What is #Disney-Central and How to Use Guide

dolbyman

I paid the membership fee (I think it was like $25) for mIRC.

well you paid the program not the membership .. membership is free :wave:

I'm getting ready to re-download the software so I can have access again, but am curious as to whether or not I'll have to pay again. Also, can I transfer my same user name? Or will it make me make a new one?

only if you lost the serial code...but I think you can reorder your code for free
or just use it for free (just wait 5sec at the nag screen :rolleyes: )

when the username is registred you need the password .. if not .. just login with that name and it's fine :)

angelfaerie52

Mac?

Hey everyone...

I used the programs to download Disney audio on my PC, but now I have a Macintosh Powerbook. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get online to use the mirc thing with my mac... I went to download the programs but they are Windows only.

maxime29

Premium Member
Just to reiterate this:

A few users may have issues with accessing file servers the first time. You may have the tendency to type the file server trigger multiple times in a row. Please DO NOT DO THIS!!! Sometimes the file server is busy at the moment to receive the trigger to allow you access. Wait at least 30 seconds between triggers. If it still doesn't work, there might be an issue with the file server or your mIRC settings need to be reconfigured properly. Just ask an OP or Voice for help.

I highly recommend reviewing setup information provided by www.ircmadeasy.com . The site gives very detailed guides on how to set up mIRC, Invision, SysReset, and configure your router/firewall to allow File Server distribution. Please review their helpful setup guides.

PBarton

Steamboat_Kevin said:
What is a "pack"? For example "/ctcp pack7 melovedisney".
I would love to know this myself (along with most visitors to DC!!) Can anyone explain how to trigger any of the pack7 servers - do you need to use Sysreset (or whatever it is called) to use them??

:veryconfu

carolina_yankee

Chat Failed

When I enter !dolby in both Snak and Ircle using my Powerbook, I keep getting this message
"DCC CHAT offer from Dolbyman failed: invalid port number (903). Must be greater than 1023."

I'm assuming I have to change a setting under DCC or somewhere else in preferences. Any guidance? I'm not so hot at this irc stuff. I can get
!disComics OK so I know something works.

TIA

Steamboat_Kevin

Ugh... This is getting very frustrating... :brick:

I keep attempting to download Dolby's "Great Hotels" videos for Yacht and Beach and Grand Floridian, and they always start out fine. Then, at around 90% the download always fails and it says "Transfer Incomplete". I have never successfully completed any of the downloads.

Any idea why this is happening?

dolbyman

mirc should ask you..

when the partly finished file is found .. if to resume or redownload ... choose resume .. so it should download the remeianing 10% :wave:

Steamboat_Kevin

I just tried to download Yacht and Beach and Grand Floridian, and they both worked on the first try! I don't know what went differently this time, but I'm not complaining! Thanks for the help :)

Desperad07

stupid question

I've finally figured out how to get on #Disney-Central...phew it took a while. But now i'm trying to figure out how to get files. I see the names on the right and in the chat boxes. I know that i can type, for example, "!dolbyman" to access that server...but i don't knwo what to do from there. How do i know what files are available to download? I understand i use "Get" to get a file. But when i type "dir" to see what they have, i just get vague names (Magic Kingdom, etc.)

I'm sure the solution is easy...but i don't know it :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The "vague names" are directories, or folders, on that persons (eg !dolby`s) server. Say you want Carousel of Progress - typing dir gives you a choice of the parks (though each servers layout may differ you`ll see where you need to go) and you see Magic Kingdom (for the CoP)

Type cd magic kingdom (this changes the directory to the Magic Kingdom)

Type dir again (for a list of what`s in this new directory - in this case the Magic Kingdom)

You may see Tomorrowland - type cd tomorrowland

type dir again to show that directory..... and so on until you find, say cop now is the time by martin.

Now type get cop now is the time by martin WITHOUT typing the filesize.

Depending on the server status the download will start right away, or you will be placed in a queue - type queues to see how long the queue is or sends to see who is receiving a file and how long is left. So long as you don`t disconnect from IRC you can browse other peoples servers, or somewhere else in dolby`s for example, and your download will start when your turn comes.

Desperad07

Thanks for the help! I was actually able to figure it out, plus Invision finally started running when i opened up mIRC again.

However...i've got a new problem. I went into !dolby and queued up a bunch of downloads. The wait was going to be a while. Left mIRC open and the comp running and went out for a while. When i came back i was no longer in the queue but i could not find the downloads anywhere on my system.

Any idea what happened?

dolbyman

make sure you have the ignore feature turned off .. else your mirc will ignore all unknown filetypes (mp3,avi, etc.)

my computer has a 24's kickout (isp) so when there isa transfer running when this happens your download is lost (but you can resume it so no need to start all over):)

mikebrakes

Desperad07,

Don't know how long you were away, but if by chance IRC disconnected you while you were away, that may have kicked you from the queue. Every once in a while I'll get disconnected and when I get back on, (it automatically tries to reconnect if your computer is still connected to IRC), it will tell me my name is already in use and use my backup name. When the queue gets down to my name, since I'm no longer under the name I used to queue it up, it figures I've left and I get skipped over. Maybe that's what happened. Happens from time to time.:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom