What I think...as of today...for now...

Captain Chaos

:lookaroun

I just call it as I see it. I will defend TDO if they are being unfairly attacked and be crtical of them if they are not defending WDW, or worse, suggesting the cheap and easy route. Those days should be way in the rearview mirror.

Seriously... give it up..

While others correctly took TDO to task around here, you were their staunchest supporter, even going as far as saying they have a grand and awesome plan for Pleasure Island... When others correctly bashed them for being cheap, you said called these people doomers and gloomers... You kept insisting there is a new sheriff, great things are coming...

Now that there is an area coming that you don't like, TDO is cheap... now they don't know what they are doing... Well, what about this sheriff you said is new in town?? You know, the one you sang high praises of, who was going to do everything right, the one who could do no wrong??

Please, give it up.. You are officially the most annoying member here.. Do us all a favor and go away...

Bork Bork

I have on good authority they are considering revamping the skyway station spot into a garden/Marry Poppins themed area where Marry Poppins and Burt/mr. pengun will have their M&G. We shall see!

Really? Strange use of the area, especially for a turn-of-the 20th Century English M&G. Can you share more about whose "good authority" this is on?

I'd love to see this area re-imagined!

jt04

While others correctly took TDO to task around here, you were their staunchest supporter, even going as far as saying they have a grand and awesome plan for Pleasure Island... When others correctly bashed them for being cheap, you said called these people doomers and gloomers... You kept insisting there is a new sheriff, great things are coming...

Now that there is an area coming that you don't like, TDO is cheap... now they don't know what they are doing... Well, what about this sheriff you said is new in town?? You know, the one you sang high praises of, who was going to do everything right, the one who could do no wrong??

Please, give it up.. You are officially the most annoying member here.. Do us all a favor and go away...

The new way of doing things can be seen in the FLE, the refurbs at the MK, the new restaurants at WS, the HM and HoP refurbs, ST2 and the coming changes to DtD which I am still optimistic about. :)

However, the old habits that I thought had been purged are trying to reassert themsleves. As evidenced by bringing back EO, the lack of significant progress in FW since the SSE project, and the real possibility they plan to keep the circus tents in FL east as part of an expanded Dumboland.:hurl:

jt04

I have on good authority they are considering revamping the skyway station spot into a garden/Marry Poppins themed area where Marry Poppins and Burt/mr. pengun will have their M&G. We shall see!

Well PPF does have a London theme so who knows. I guess it is possible.:shrug:

SeaCastle

The new way of doing things can be seen in the FLE, the refurbs at the MK, the new restaurants at WS, the HM and HoP refurbs, ST2 and the coming changes to DtD which I am still optimistic about. :)

However, the old habits that I thought had been purged are trying to reassert themsleves. As evidenced by bringing back EO, the lack of significant progress in FW since the SSE project, and the real possibility they plan to keep the circus tents in FL east as part of an expanded Dumboland.:hurl:

Corporate essentially forced TDO to build the Fantasyland Expansion. The new ride is also not TDO's doing. Corporate also forced them to do the completely new Star Tours II. If TDO had it's way, we'd be getting a Cliff-notes version of the new experience. The restaurants at World Showcase, though nicely designed, were built entirely for profit. There's no way around that. The Haunted Mansion received special attention from Phil Holmes because he operated the attraction when he was younger. He left the Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean refurbs to the dogs. The Main Street refurbs are nice, but these used to happen regularly, not once in a while.

There you go back to the circus tents again. You refused to provide proof where I asked you to show where they said the circus tents are staying. Yes there's a possibility they're staying, but there's also a great possibility that the current structural integrity is too low to keep them, and there is still talk that the FLE East is just a temporary placeholder until the budget comes along for something better, which unlike you, I'm ready to provide proof for. You really know how to pick your arguments here.

Like Steve told you to do, let it go. You're obsession with having to be right is really getting annoying to read. Everyone's wrong at some point in their posting careers. I'm happy to admit when I make mistakes. In your posts you always say "I'll be glad to be proven wrong" but that's never the case, is it? You were wrong about Downtown Disney, Pixie Hollow, the princess meet and greets, and a host of other things. Please be more consistent.

jt04

Corporate essentially forced TDO to build the Fantasyland Expansion. The new ride is also not TDO's doing. Corporate also forced them to do the completely new Star Tours II. If TDO had it's way, we'd be getting a Cliff-notes version of the new experience. The restaurants at World Showcase, though nicely designed, were built entirely for profit. There's no way around that. The Haunted Mansion received special attention from Phil Holmes because he operated the attraction when he was younger. He left the Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean refurbs to the dogs. The Main Street refurbs are nice, but these used to happen regularly, not once in a while.

True and so we should be glad they are returning to how it used to be pre-Eisner. And since when is profit a bad word? WDW would not exist if it was not for the profit motive. :D

There you go back to the circus tents again. You refused to provide proof where I asked you to show where they said the circus tents are staying. Yes there's a possibility they're staying, but there's also a great possibility that the current structural integrity is too low to keep them, and there is still talk that the FLE East is just a temporary placeholder until the budget comes along for something better, which unlike you, I'm ready to provide proof for. You really know how to pick your arguments here.

Lee did not shoot the suggestion down and even seems to acknowledge the possibility. It is a rumor but no insiders have denied it. BTW, this is the rumors section.:animwink:

Like Steve told you to do, let it go. You're obsession with having to be right is really getting annoying to read. Everyone's wrong at some point in their posting careers. I'm happy to admit when I make mistakes. In your posts you always say "I'll be glad to be proven wrong" but that's never the case, is it? You were wrong about Downtown Disney, Pixie Hollow, the princess meet and greets, and a host of other things. Please be more consistent.

I don't care that much if I'm right or wrong. In this case I hope the rumor is false and I'm totally wrong. But they are getting the mine train money from somewhere. :shrug:

Steve told me to stop arguing. I think that applies to everyone here. I'm having a civil discussion and defending my position. Nothing more. If you are reading more into it than that you are being too critical.

:wave:

BTW, did Disney announce any of Lee's recent rumors as being official? If so, could someone post the link. :wave:

SeaCastle

jt04 said:
True and so we should be glad they are returning to how it used to be pre-Eisner. And since when is profit a bad word? WDW would not exist if it was not for the profit motive.

TDO isn't getting changed. There is no shift in management to indicate so. It's been corporate interference in TDO's mis-management that is letting us see things like a brand new Star Tours or Princessland.

Profit is not a bad word. It's what WDW exists for. But look at the way they rain WDW with a profit before the mid-90's. Shortcuts weren't taken. Live entertainment abounded. Restaurants weren't closed seasonally. Maintenance was always a step ahead of the problem. And they still made a profit. They're still making profits, but at the expense of guest experience and value of the money they spent into going down to WDW.

Lee did not shoot the suggestion down and even seems to acknowledge the possibility. It is a rumor but no insiders have denied it. BTW, this is the rumors section.

He also said it was a possibility. No one has denied the tents staying, either.

Steve told me to stop arguing. I think that applies to everyone here. I'm having a civil discussion and defending my position. Nothing more. If you are reading more into it than that you are being too critical.

BTW, did Disney announce any of Lee's recent rumors as being official? If so, could someone post the link.

So you're saying that Lee's "rumors" are just that? :rolleyes: Here we go again.

CBOMB

Yeah, gee, because Walt Disney never had any interests in Circuses in his parks or films...

Disney Shorts - "Mickey's Circus"

Daveland Disneyland Mickey Mouse Club Circus Photo Page

That said, I find circuses pretty boring, but I'm all for a place for the kiddos to freak out and get their Dumbo on, while I'm enjoying other areas of the park. :)
I'm sure Walt Disney liked a lot of different things that he incorporated into films, and the Parks. All I've said is that I just don't think a circus tent is going to blend in with the feel of Fantasyland. That's merely my opinion.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm sure Walt Disney liked a lot of different things that he incorporated into films, and the Parks. All I've said is that I just don't think a circus tent is going to blend in with the feel of Fantasyland. That's merely my opinion.

Trying thinking of less than a "Big Top" circus tent and more of a carnival environment. That would be more in line with a European "circus" and the environ of the castle and FL "town" next to it.

BriEcho3194

Really JT? I mean this is just for rumors and talking about them. All you do is complain. Give Lee a break and let us try and see what's going on and try to ignore you posts. RUMORS ONLY! Lets have that happen ok? Who agree with me?!

CBOMB

I don't think we want people to leave because of their posting style. He is more than welcome here, I think. Besides you really don't want everyone to have the same opinion do you? That would be so :snore:.

Captain Chaos

WDW1974 was the most annoying member here. Jt can be second.

WDW1974 hasn't been around in a long time... So, jt now earns the most annoying tag... BTW, as much as I didn't agree with 74, he at least told it like it is.... Also, WDW1974 was annoited a doomer and gloomer by jt... Now, jt spews the same things WDW1974 did...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
WDW1974 hasn't been around in a long time... So, jt now earns the most annoying tag... BTW, as much as I didn't agree with 74, he at least told it like it is.... Also, WDW1974 was annoited a doomer and gloomer by jt... Now, jt spews the same things WDW1974 did...

74 told it like he saw it, nothing more or less. Let's not give him any more credit than that.....

CBOMB

Trying thinking of less than a "Big Top" circus tent and more of a carnival environment. That would be more in line with a European "circus" and the environ of the castle and FL "town" next to it.
The only thing I'm going on is the concept art I've seen of it. Look, I'm not Anti-Dumbo. It's a very popular ride. Having 2 of them side by side makes since. I'm not opposed to that. It's just that before, it was a ride with a little landscape around it, and a unthemed queue. Now there is going to be this massive show building that looks like a scene from the TV show Circus Boy. It's going to be surrounded by other things themed to fit in with the circus enviorment. If it was totally isolated from everything else, and only occupied the MTTF area, and wasn't done on the cheap I wouldn't complain. My fear is this project is going to be getting big budget cuts when the rest of Fantasyland starts running over budget, and believe me it will run over budget. Jt is right in his assessment that once something gets built there's no taking it back for a very long time. Just remember that MTTF was built to be temporary. I don't really think that it can be described as temporary after first opening in 1988, and becoming MTTF in 1996.

Captain Chaos

I don't think we want people to leave because of their posting style. He is more than welcome here, I think. Besides you really don't want everyone to have the same opinion do you? That would be so :snore:.

People can have different opinions... This site is comprised of how many members?? We all will not have the same opinions.. And I don't expect us to... However, there is a difference between expressing your opinion and expressing your opinion has cold hard facts... jt expresses his opinions as facts... And when he is told he is wrong, he questions that person's sources... He claims he is not an insider, then claims he knows exactly what Disney is doing... Maybe if he toned down his act, instead of trying to act like he knows it all, people will tolerate his posts more... His posting style isn't the problem...

But, enough with the thread drift... I haven't paid much attention to this thread the last few days.. Spent all day Saturday in Great Adventure... Read Lee is going on a cruise.. ENJOY!!!!! Hopefully he has some juicy information waiting in his email box when he returns...

As for Dumbo's Circus, it is an area I will visit, walk through, but won't spend a ton of time on because I am not the demographic it appeals to.. I won't ride the Dumbo spinners and won't hop on a kiddie coaster... but, still, I think the area will be magnificent... I don't mind that it features one music only... Heck, I posted this before... They can tie in the Festival of Fools into the northern section, keeping the festival/circus theme going... that way, there would be 2 movie franchises in the area, Dumbo and Hunchback... The circus and the gypsies have come to town... Still would have rathered Neverland to take over that area, but, we all cannot get what we want now, can we???

CBOMB

WDW1974 was the most annoying member here. Jt can be second.
He quit posting here because of a few with attitudes like that. Eveyrtime he posted someone would try to make the post about him rather than the subject. Just how many people would you like to run off from WDWmagic?

_Scar

He quit posting here because of a few with attitudes like that. Eveyrtime he posted someone would try to make the post about him rather than the subject. Just how many people would you like to run off from WDWmagic?

He was the biggest troll here.

troll-web1.jpg

Jt trolls, but not as hard as 1974. Very few trolled that well.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The only thing I'm going on is the concept art I've seen of it. Look, I'm not Anti-Dumbo. It's a very popular ride. Having 2 of them side by side makes since. I'm not opposed to that. It's just that before, it was a ride with a little landscape around it, and a unthemed queue. Now there is going to be this massive show building that looks like a scene from the TV show Circus Boy. It's going to be surrounded by other things themed to fit in with the circus enviorment. If it was totally isolated from everything else, and only occupied the MTTF area, and wasn't done on the cheap I wouldn't complain. My fear is this project is going to be getting big budget cuts when the rest of Fantasyland starts running over budget, and believe me it will run over budget. Jt is right in his assessment that once something gets built there's no taking it back for a very long time. Just remember that MTTF was built to be temporary. I don't really think that it can be described as temporary after first opening in 1988, and becoming MTTF in 1996.

Well, first, I didn't believe you were anti-Dumbo, nor insinuated that. Second, concept art is just that, and maleable as well. Third, any "massive" tents probably won't be when considered on scale with Cinderella's castle, the Beast's castle, even the Tavern. It's going to be a queue for the most part, so the size is not going to be as overwhelming as one may fear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom