pulling back from "non-traditional" servers in recent years... so, yeah...
Villians would be QS. Get your own food!

DCLcruiser

Certainly hope not. I don't understand the attraction that some people see in this idea
I would not want a rude waitstaff.

I personally don't like scary, but Disney villains aren't usually spooky, or gory. Here were ideas from an old post of mine:

Some Villainsland ideas:

• Hades' HELLenic Bar & Grill
  • Maleficent Dragon Coaster (indoor, maybe a mountain)
  • Cruella Couture: Fashion to Die for
  • Cave of Wonders: Featuring Jafar & Iago (trackless, or simulator, or something indoor ride...or is this just a gift shop?)
  • Escape Neverland (indoor boat ride w/ drop)
  • Ursula spinner
  • Descendant's stage show

The Chatbox Ghost

Certainly hope not. I don't understand the attraction that some people see in this idea
To me at least, a Villains land is one of the last remaining “genres” they could put in a land. We have fantasy, sci-fi, adventure, western, and historical- horror seems like a good fit. Plus Disney has a lot they can pull from for a villains land, and which the supposed plot being adjacent to Fantasyland, it just makes too much sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom