What I think...as of today...for now...

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Lee, do you know what will replace SWSA? And whether that will be temporary or not?

Princess M&G, which will be temporary.
Followed by a new, as yet unknown dark ride.
NOTE: Please...Let's not waste time trying to guess or speculate what that ride may be. It's a few years away, and I'm sure that nothing is determined yet.

DisneyParksFan1

NOTE: Please...Let's not waste time trying to guess or speculate what that ride may be. It's a few years away, and I'm sure that nothing is determined yet.

Thanks. So this was the controversial location that raven was talking about?

njDizFan

Then the question would be, where will the uprooted princesses go after being booted from SWSA?

Don't think we could shoehorn them into the NE corner of FLE.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Then the question would be, where will the uprooted princesses go after being booted from SWSA?

Don't think we could shoehorn them into the NE corner of FLE.
Nope.
Skyway area seems to be the current plan. Not the current structure, that would have to go. The princesses could well take over that whole area from small world to Liberty Sq.

kcnole

Looking forward to seeing the changes as long as it can continue being a beautifully themed environment. I hated the idea of basically having one new ride and a bunch of meet and greets that we had previously.

njDizFan

:shrug::hammer:I thought the skyway station was behind Astro Orbiter? Sorry, is there another in LS?

Anybody with a map?

muteki

My one concern is whether or not this is going to be something that two adults would get on or is it strictly for parents and little children? When I think of a jr coaster I think of barnstormer, which is not really meant for adults to get on unless there riding with their scared child. I don't know how to really describe it but I am a 32 yr old male and I don't feel awkward riding Peter pan or pooh or other dark rides but there is something about barnstormer that I would feel like a complete jackazz if I was riding. Please tell me that this is going to be something everyone will enjoy of any age. Does anyone know what I mean?

Same here, I don't ride barnstormer much anymore mostly for that reason. I hope we don't get another barnstormer, we already have one and so close. Something is going to have to set it apart (indoor/underground whatever).

And since we are in the mood for posting possible similar rides, it is sounding a lot like the Little Eagle to me :)cry:). Small foot print, small coaster but ride was longer as it made 2 complete circuits:

mbp31.jpg

imagineer boy

:shrug::hammer:I thought the skyway station was behind Astro Orbiter? Sorry, is there another in LS?

Anybody with a map?

There's a very Swiss looking structure off to the side of the walkway between Liberty Square and FL by IASW. Its where you could board the skyway from FL.

tirian

The concept leans closer to a combination dark ride/coaster, like Revenge of the Mummy—but NOT on that scale! Crush's Coaster at Disney Studios Paris is a bit closer.

My point is that it won't just be the Barnstormer plopped inside a building. This will be an actual dark ride with coaster elements.

...if it's completely greenlit and not canceled...

sponono88

Hopefully it isn't temporary the same way Toontown Faire was "temporary".

The new mine coaster sounds like it could be fun. And i'm very glad to hear that the number of meet and greets has been decreased. I think getting rid of SWSA is a big mistake though. :shrug:

Wilt Dasney

Lee:

With the princesses getting bunched together, does that mean all of the "enhanced" aspects of the Cindy/Aurora M&G's are gone? (i.e., Aurora's suprise party, Cindy ballroom dancing, etc.)

In other words, will this be your standard hug/photo/autograph experience, or did any of the more interesting stuff survive the purge?

Mansion Butler

There's a very Swiss looking structure off to the side of the walkway between Liberty Square and FL by IASW. Its where you could board the skyway from FL.
And if you're parking strollers, about once every ten minutes someone will yell at you about the entrance not being clearly marked, and then insist it's the Haunted Mansion.:ROFLOL:

jt04

The concept leans closer to a combination dark ride/coaster, like Revenge of the Mummy—but NOT on that scale! Crush's Coaster at Disney Studios Paris is a bit closer.

My point is that it won't just be the Barnstormer plopped inside a building. This will be an actual dark ride with coaster elements.

Oh. :lookaroun

Interesting. Thanks Tirian.

I won't comment on what I'm about to say further so I hope all will respect that.

If everything is still in flux, why not build a Utilidor level below whatever it is they do decide on? (asking rhetorically) Even if the space is left empty it would be there for future growth. We really are not talking that much extra for construction considering the potential for further expansion. And with modern concrete and sealents these spaces can be kept high and dry.

So then they could go with the original plan or perhaps even utilize my idea in total (underground mine dark ride). It's free and in the public domain so please don't hesitate to use it.

Most of alll, I'm glad they are still deciding. Anything going to the MK should be done right or not at all IMO.

OK 2 hours of "Dog" tonight. See you all Thursday.

LudwigVonDrake

Don't they need to finalize the plans fairly soon since construction has started on the area?

Next Big Thing

Oh. :lookaroun

Interesting. Thanks Tirian.

I won't comment on what I'm about to say further so I hope all will respect that.

If everything is still in flux, why not build a Utilidor level below whatever it is they do decide on? (asking rhetorically) Even if the space is left empty it would be there for future growth. We really are not talking that much extra for construction considering the potential for further expansion. And with modern concrete and sealents these spaces can be kept high and dry.

So then they could go with the original plan or perhaps even utilize my idea in total (underground mine dark ride). It's free and in the public domain so please don't hesitate to use it.

Most of alll, I'm glad they are still deciding. Anything going to the MK should be done right or not at all IMO.

OK 2 hours of "Dog" tonight. See you all Thursday.
The utilidoors would restrict the aesthetic beauty of the FLE and they don't want that. They wouldn't be able to have water features and such which was, from what I remember, something they were excited about since they were able to do it b/c there were no utilidoors.

tirian

This thing is being kept so secretive that we probably won't know the details until Disney announces them.

Leaks have been plugged with corks, duct tape, putty, and bubble gum.

I would love someone to prove me wrong. :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Lee:
In other words, will this be your standard hug/photo/autograph experience, or did any of the more interesting stuff survive the purge?

Yeah...you won't be coloring with Aurora or watching Cinderella change.
They do have some cool image capture stuff they are planning. That way, when you exit through the princess gift shop, you can immediately buy your photos!:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom