What I think...as of today...for now...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
He quit posting here because of a few with attitudes like that. Eveyrtime he posted someone would try to make the post about him rather than the subject. Just how many people would you like to run off from WDWmagic?

No, he quit posting here because of his incessant negativity, endless squabbling with everyone, and his desire to place himself on a higher plane than anyone else, including the owner of this site.

CBOMB

I apologize for getting off topic. I just think it's wrong to start talking about people rather than the topic. For the record though. Lee, and WDW 1974 are good friends. Funny isn't it.

Also I felt like JT was expressing his opinions in this. Not saying anything was a fact.

SeaCastle

I don't think we want people to leave because of their posting style. He is more than welcome here, I think. Besides you really don't want everyone to have the same opinion do you? That would be so :snore:.

It's more than just annoying. It's trolling. He's admitted to being here to make things exciting so folks like me are ripping apart his every post.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's more than just annoying. It's trolling. He's admitted to being here to make things exciting so folks like me are ripping apart his every post.

They still haven't found a cure for narcisissm yet. Hopefully soon a telethon will be held.......

tirian

Jt trolls, but not as hard as 1974. Very few trolled that well.

Except that '74 knows people deep in the company, and actually knew what he was talking about. I doubt anybody else here has had meals with Disney execs like '74. Despite his constant negativity, I agreed with most of his sentiments.

And JT is entitled to his own opinion. If you don't agree with it, ignore him. This isn't high school.

This thread is about the possibilities coming to FLE; it isn't a crap fest for people to toss dung at each other and argue about who hates who better. Geez.

tirian

By the way, did anyone notice how certain sections were completely blocked out of the computer-rendered FLE layout presented at the NASA conference? Everything not shown is being replaced.

_Scar

Except that '74 knows people deep in the company, and actually knew what he was talking about. I doubt anybody else here has had meals with Disney execs like '74. Despite his constant negativity, I agreed with most of his sentiments.

And JT is entitled to his own opinion. If you don't agree with it, ignore him. This isn't high school.

This thread is about the possibilities coming to FLE; it isn't a crap fest for people to toss dung at each other and argue about who hates who better. Geez.

Being an insider doesn't make you more insightful. I'm pretty sure many would agree people who work deep within TDO are delusional themselves :lol:

I'd rather hear Jt, who just has an opinion and a large hater-base than a snobby insider like 1974. Just not my cup of tea. Lee, on the other hand, and Juan are very respectful and much more of what we should see on this board.

And with that I'll stop the 74 bashing because I'm starting to feel like him with the negativity :lookaroun:brick::dazzle:

SeaCastle

I'll have to agree here; WDW1974 was an insider unlike any other insider I've read. His posts came across as very negative and I did not want to believe them, but I've never been able to look at the parks the same way after I've heard him talk about "Wal-marting". The parks haven't lost their magic for me, but it made me realize Disney is not the Salvation Army for fanboys, it's a corporation.

_Scar

I'll have to agree here; WDW1974 was an insider unlike any other insider I've read. His posts came across as very negative and I did not want to believe them, but I've never been able to look at the parks the same way after I've heard him talk about "Wal-marting". The parks haven't lost their magic for me, but it made me realize Disney is not the Salvation Army for fanboys, it's a corporation.

As much as it is a corporation, the customer service and overall attention to fans is still very song imo

Just because they don't listen to our armchair imagineering about what rides and stores should be here, there, or not there doesn't mean they hate fans.

Just my 2 cents.

By the way, did anyone notice how certain sections were completely blocked out of the computer-rendered FLE layout presented at the NASA conference? Everything not shown is being replaced.

Was all of Dumbo shown? :shrug:

David S.

Well, in the new version you can look at it from her point of view as well, as there are only 3 Snow White figures in the ride - only now, she lives Happily Ever After, instead of getting a rock dropped on her at the end! ;)

And that's why I prefer the current version. That, and I hate the witch/horror.

How can you see it through her eyes if you actually see her?

EMPATHY! :)

And what I meant was, since there are only 3 Snow White figures, the vast majority of the scenes in the ride do not have a Snow White figure, and therefore can still be seen "through her eyes".

And for the 3 scenes that DO have a Snow White figure, the figure does not hinder my ability to empathise with the character and see the story from her point of view.

aladdin2007

With all the talk about Dumbo and this whole circus or carnival theme (gosh I finally thought we were getting rid of that theme). Im still surprised they aren't doing something more with Alice. It doesnt sound like they are at this point, except for a new roof etc to the teacups but I would think an alice themed area of some sorts or ride would be a huge draw thats both classic and modern, due to both movie versions.
Dumbo is sounding like dinorama, but crossing fingers its not. Cant wait to see more on the mine ride, and if were going to lose the current snow white ride, its too bad its going to a meetngreet and not a pinocchio or alice ride etc etc. hey im just trying to get the thread back on track lol. :wave:

LudwigVonDrake

I'm still surprised they aren't doing something more with Alice. It doesnt sound like they are at this point, except for a new roof etc to the teacups...

For the upcoming rehab/refurb I hope besides a new roof they power wash the teacups and the deck they sit on. Last time I checked (July) they were positively gross :hurl:

Captain Chaos

Nope... Didn't notice that... Just watched that video again and when they showed the artist rendering, the Cinderella Chateau and Pixie Hollow was there... Where in the video are they blocked out?

SeaCastle

I noticed nobody has said anything about Gaston's. I wonder if they are keeping that part of BATB, along with BOG.

I was thinking the same as well. It'd be a shame to lose a counter-service restaurant, but I'm assuming it's staying because it is part of the BatB area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom