What I think...as of today...for now...

Grizzly Hall 71

I see in the future after Dumbo land is complete that millions of Disney fans will complain how it looks cheap and why they choose to do it like this. Hmmm sounds like the place our friends Chester and Hester own in Animal Kingdom.

ryanduggers

It seems to me that Disney is better at transitioning than anyone else.

I am confident that it will seem seamless, I bet you won't see the circus from the rest and visa-versa.

jt04

Perhaps you should reserve judgement about how dreadful Dumbo-land will be until it's actually built and you can see it for yourself. :shrug:

Because as I mentioned earlier once they make a mistake we are stuck with it. Dinorama for instance.

Why does everyone consider this an ADDITION of a "Circusland"?

Dumbo has always been in the park.

I view this is as simply adding a little more theming around Dumbo so it's not just some elephant ride randomly plunked down in a Fantasy Forest.

For the first time in 55 years, there is a REASON for Dumbo to exist in FL.

Are you all suggesting they should get rid of Dumbo completely? Or are you thinking it should be incorporated into FL differently? How??

It is not the Dumboland that has so many concerned. It is the rumor they are going to turn all of FL East into a giant circus land by repurposing the existing tents.

IlikeDW

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see that as well, but I'm happy they at least changed it up into Dumbo instead of Fairies.

I think this is a common misconception, Dumbo/circus is not instead of PH. Dumbo/circus is basically the same plan as presented @ D23. The PH area should still be available for something future, at least thats what I take from what Lee and others have said.

SeaCastle

Because as I mentioned earlier once they make a mistake we are stuck with it. Dinorama for instance.

It is not the Dumboland that has so many concerned. It is the rumor they are going to turn all of FL East into a giant circus land by repurposing the existing tents.

Nothing here indicates that this will be like Dinorama. If we've heard anythinng about the expansion, it's that it won't be done poorly. Give it some time before you call it a mistake. WDI has top men working on it. Top men.

Can you point out where they said explicitly that the tents were staying? Lee said that due to the conditiin if the tents, they would be taken down.

I find it ironic that jt vehemently defends TDO's mismanagement of the parks and I'm stuck here defending Dumboland.

IlikeDW

Nothing here indicates that this will be like Dinorama. If we've heard anythinng about the expansion, it's that it won't be done poorly. Give it some time before you call it a mistake. WDI has top men working on it. Top men.

Can you point out where they said explicitly that the tents were staying? Lee said that due to the conditiin if the tents, they would be taken down.

I find it ironic that jt vehemently defends TDO's mismanagement of the parks and I'm stuck here defending Dumboland.

Thats because his program is written to ensure he always stays the center of attention.

PurpleRose

I would MUCH rather see Dumbo than the Fairies. This "circusland" has ALWAYS been in the plans. There just wasn't as much focus on it as everyone was focusing on the m & gs. It's not replacing the PH. I haven't heard anything from Lee or anyone else say anything new about Dumbo. It is a incredibly popular ride in FL. I think dueling spinners is a great idea. Casey Jr food stand was in the plans, just not announced. It's in the leaked blueprints and you can even see a little of it in the artwork. We all knew that Barnstormer was getting a circus rethemed as well as possibly the train station getting rethemed. It's not taking over FL, just a corner of it. I would be happier if it was Neverland but that's just this girl. I don't get what the big deal is.

jt04

Firstly, WDI does not make the decision of what gets built.

I find it very ironic that the traditional bashers of all things TDO and going the cheap route, have no problems with them reusing the tents. Dumboland is troubling enough but a giant circus land is evidently seriously being considered.

Lee always shoots down any rumors that are not possible. He not only did not do that he seemed to acknowledge that it even likely. As did CBOMB.

jt04

I would MUCH rather see Dumbo than the Fairies. This "circusland" has ALWAYS been in the plans. There just wasn't as much focus on it as everyone was focusing on the m & gs. It's not replacing the PH. I haven't heard anything from Lee or anyone else say anything new about Dumbo. It is a incredibly popular ride in FL. I think dueling spinners is a great idea. Casey Jr food stand was in the plans, just not announced. It's in the leaked blueprints and you can even see a little of it in the artwork. We all knew that Barnstormer was getting a circus rethemed as well as possibly the train station getting rethemed. It's not taking over FL, just a corner of it. I would be happier if it was Neverland but that's just this girl. I don't get what the big deal is.

Because it is the unimaginative, cheap, Six Flags way of doing things. It just means the pixies will be in circus tents and possibly the princess m&gs.

MAF

If the tents are staying, why don't they just keep Toon Town the way it is and add Dumbo there? This is getting lamer and lamer as it goes along. So disappointing...

MotherOfBirds

Perhaps a bit OT, but someone on another forum (in response to ideas to even out the heavy dose of estrogen in FLE) suggested some kind of Sleepy Hollow attraction to be added, probably where the FL Skyway stands, or even somewhere in FL Forest. IMO it's a lovely idea and much more gender-neutral. Thoughts?

jt04

Perhaps a bit OT, but someone on another forum (in response to ideas to even out the heavy dose of estrogen in FLE) suggested some kind of Sleepy Hollow attraction to be added, probably where the FL Skyway stands, or even somewhere in FL Forest. IMO it's a lovely idea and much more gender-neutral. Thoughts?

I don't see anyone complaining about the "balance" in the other lands. If the fanboys applied the same standard everywhere they would be. I think it is a complaint about FLE that is not justified but has taken on a life of its own because of fanboy spin. Nothing more.

About new ideas for FLE adds, Iger won't greenlight anything that does not promote a significant Disney property. And he seems to prefer properties that are more viable in the marketplace for moving merchandise. Hence Carsland. So that is a good place to start if you are Armchair Imagineering. :wave:

imagineer boy

If the tents are staying, why don't they just keep Toon Town the way it is and add Dumbo there? This is getting lamer and lamer as it goes along. So disappointing...

Agreed. I think tearing down Toon Town is a total waste here.

Sleepy Hollow wouldn't fit, the story was set in America. It would be very out of place in FL.

hrcollectibles

Well, in the new version you can look at it from her point of view as well, as there are only 3 Snow White figures in the ride - only now, she lives Happily Ever After, instead of getting a rock dropped on her at the end! ;)

And that's why I prefer the current version. That, and I hate the witch/horror.

How can you see it through her eyes if you actually see her?

jt04

Agreed. I think tearing down Toon Town is a total waste here.

It is the MK's version of the wand. Well that and UNM, Stitch and the Laugh Floor.

Sleepy Hollow wouldn't fit, the story was set in America. It would be very out of place in FL.

That too.

jt04

Am I the only one who finds it interesting how jt used to belittle the doom and gloomers... and now he has become one???? :lol:

:lookaroun

I just call it as I see it. I will defend TDO if they are being unfairly attacked and be crtical of them if they are not defending WDW, or worse, suggesting the cheap and easy route. Those days should be way in the rearview mirror.

lazyboy97o

Where was it stated that the Toon Town Fair tents will be reused? I recall it being said that they are getting too old, and it would not be worthwhile to keep what exists.

awholenewworld

Skyway Station

I have on good authority they are considering revamping the skyway station spot into a garden/Marry Poppins themed area where Marry Poppins and Burt/mr. pengun will have their M&G. We shall see!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom