Rumor What is everyone’s confidence level that a Villain’s land will happen?

Sneakman

Agreed. Just got back from a youth group trip to WDW and Cosmic Rewind was by far and away the favorite and most talked about ride in the parks. And not just the kids but the adult chaperones too. Even my elderly mother, who generally loves “classic” Disney rides thinks it’s one of the best rides they’ve ever made.

I don’t think people here recognize how much positive impact CR has had on how folks perceive Epcot. Yes, it will be better when it gets off the VQ and people can ride at their whim and yeah I get the arguments about the theme but it’s a huge crowd pleaser.
As much as people say “oh the theme doesnt mesh with epcot”, imo Epcot NEEDED this ride. The park was lacking a true crowd pleaser thrill ride, and guardians was the one for the job. Same sentiments for frozen and rat, Epcot needed family rides like that. IP’s while overused, aren’t the devil that everyone makes it out to be. Yes I would like an original attraction every once in a while, but at the end of the day, these characters are what bring people in.

DisDude33

Original Poster
As much as people say “oh the theme doesnt mesh with epcot”, imo Epcot NEEDED this ride. The park was lacking a true crowd pleaser thrill ride, and guardians was the one for the job. Same sentiments for frozen and rat, Epcot needed family rides like that. IP’s while overused, aren’t the devil that everyone makes it out to be. Yes I would like an original attraction every once in a while, but at the end of the day, these characters are what bring people in.
I absolutely agree! While I do feel that WDW as a whole has a theming problem these rides are amazing and IP has been in the parks since day one. That’s what happens when a movie studio owns a theme park. Basing things off of the movies creates a connection before the guests even comes through the gate. That connection may not be there with everyone Disney knows it’s going to be there for enough people to drive interest.

Sneakman

I absolutely agree! While I do feel that WDW as a whole has a theming problem these rides are amazing and IP has been in the parks since day one. That’s what happens when a movie studio owns a theme park. Basing things off of the movies creates a connection before the guests even comes through the gate. That connection may not be there with everyone Disney knows it’s going to be there for enough people to drive interest.
Agreed! And while I disagree with some corporate people’s rumored notions that completley non ip attractions have no place being built, I understand that more character based attractions makes buisness sense and sense for the general public. I do think original attractions, if the idea is good enough, should be allowed to be built sometimes though. (Cough cough Western river/figment 4.0 copium)

Jrb1979

It's not the IP that's the problem. For one I think Rat works great as it fits the theme of France. Guardians I do have issue with. The ride itself is great but the theme doesn't fit Epcot at all.

The problem I have with all of this IP crap is they don't try to make it fit the theme of the park anymore. They shoehorn it wherever they can for synergy purposes.

Sneakman

It's not the IP that's the problem. For one I think Rat works great as it fits the theme of France. Guardians I do have issue with. The ride itself is great but the theme doesn't fit Epcot at all.

The problem I have with all of this IP crap is they don't try to make it fit the theme of the park anymore. They shoehorn it wherever they can for synergy purposes.
I can see that for some cases (zootopia land in DAK, frozen I kinda get, ect) but I feel like guardians fits enough with the fun xandar pavilion stchick, and also I feel this is the case where an ip is kinda needed to be a big draw for Epcot, as much as I love it which before guardians imo was a park without a big headliner. It just brings more people in at the end of the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom