What I think...as of today...for now...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yep exactly.

I think the best way to look at it right now is that it is perhaps a coaster ride system, that will be child/family orientated, with a good amount of theming. It should not be confused with being a thrill ride that is going to satisfy teens/adults that are expecting a RnR or Expedition Everest level of coaster-thrill.

Well that will disappoint some around here. :rolleyes:

RSoxNo1

No the coaster part shouldn't be dropped at all.

Yes, it certainly seems the ride will use a coaster ride system.
My caution against the coaster label was to prevent people from expecting something more thrilling than this will be.

Let's try "mine car junior coaster ride.":lol:

I just meant that the word "coaster" carries certain expectations with people.

Yeah, something like Adventure Express ("Really? They only themed the end?!?":lol:) would be out of the question.

It would be comparable to Adventure Express or it would not be?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I just meant that the word "coaster" carries certain expectations with people.

I understand what you're saying. There's a similar connotation when using the term "thrill ride," even though the term is highly subjective from person to person....

Tom

Beta Return
It would be comparable to Adventure Express or it would not be?

I think Lee was being sarcastic with the "Yeah" part. Sort of an Office Space kind of "Yeahhhhh".

If you've never experienced AE, it's an embarrassment of a "coaster", but it's the only thing I've ever personally seen outside of WDW with a "mine car on a coaster track". That's the extent of the theming there, however. At the end of the ride you go into a "mine" and there are some cheap effects, but that's it. It's essentially a tube-steel mini-coaster through the woods.

DisneyNut2007

This whole controversy only serves as further proof that Lee and his fellow phony-baloney insiders and self-centered "meddlers" need to be banned from this forum ASAP! :mad:

Please, Steve! Answer this prayer and rid this forum of Lee and his fellow liars. :(

P.S.: Don't even mention Corrus! He was just as much a cranky, selfish phony insider and big fat liar as Lee!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I think Lee was being sarcastic with the "Yeah" part. Sort of an Office Space kind of "Yeahhhhh".

If you've never experienced AE, it's an embarrassment of a "coaster", but it's the only thing I've ever personally seen outside of WDW with a "mine car on a coaster track". That's the extent of the theming there, however. At the end of the ride you go into a "mine" and there are some cheap effects, but that's it. It's essentially a tube-steel mini-coaster through the woods.

You want embarassing, try the Indiana Jones coaster at Disneyland Paris. It's a mine car theme (think scenes from Temple of Doom) and it's terrible. Worse than Adventure Express.

RSoxNo1

Yeah I'm not familiar with it at all, I just would have looked it up if the style was going to be similar.

Grizzly Hall 71

You want embarassing, try the Indiana Jones coaster at Disneyland Paris. It's a mine car theme (think scenes from Temple of Doom) and it's terrible. Worse than Adventure Express.

Really? I mean I've never been on it but it looks great. Wasn't that the first Disney coaster to take guest upside down?

Mr. Spock

I find everything about that statement to be impossible to believe. :lookaroun

Nope while it has nothing to dur with Temple of doom the coaster is terrible. The park was over budget and they bought an off the shelf coaster. The theming is great but the coaster is very rough and not really all that good.

Grizzly Hall 71

Nope while it has nothing to dur with Temple of doom the coaster is terrible. The park was over budget and they bought an off the shelf coaster. The theming is great but the coaster is very rough and not really all that good.

Well I mean terrible is such a strong word toward a company who doesn't focus on roller coasters as much as others.

It was a foundation for the Rock N Roller Coasters, Space Mountain in DLP, and California Screamin'.

Mr. Spock

Well I mean terrible is such a strong word toward a company who doesn't focus on roller coasters as much as others.

It was a foundation for the Rock N Roller Coasters, Space Mountain in DLP, and California Screamin'.

Trust me it is not popular there and you will come off with a migrain. People say SM is rough this is SM times 1000.

Grizzly Hall 71

Trust me it is not popular there and you will come off with a migrain. People say SM is rough this is SM times 1000.

Well by where I live there used to be a wooden coaster called Hercules. Now that was a rough one. I've heard people break bones up there. Now if it tops that, then I will call it terrible.

ChrisM

I don't recall Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril being bad, although it has been over 10 years since I rode it. I do recall thinking was rather short given how long we spent in the queue (which I thought was very well themed).

One thing I know for sure is that the DLP version of Big Thunder Mountain was completely badass.

Grizzly Hall 71

I don't recall Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril being bad, although it has been over 10 years since I rode it. I do recall thinking was rather short given how long we spent in the queue (which I thought was very well themed).

One thing I know for sure is that the DLP version of Big Thunder Mountain was completely badass.

It looks badass. I mean it's on it's own island. Let me repeat, IT'S OWN ISLAND!!! BTMR out there makes WDW's look like small world.

_Scar

0.jpg

A virtual ridethrough screencap ^

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom