What is #Disney-Central and How to Use Guide

DisJosh

FYI to anyone thinking of installing that Invision program. It installs a Trojan on your computer when you open it to install. :mad:

barnum42

DisJosh said:
FYI to anyone thinking of installing that Invision program. It installs a Trojan on your computer when you open it to install. :mad:
Strange - not a problem I've had. Is it possible the copy you have has been tampered with?

DisJosh

barnum42 said:
Strange - not a problem I've had. Is it possible the copy you have has been tampered with?

I clicked the link listed at the begining of this thread to DL. I have a program for detecting and deleting trojans and it caught it. The trojan file is called "TSUupdate." It may not be an issue for some but I don't want it on my pc. Just thought I'd let everyone know. :)

PBarton

DisJosh said:
I clicked the link listed at the begining of this thread to DL. I have a program for detecting and deleting trojans and it caught it. The trojan file is called "TSUupdate." It may not be an issue for some but I don't want it on my pc. Just thought I'd let everyone know. :)
When I installed InVision, my Virus checker detected a "Trojan Dropper" that was blocked straight away.

I carried on with the instalation and had no problems whatsoever - no problems at all even after many months of use, with dozens of clear virus scans and spyware checks to confirm this.

As long as you keep your virus update/scans upto date, you SHOULD be ok - although nothing can be 100% certain.

Hope this helps..

RU42

Original Poster
Invision is a shell program and may get picked up by picky scanners. Invisions/mIRC downloaded from trusted sites can be trusted. Never download these programs from a 3rd party site. Only get them from their creator, a site like download.com, or from some site you know and trust.

Again, these prgrams are NOT virus laiden.

RU

DisJosh

RU42 said:
Invision is a shell program and may get picked up by picky scanners. Invisions/mIRC downloaded from trusted sites can be trusted. Never download these programs from a 3rd party site. Only get them from their creator, a site like download.com, or from some site you know and trust.

Again, these prgrams are NOT virus laiden.

RU

I'm just picky because I've had to deal with identity theft because of trojans on my computer. Now I'm super cautious. I still download stuff frequently...I just depend on my different virus, trojan, ad/spyware scanners and firewalls I have to do the nitpicking for me. This is the first program I've proceeded to download that I've had any warnings with ever. So it struck me as odd.

I never said they were virus laiden. :p

Whatever it was, was blocked and deleted, however harmless it was or was not. The programs has been functioning fine w/o the file installed. So all is well. :D

Not For Sale

I'm having trouble setting up the server and the network. The menus don't have IRCHighway on it. I could add IRCHighway to the server list and then it goes away sometimes. Any help would be appreciated

ss7sd.jpg

dolbyman

maybe you installation is corrupted ... insterted servers shouldn't disappear :lookaroun .. maybe do a clean reinstall

doop

This is easy to fix, when mIRC is open, in the window that is blank type "/server irc.irchighway.net" without quotes and hit enter, and you will be connected. Edit: btw, this should add it to the list, and I don't even use that list anymore because I find it easier to do it by typing it out.

jakeman

I have a quick question. I searched the thread but did not find it.

What is the usual download speed? I havea 6 Mbs DSL connection and I am downloading at a rate of about 20 Kbs. Is this normal? If so great but I didn't want there to be something wrong with my connection and have me holding people up.

Thanks!

dolbyman

upload speed is mostly depending on the server ..we run those servers on private lines .. so they won't fill your 6mbit line :animwink: ´

yet .. I'm planning on upgrading to ADSL2 ... but I'm waiting for a nice flatrate offer :D

DisJosh

Anyone know how to get trivia rolling again? ! trivia doesn't work like it does with some other channels. I'm bored and need my trivia! :D

tigger248

I have a quick question. I paid the membership fee (I think it was like $25) for mIRC. Then, a couple of weeks ago, my computer died and I had to buy a new one. I'm slowly getting all my programs onto my new computer. I'm getting ready to re-download the software so I can have access again, but am curious as to whether or not I'll have to pay again. Also, can I transfer my same user name? Or will it make me make a new one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom